Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tashard Choice

When will this guy get his shot to become a lead back? He was almost in tears after sundays blowout talking about his role on this team. Dallas says they love him, but then don't give him the ball. In his rookie season everyone talked about him after that game against Pitt when he had 140 yards run and rec. Could he be a lead back for someone else? I don't watch that many Cowboys games so guys let me know... Hope he gets his shot a la Turner in the ATL.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the Cowboys make any good coaching decisions? It's why they're 1-7 and with an interim head coach now.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he got his first start against the steelers.....he made me a believer

dallas probably would let barber go before choice
Old 11-10-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Do the Cowboys make any good coaching decisions? It's why they're 1-7 and with an interim head coach now.
LOL that's true. But that pretty much is spot on, Choice proved he was the only back on our team who can stay healthy, and he went into December vs some very tough D's and was a feature back all around. I just hope we roll with Choice and Felix next year, and see how that works.

I've always been a big Choice fan, not for just his performance on the field but how much heart he plays with. You wouldn't mind 11 guys on your team with his heart and attitude, and hopefully get can get 15 touches a game next season for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe he should be the starter. Felix is a good change of pace back and Barber is a short yardage back. Choice is the complete package.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:45 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see him as their most complete back and imo, he could be a great every down back. Marion Barber isn't overly expensive and I don't think Felix is either, if that's the case no reason to break up the backfield.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
TheMorningZoo
Rookie

TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember last year / offseason we ( chargers ) were hoping our FO could do some sort of trade for Choice. We viewed him as the total package. Well, nothing happened (and I am assuming we could of had him for less than we got for Matthews).
TheMorningZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch the Cowboys all that much, but I sometimes think there's an inflated opinion of their RB talent. I'm not sure people would be so high on Choice if he played for a different team.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't watch the Cowboys all that much, but I sometimes think there's an inflated opinion of their RB talent. I'm not sure people would be so high on Choice if he played for a different team.
While in some instances this may be the case. Choice is the real deal, he's a great runner and receiver (admittedly I can't think of any major positives or negatives about his blocking) who is stuck in a bad situation. I have a feeling his fumble before halftime of the Skins game put him in the doghouse, and he has hard a hard time making his way back into a role where he should be (some of the blame goes to Garrett and Wade, when he was there). If he would be given an extended opportunity to showcase himself, he would get a starting job, whether it'd be staying with the Cowboys, or another team.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love him in Green Bay.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
DieHardDallasFanInDMV
Rookie

DieHardDallasFanInDMV hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He isn't going to Green Bay but you can have Marion. How about Marion and Orlando for Clay? I like that trade lol
DieHardDallasFanInDMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Choice is an average man's Terrell Davis. I think they compare well. They look alike when they run. Tashard doesn't go down easily, and has enough speed to make things happen on the edge. He is no Chris Johnson and probably won't bust a 80 yarder, but he is good enough.

He needs to play somewhere.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a very well rounded back, and not one of the "overrated" Cowboys imo. I think the Cowboys are in the same boat as my Bears when it comes to the fact that their run blocking has been so awful that no back is going to do well behind them.

But if they get some new pieces and a new offensive playcaller with a more run-based philosophy, Choice might very well prove that he is the best back that have.

If not, he'll prove it somewhere else after his rookie deal is up.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here was his production & touches for that stretch in December when he started all 4 games and every other RB on our roster was hurt:

@Pittsburgh: 23 rushes, 88 yards, 5 catches, 78 yards, 3.8 YPC
NY Giants: 9 carries, 91 yards, 4 catches, 52 yards, 1 rushing TD, 10.1 YPC
Baltimore: 17 carries, 90 yards, 7 catches, 25 yards, 1 rushing TD, 5.3 YPC
@Philly: 13 carries, 56 yards, 1 catch, 8 yards, 4.3 YPC

Now we did have much better run blocking during this time, but he was in for nearly every play, had a major role in running, blocking, catching passes, vs 4 teams who were very good vs the run, which the first 3 teams I believe were top 5 rushing D's that season.

He just has never gotten the amount of carries/touches from that December ever again so it's tough for him to really be able to show it and prove himself. I'd be very upset if he was traded, but with Barber's contract I expect him gone and Choice to have an expanded role, but he's honestly the guy that won't do anything flashy but he can be a work horse, road grading type of RB for a smash mouth type of team.

I think he should start next season also with alot of Felix mixed in, or even use Felix the way Deangelo Williams is used, and Choice like Jonathan Stewart but with the carries more distrubuted to get Choice the rock more. Barber isn't terrible but he's not even close to the same player he was and Choice has been better then him for two years at least now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needs an opportunity to showcase what he has in a feature back role somewhere and soon.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'd love him in Green Bay.
We'll get Grant back for next season, no thanks.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
We'll get Grant back for next season, no thanks.
I love Grant, and missing him dearly week to week.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I'll take choice over grant in an equal situation..
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Yeah about that, **** no.

Grant is so underrated on this board.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

I was sold on Choice watching him play at Georgia Tech. Like several people have said, he plays with so much heart.

I assume 90+% of people here have seen this video but it's worth posting anyway. At 1:43 a clip starts where Choice is talking in the locker room... Gets me everytime haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEivUpbwnv0
Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will99890 View Post
I was sold on Choice watching him play at Georgia Tech. Like several people have said, he plays with so much heart.

I assume 90+% of people here have seen this video but it's worth posting anyway. At 1:43 a clip starts where Choice is talking in the locker room... Gets me everytime haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEivUpbwnv0
Man, you weren't joking. I teared up.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd LOVE for him to take over for MeMo and Redman next year. I LOVED him coming out and wanted him in the later part of the draft. Granted we got that sexy beast Mendenhall, but Choice would be welcomed here in Pittsburgh.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Grant is ideal for our offense.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Man, you weren't joking. I teared up.
this one is better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nnst...eature=related
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote