Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 11-10-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Give the board your mid-season assesment of our team

I will give out my roster/position grades first:

Quarterbacks
Freeman - B+
Johnson - INC
Carpenter - INC

Quote:
Notes: For the season: 146/246 (59.3%) for 1722 yards 10 TDs/5 INTs with a rating of 85.8; 12th in the NFC in completion percentage; 7th in yards; 8th in yards per attempt; 7th in TDs; 3rd in least INTs; 8th (80) in 1st downs passing; 4th (25)for passes 25+ yards; t-3rd (6) for passes 40+ yards; 8th in rating.

1. Progress in year 2. I think we can all agree, Freeman is progressing faster than most have imagined at this point. Everyone has heard enough about his fourth quarter comebacks, but it's really important that he has the confidence of the team and staff to do this. Confidence in sports can never be undervalued. Totally cut down on his 18 INTs from his 9 starts last year, that's obvious. This makes me think that he is buying into the live to fight another day mantra that coaches preach. I think I have only seen him do this twice all year, Arizona game late when he took the sack instead of throwing the ball away and against Atlanta where he tried to lob the ball to Mike Williams before he got hit and it got intercepted by Babineaux. Again, to see this from him, at this stage in his career is very indicative of his maturity and vision of the big picture. His accuracy still needs improvement, but I will give him a pass because this is basically and new WR corps for him to work with. I think everyone shoots for 60%+ and remember hearing this as a knock against him coming out of Kansas St., I will wait to ding him on it till next year. 2. Leadership. I remembering reading about all the off-season work and prep he was doing and was excited to see what results it would have, I think that it's clear that we have a very talented young man who is willing to max out his physical talents with hard work. Can't say that for many athletes these days. Very important that our leader and Captain sets this example. Loved hearing some of Josh's sound bites from NFL.com, he's cool under pressure as he is in post game interviews. Never too high and never too low. I would like to mention that I like how he doesn't dress down any teammates on the field. There was a pass against Atlanta where Mike Williams ran the wrong route and pass fell incomplete, Williams knew it and put his head down. Josh didn't let it faze him one bit.

What I would like to see in the second half: a. Get better at going through his progressions. (1st option to 2nd option, etc....)b. Continue to stay healthy and get down when he decides to run. c. get better at throwing the ball away when he has to. d. as with most young QBs, that he doesn't fall into the habit of locking onto his 1st option e. Keep testing opposing defenses down field.
Running Backs/Full Backs
Williams - D
Blount - C+
Lumpkin - INC
Huggins - INC

Graham - INC
Lorig - D+

Quote:
Note: For the season Cadillac has 92 carries for 225 yards (2.4 avg) and 0 rushing TDs in 8 games. Blount has 56 carries for 268 yards (4.8 avg) and 3 rushing TDs in 5 games.

Among rookies, Blount has the 2nd highest rushing avg.; 4th most carries; 4th most yards; 2nd most rushing TDs; longest run(48 yards); 4th most runs for 1st downs(12); 1 fumble.

Williams - Everyone who has been paying attention knows that Cadillac has been through alot. He's able to catch passes out of the back field, properly pick up the blitz and protect the football. Just seems like he isn't effective as an every down back anymore. I feel, as do most Buc fans, that he should be relegated to third down RB as soon as LeGarrette picks up his responsibilities in pass pro. Blount - I have to say that I have been rooting for Blount ever since 2008 season at Oregon and especially since we signed him when the Titans released him. The first half of the season, when Blount was in at RB, he seems to really ignite the team and hardly ever goes down on first contact. Same doesn't look like it can be said about Cadillac. The things I notice about Blount is that he doesn't dance around alot behind the line of scrimmage. I have no idea how many times he decides to make his own cut and take the play where he wants it, but I can remember 2 plays where he has success and failure. First play was against Arizona in the fourth when we were lined up deep in our own territory. It looked like he was supposed to go inside and he ended up bouncing it around RT and broke off that long 48 yarder. I was pleasantly surprised at his speed on that play. Second instance that he clearly freelanced was against Atlanta, and I think everyone knows how that ended up. Love his power. Love that he seems to say the right things in interviews and praises the vets at his position. Huggins - Can't wait to see if Huggins can return to 100% next year. I wasn't able to watch any preseason games so I can't say that I have seen his speed. Graham - I don't pray but I will keep him and his family in my thoughts since the passing of his mother. I hope to see him more in the second half. Lorig - Going to need some work before we see any production out of him, pretty sure most would agree as well. I understand that he has some time at TE at Stanford. It sucked that Free was rushed and couldn't have gotten him the ball to him in a better spot for him to succeed against Atlanta. As an aside, I love the Jumbo Set where we had Roy Miller lined up at FB.

What I want to see in the second half: Hope Blount can a. stay out of trouble b. keep his nose down c. continue to play with a chip on his shoulder d. give us the type of power and production we haven't seen since A-Train. As for Cadillac, I think we might start to see less of him in the second half. It looks like the team is intent on getting these rookies out there and letting them learn from their mistakes and grow with Freeman. Want to see Graham get some opportunities in the passing game, too. .

Wide Receivers
Williams - B+
Benn - C+
Spurlock - B+
Stroughter - D+
Stovall - D-
Parker - D-

Tight Ends
Winslow - B
Gilmore - C-
Purvis - INC

Offensive Line
Penn - B+
Larsen - B
Zuttah - C+
Joseph - C
Lee - C
Faine - INC
Trueblood - INC
Hardman - INC
Barker - INC

Defensive Line
White - D-
McCoy - C
Miller - C-
Moore - D
Price - INC
Crowder - D
Sims - D-
Bennett - D-
Woods - INC
Magee - INC

Linebackers
Hayes - B-
Ruud - C-
Black - C+
Watson - C+
Hayward - B
Koutouvides - INC

Cornerbacks
Talib - A-
Barber - B
Biggers - B
Lewis - INC
Mack - INC

Safeties
Jones - D
Grimm - C+
Piscitelli - C
Lynch - C+

Special Teams
Barth - B+
Malone - B-
Economos - A
Spurlock - A-
Parker - D

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 11-14-2010 at 12:18 PM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Williams a B+? Spurlock a C? Both those guys should have A's... Caddy should have a D, only reason not a F is he can block and had a nice TD catch to win a game... imo
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Ohh and Ruud should have a F-.... Guy is killing us in the run game, more so then the rookie DT's imo...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that Economos has a ? should automatically mean it is an A. If you don't notice the long snapper, he is doing a good job.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:36 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does our nickelback, Biggers have anything less than a B? He started week one and did a great job, he's only been beaten in coverage a few times all season... granted, I've seen him turn down contact numerous times as a tackler, but in coverage he has been excellent.

How are you giving grades to Koutedvides and Hayward that differ as LBs when neither has played much if at all this season?

Sean Jones has been invisible, Piscitelli played well in his only real action of the season, Tim Crowder has been the best DE on the team and deserves far better than MOore, Bennett has provided numerous nice rushes... are you watching the games or are you looking at the stat sheet here?
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:39 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And as KennyG, not a big jazz fan here, said, Ruud is HORRIBLE! Between his bad angles, overrunning plays and inability to fill holes and get blocked, I can't understand how he is still in there.

Morris says that Ruud always gets us into the right play... errrrr, I wonder if Raheem knows that there is no right play when the D is only playing with 10. I'd rather have Watson at Sam and Black at Mike and have Quincy get us into the wrong play than have Ruud in there getting us into the "right play".
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
Williams a B+? Spurlock a C? Both those guys should have A's... Caddy should have a D, only reason not a F is he can block and had a nice TD catch to win a game... imo
These are just how I feel they should be graded.

I know that he's a rookie and all, but I feel like he's dropped some pretty catchable passes in recent games. I have also seen him run the wrong route a couple of times, too, confirmed by an errant Freeman pass and Mike's body language as he returns to the huddle. Lastly, his run blocking could be better.

In regards to Spurlock, he has been in the league longer, but he is our 3-4 WR so I guess you my expectations should be lowered. In retrospect, I feel like C is low for him, since he it seems he has done everything the staff has asked of him, both on offense and on special teams. I feel like, B+ would be more appropriate. I will say that I don't watch him as closely as I do, Mike or "Rejus".

You are right, I should've given Cadillac a lower grade. His yards per carry is terrible. I honestly haven't expected to much out of Caddy this year. That's why I originally graded him the way I did. He still is very effective pass blocker and seems like he is doing a good job mentoring LeGarrette Blount.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 11-13-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
The fact that Economos has a ? should automatically mean it is an A. If you don't notice the long snapper, he is doing a good job.
You have a great point, sir. I edited him an A.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
How does our nickelback, Biggers have anything less than a B? He started week one and did a great job, he's only been beaten in coverage a few times all season... granted, I've seen him turn down contact numerous times as a tackler, but in coverage he has been excellent.
You also have a great point. I edited him a B.

Quote:
How are you giving grades to Koutedvides and Hayward that differ as LBs when neither has played much if at all this season?
It's Koutouvides. I edited and only graded Hayward, he has been pretty consistent on our kick off coverage teams. And he and Lynch are tied with 11 sp teams tackles a piece. (per your news site)

Quote:
Sean Jones has been invisible, Piscitelli played well in his only real action of the season, Tim Crowder has been the best DE on the team and deserves far better than MOore, Bennett has provided numerous nice rushes... are you watching the games or are you looking at the stat sheet here?
I have honestly been able to only catch the majority of the Pittsburgh game, the first half of the St. Louis game, the last quarter of the Arizona game and the whole Atlanta game to answer your question. But I do look at the stats sheet since I can't watch every game.

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 11-14-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Can we see you guys, quote my grades and edit them up or down as you see fit?

:)

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 11-14-2010 at 12:04 AM.