Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who SHOULD be the next full time Head Coach for the Cowboys
Jason Garrett will keep the job next year and beyond 11 16.67%
Bill Cowher. He's been waiting for a good opening. THIS is as big as they get. 6 9.09%
Jon Gruden. See above. Gruden will do with Romo what he did with the Raiders Rich Gannon. 21 31.82%
Leslie Frazier 5 7.58%
John Fox 6 9.09%
Brian Billick 6 9.09%
Denny Green 4 6.06%
Brian Schottenheimer 1 1.52%
Perry Fewell 2 3.03%
OTHER- name him 4 6.06%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

would ware be able to play sam in a 43?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
would ware be able to play sam in a 43?
DE all the way.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jerry may actually dip into the college ranks this time. He did it with Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think Jerry may actually dip into the college ranks this time. He did it with Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer.
Harbaugh? Saban?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Harbaugh? Saban?
I think Saban thinks to highly of himself to be a good NFL HC where losing is just a part of the game. He's set at Alabama for a while, where he can win a lot for a long time... me thinks.

Harbaugh is a possibility. I think Stoops would be at the top of his wish list though.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zimmer would work pretty well. They could conceivably run a hybrid, if they have a lineup of Spencer on the strong side, Sean Lee or Bradie James in the middle, Jason Williams on the weakside and Ware either on the line or standing up. They should go back to a zone scheme on coverage with the personnel they have.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob Stoops has asked for total control of an NFL team to make that jump from Oklahoma before, HC & GM, + $5M a yr.

No takers so far.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Harbaugh? Satan?
Fixed.
When hell freezes over on Nick, I'd say.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk if i'd want Stoops, but i'd definitely be on board with Harbaugh. Although Stoops does have some balls, not gonna lie.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch Stoops is gonna be one of the first ones to be contacted, just watch. There wouldn't even be a coaching hunt if he wanted this job, but he's set at OU and I don't think there is anyway he leaves, but I don't want to take a risk on a College coach anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I selected Gruden, who I don't think will be able to reisist the shot at making Romo a SB winner.

Good God I hope he fails miserably.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Watch Stoops is gonna be one of the first ones to be contacted, just watch. There wouldn't even be a coaching hunt if he wanted this job, but he's set at OU and I don't think there is anyway he leaves, but I don't want to take a risk on a College coach anyway.
I agree, i dont see Stoops ever leaving college.....I said it on the last page as well....Harbaugh is much more realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope that they don't take Harbaugh. He saved Stanford. It would be interesting to see how his approach would interact in the pros. He is an intense dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I dont think there is any chance in hell that either Gruden or Cower go, everywhere they have coached they have had a big say in the personnel decisions. Jones and those 2 dont see like very good fits.

Anyone think that Jim Harbaugh might be in the running? I think if Luck leaves hes gonna head to the NFL.
Gruden had zero say in personnel decisions in Oakland, and reports were that he didn't even have authority to hire/fire assistant coaches. In Tampa he had more influence, but there was still a GM in place.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Any team wanting Gruden should hope that the Browns continue to win. Because if they don't, Mangini is gone and Holmgren would scoop up Gruden in an instant. I honestly thought it was going to happen from the start. But if things sour, Gruden would be the first call Holmgren makes.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's wrong with Zimmer?

I think he has all the qualities that this team needs.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Johnson was his former college roommate & team mate @ Arkansas in 1961. And Switzer was who he hired to save face after Johnson quit at the zenith of his Cowboys career after the 2 old friends had a drunken public screaming & namecalling match at an NFL event.
Both were too proud to patch things up, & the best NFL team fell into Switzer's lap. Switzer was also from Arkansas originally & an old friend of Jones'.

IMO Wade will never be thought as the worst HC in Dallas history b/c Switzer was. 90% of the drugs scandals happened under his watch, he retired on the job after he won a SB with the team he inherited from & & built by Johnson. Best team in the league fell to him & he effed it up, unforgivable.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Johnson was his former college roommate & team mate @ Arkansas in 1961. And Switzer was who he hired to save face after Johnson quit at the zenith of his Cowboys career after the 2 old friends had a drunken public screaming & namecalling match at an NFL event.
Both were too proud to patch things up, & the best NFL team fell into Switzer's lap. Switzer was also from Arkansas originally & an old friend of Jones'.

IMO Wade will never be thought as the worst HC in Dallas history b/c Switzer was. 90% of the drugs scandals happened under his watch, he retired on the job after he won a SB with the team he inherited from & & built by Johnson. Best team in the league fell to him & he effed it up, unforgivable.
Harbaugh and Luck in a package deal?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN will announce shortly that I, cc.sd, will become the new Dallas head coach in 2011.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
ESPN will announce shortly that I, cc.sd, will become the new Dallas head coach in 2011.
You going to sign Moss and TO in the off-season?

Do it.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DE all the way.
Why would anyone want him to play SAM anyway? Seems like it'd be a major waste of his elite skills.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
You going to sign Moss and TO in the off-season?

Do it.
no but I am sending 3 veterans to Deion Sanders' place on a recruiting drive, and trading for Jordy Nelson.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The right college coach is Bo Pelini or Jim Harbaugh. Both turned dormant teams into powerhouses.