Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Should we be playing that game?

and Who should be the next to get a VH1 show?
Who else thinks the whole Chad/Carson living together should be on VH1?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Who else thinks the whole Chad/Carson living together should be on VH1?
Who watches vh1?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Who watches vh1?
Are you mocking me? >.< lol

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 07-22-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Are you mocking me? >.< lol
Does it seem as I am mocking you?

Will I make a questions game thread now?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Does it seem as I am mocking you?

Will I make a questions game thread now?
Can someone tell me how this thread came to this?

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Is this discussion really happening?
I was just... curious?
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread has HOF potential.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
You come dangerously close to thug status when your teeth are now worth more than a used Toyota
i've met plenty of people having those grills who aren't thugs.

just idiots.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I was just... curious?
That's what she said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:21 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
i've met plenty of people having those grills who aren't thugs.

just idiots.
That's the whole point champ.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yourfavestoner
He is one of the most physical receivers during routes and after the catch.
Yeah, when I read that I was like "wtf"? TO has made his living running slants and drags, beating up the DBs who try to bring him down, and getting huge yardage after the catch.

We're talking about a guy who came back from a very bad broken ankle in four weeks and turned in an MVP performance in the Superbowl on one leg.
Well, I disagree, sure this is just one highlight clip, but I personally do not see many broken tackles in this video. And when he does get tackled, he goes down like a bag of dirt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbbaDcyR0-4

Now you would think this Adonis prima donna would be able to attack defensive backs as if he were a running back and destroy them. If he is so physically elite and strong that is.

Nothing about T.O. now makes me think physically tough and hard to tackle at all. Sure as a younger player he was more that way, but as his chauvinistic side got older, he clearly has become weaker on the football field surprisingly.

Now clearly I do not like the guy, and the his freaking show is the topping to that. Just my opinion, but again personally I never consider him in the annals of Sports history as an elite gamer. And I would not want him on my football team ever.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm getting a healthy dose of lawlercakes from this thread.

quit watching vh1 ozzy. it's not real life.

wait. you don't know that?
houston, we have a problem.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ozzy how is Avril doing?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Well, I disagree, sure this is just one highlight clip, but I personally do not see many broken tackles in this video. And when he does get tackled, he goes down like a bag of dirt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbbaDcyR0-4

Now you would think this Adonis prima donna would be able to attack defensive backs as if he were a running back and destroy them. If he is so physically elite and strong that is.

Nothing about T.O. now makes me think physically tough and hard to tackle at all. Sure as a younger player he was more that way, but as his chauvinistic side got older, he clearly has become weaker on the football field surprisingly.

Now clearly I do not like the guy, and the his freaking show is the topping to that. Just my opinion, but again personally I never consider him in the annals of Sports history as an elite gamer. And I would not want him on my football team ever.
Agree to disagree then. Were there lots of broken tackles? A few, but not a ton. But I also only saw him get tackled twice in the video - both times by Al Harris. Also, note how easily he blows by press coverage.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agree to disagree then. Were there lots of broken tackles? A few, but not a ton. But I also only saw him get tackled twice in the video - both times by Al Harris. Also, note how easily he blows by press coverage.
I never said he was not fast, I am saying again for being this so called human adonis, he sure goes down quick.

As for the show, I watched a minute of it, and probably will be the last time I watch it. Does not take long to watch him verbally interact with others and see why no football player would follow his lead or example.

Good luck Bills winning the Super Bowl ;)

P.S. Avril is doing ******* AWESOME!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The T.O. Show, what a joke, but what a wonderful representation of one of the biggest fakes to ever play in the NFL.

Sure physically he is as built as they come, but mentally he is weak and that is why he has never really accomplished anything or was the leader on any of the teams he has played on. The guy is selfish, chauvinistic, egotistical and does not back up what he says.

For such a physically strong man, he sure plays a weak brand of football, almost afraid to get physical and aggressive.

He is the prototypical pretty boy, and people that group Randy Moss and Terrell Owens in the same category need to think again.

I love gamers, players that are cocky, confident and flamboyant, but there is a thin line between gamers and players. Gamers love to compete, love the challenge, and love the sport. Players just do what gets them paid and gets them their piece of the pie. Gamers win, players might have success but will never be remember for what they do on the field as much as what they do off of it.

Watching one minute of the T.O. Show was flat out disgusting. It clearly gives a picture to who he is as a person however, no wonder no one follows him, because simply put he is not a winner and is not a gamer. When thinking of the best receivers in NFL history, his name will not come up 20 years from now.

There is a reason he all of a sudden went from one of the biggest markets in football to a small market team in Buffalo. He no longer is an elite player, and good luck making an impact in the playoffs Bills, if you think getting T.O. will help you win a Super Bowl, you have another thing coming.
You are letting your dislike turn into disrespect.

We won't remember Terrell Owens? Are you serious?

We won't remember a receiver who is only behind Jerry Rice in receiving touchdowns, 6th in receptions and 5th in receiving yards?

He will be remembered, because he was a great player and also a circus.

I don't think anyone can say they were unimpressed by Owens' performance at the Super Bowl.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Taking a page out of boe's book.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never said he was not fast, I am saying again for being this so called human adonis, he sure goes down quick.

As for the show, I watched a minute of it, and probably will be the last time I watch it. Does not take long to watch him verbally interact with others and see why no football player would follow his lead or example.

Good luck Bills winning the Super Bowl ;)

P.S. Avril is doing ******* AWESOME!
The guy is one of the greatest players to ever play the game. You say was he did last night at his advanced age and you cannot deny his numbers regardless of how much you hate him.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Okay,

#1. This is the coolest thing ever:

You can't even hate this.

#2. My most hated guy in the NFL is Chad Johnson. I detest that idiot/loser/thug/punk with every fiber of my being.
What makes him a thug according to you?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A mentally weak player doesn't come back from a broken leg in one month to play in a superbowl and be the best player in that game while his QB was throwing up by the 4th quarter because he was too hungover. That's why it really annoys me to see people question TO's toughness, he may be a whiny diva, but the ***** has balls and he's proved that more than any other Eagle this decade.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 11-09-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
A mentally weak player doesn't come back from a broken leg in one month to play in a superbowl and be the best player in that game while his QB was throwing up by the 4th quarter because he was too hungover. That's why it really annoys me to see people question TO's toughness, he may be a whiny diva, but the ***** has balls and he's proved that more than any other Eagle this decade.
They don't pop up from hits like the one he took from Polumalu either.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but the ***** has balls and he's proved that more than any other Eagle this decade.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ive seen you and YFS point to this. Ive seen the Bill Simmons article, but do you have any legit sources to back that up?

And yes, TO is one tough mofo, that dude wants to win so freaking bad and he tries so hard gotta respect him as a player anyway.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
Ive seen you and YFS point to this. Ive seen the Bill Simmons article, but do you have any legit sources to back that up?

And yes, TO is one tough mofo, that dude wants to win so freaking bad and he tries so hard gotta respect him as a player anyway.
Other than the Simmons article, no, but I'll take his word for it since he was there doing a daily diary for the entire Eagles/Pats Superbowl week.

If there was any sportswriter I'd trust with little nuggets like this (especially concerning the party scene during Superbowl week), it's Billy.

Maybe "hungover" is taking it too far, and "not entirely focused on the biggest game of his life" is a more accurate description.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone catch 1st and 10 today? I really wanna hear what excuses lame ass Skip Bayless came up with TO's performance. He's been saying TO should retire, is washed up, a shell of his former self, lost 2 steps, and so many other non observent hating comments about him since his last year in Dallas.

I wanna see how he back tracks now that 3 years later he's still playing like a top 10 WR, and if TO lost a step, the way he's playing, that let's you know how good his prime was.

Anyone have any idea how many more years he has left? Another 3 solid years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote