Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I don't think Ryan has peaked. I've said multiple times I'm a huge fan of what Atlanta are doing and in fact they were my preseason pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, so it isnt like I don't appreciate what Ryan is doing down there as well. I'm of course talking about the physical attributes of both players, and its a cold hard fact that there are going to be throws Flacco can make that Ryan won't be able to. Not saying Ryan doesn't have the arm strength to push a 15 yard out, but Flacco can do those things with ease. Assuming all the chips fall perfectly for both players and they progress to the level that they should, I think you would have a hard time finding anyone really who would suggest Ryan has a higher ceiling then Flacco. But don't misconstrue my sentiments towards Flacco as a detriment to Ryan...I really like him and the Falcons as a whole. You just have some dumbass fans, like Halsey, who make jackass statements like you see above.
I don't really have any problems with what you said, nor did I take it as some personal attack on Ryan or anything, but I just don't think that because solely because of his arm strength being superior, Flacco has a much higher ceiling than Matt. I think we've seen that too much in this thread/the Freeman love. There are still things like accuracy, reading a defense, etc. Now you can say that learning how the read a D is easier than developing arm strength, but still. I think people here are putting too much into the whole (not necessarily just for Flacco) "Oh, he's got good size and has a rocket arm his got limitless potential!" when in fact, there are so many other things that go into QB play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I think that Flacco and Ryan are being underrated. 2.5 years and now people think that they can't develop anymore.
I don't think it's so much of that as it is, the "shiny new thing" effect. Matt came in and was amazing as a rookie we all heard that he's the next Peyton and he's gotten to a higher echelon, but he's not there yet, so outsiders are disappointed. Flacco has failed to take that tremendous step forward as well.

Then you've got Sam Bradford who has looked impressive on a crappy team which is getting him a lot of points (Although statistically he hasn't been on par with Ryan/Flacco rookie year wise), Freeman who has always had the tools and had some come from behind wins, so he's getting love, and Stafford who has looked incredible when on the field this year (And is ******* **** up in this poll when he's mostly been hurt and was rather unimpressive last year albeit on a bad team).

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 11-08-2010 at 10:23 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Then you've got Sam Bradford who has looked impressive on a crappy team which is getting him a lot of points (Although statistically he hasn't been on par with Ryan/Flacco rookie year wise)
Don't forget who Bradford has been throwing to at WR.
Their best guys weren't that good to begin with, and they all got hurt.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I've really been impressed with are these rookies and sophmores' ability to look off their receivers. Usually rookies and sophmores have a hard to shedding the habit of staring down one receiver waiting for him to get open and end up throwing a bad pass or pick.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2 guys with current and previous big shoulder worries are running away with this thread.

With Stafford's season maybe ending already, it goes to show us how fricking injuries can change careers, and franchises futures.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Very good INFO from the 2008 Draft with Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco in Peter King's column here today: Check it out:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ek9/index.html

Quote:
1. Ryan vs. Flacco.

Great Thursday game this week, the 6-2 Falcons and the 6-2 Ravens in Atlanta. The way the NFL schedule works -- assuming the format doesn't change in the new collective bargaining agreement -- Flacco and Ryan, should they stay on their same teams for the next decade, would meet in years three (this year), seven and 11. How odd, and sad, would it be if these good, young quarterbacks faced each other only three non-Super Bowl times?

Before the 2008 draft, when I was in Atlanta for the drafting of Ryan, the Rams and Ravens were persistent in trying to move up to pick Ryan. Baltimore couldn't, and then picked Flacco over Chad Henne. That, however, wasn't the real threat to Ryan being a Falcon and not a Raven. This was.

On the morning of the draft, Baltimore's Ozzie Newsome offered St. Louis, picking above Atlanta, picks in the first, second and fourth rounds in 2008 and third round in 2009 for the Rams' top choice. Baltimore would have taken Ryan. Atlanta would have taken defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, who's been a disappointment. Baltimore would have gotten Ryan, but would then have missed getting Ray Rice in the second round. So believe me, Atlanta's happy Baltimore didn't make the deal, and Baltimore's happy the Rams didn't take the deal. Baltimore has Flacco and Rice. Atlanta has Ryan. Both teams are living happily ever after.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan knocks down another QB on this list.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was an elite performance by Ryan. Very impressive. And he did it all without Turner helping him out.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
You mean Roddy White pushes down a DB in order to get that wide open for the game winning score?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyways, not taking anything away from Ryan. Played another great game! So did Flacco. This QB dual lived up to the Hype! Just wish the guys in stripes can actually make an obvious off. pass interference call there. That just ticks me off!
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Maybe he could try winning a playoff game

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
You mean Roddy White pushes down a DB in order to get that wide open for the game winning score?
They never call that.... even on Heisman Winner and DPOY Charles Woodson.
You all saw Fitzgerald shove Woodson down last year in the playoff game. No call.

I guess zebras think DBs are so uncoordinated, they just fall f***** down for no reason other than not being able to stand up.

MATTY ICE DELIVERED THOUGH even before that pass.

Damn Ravens didn't help us out there losing the game at the end.
Young Matty Ice led them down the field in the final minute when they had to have it.

Their offense was sharp on the do-or-die drive, and Ryan delivered. Ravens defense should hold their heads down in shame.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus I need to get NFL Network in my college aptmnt. I missed what by all accounts looked to be like an incredible game, missing a 4th qt comeback by both QB's. Flacco brought them back in what looked to be the game winning TD, then Ryan comes back and makes a big throw to Jenkins and Roddy to give them the late score.

Great game by two great young QB's, I really wished I hadn't missed this. I need to see if NFL Network has it on replay and I'll go ahead and record the game at my pops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan, third, behind Stafford and Bradford... LOL

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Matt Ryan, third, behind Stafford and Bradford... LOL
If the question was who is the best QB right now then it wouldn't a question, but it wasn't. It was long term, not right now, and while Ryan still can make a case for longterm also, he's still not a clear cut #1 right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Maybe he could try winning a playoff game
He will in time, don't you worry. Remember how many playoff wins Peyton had by year 3?
Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter King called Dorsey a disappointment :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Jesus I need to get NFL Network in my college aptmnt. I missed what by all accounts looked to be like an incredible game, missing a 4th qt comeback by both QB's. Flacco brought them back in what looked to be the game winning TD, then Ryan comes back and makes a big throw to Jenkins and Roddy to give them the late score.

Great game by two great young QB's, I really wished I hadn't missed this. I need to see if NFL Network has it on replay and I'll go ahead and record the game at my pops.
You only really missed a good 4th QTR.

Also, one game isn't going to change my opinion on these guys. Both QB's played well though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If the question was who is the best QB right now then it wouldn't a question, but it wasn't. It was long term, not right now, and while Ryan still can make a case for longterm also, he's still not a clear cut #1 right now.

Oh, yeah. He still is.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Play a great game.

Automatically become greatest QB ever, both present and future.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still would take Bradford over both. Remember guys Ryan Fitzpatrick carved this D to shreds. I expected Ryan to do something like that.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Play a great game.

Automatically become greatest QB ever, both present and future.
Pretty much this.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ravens D is not what it used to be, Ryan Fitzpatrick lit them up and someone else did too. They also blown 3 4th quarter leads this season and have fabian washington & josh wilson at Corners. They barely blitz anymore btw Joe Theisman & Matt Millan suck along with the papa guy.

Ryan did have a nice game though, I changed my mind & switch Ryan & Flacco on my list

Last edited by Complex : 11-12-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matty Ice living up to his nickname again.

lol at people who call him 'average' or 'below average'. Their ability to evaluate QB play is below average.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:56 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sammy B will get his shot at Matty Ice next week! We need to get by the toughness of Troy Smith (HAHAHAHA) first.