Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-14-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have no one else to put in. Mccray and Church cant cover either.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
knock it off D
What exactly are you hoping this team accomplishes this season?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Ball haha

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What exactly are you hoping this team accomplishes this season?
I want to see this team dominate in all 3 phases of this game for the rest of the season. I would love to see us have the #1 pick...but I want this team to win every game. What if we finish 8-0 at the end of the season and miss the playoffs and not get a good pick....Doesn't that get you more excited for 2011 than having a top 5 pick?

Anything over .500 and Garrett gets the job. imo

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally agree. The difference between last week and this week was undeniable.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
Results speak for themselves. I have nothing more meaningful to say.
Why don't you do a comparative analysis with the rest of the league. Cowboys have been one of the winningest teams in recent years.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default pinch me! I must be dreaming!

Just came in from watering the yd limping on my sprained ankle (Mothman: I feel your pain) turned the channel & saw it, 33-20 Dallas wins! OMFG!

Sometimes a new deal with a fresh deck is just what's needed! Wow! So Sorry I missed the game, now the ankle doesnt hurt as much (he said 2 shots of Crown Royal later :--D )

Whooooooo! Dallas is back!! WTF happened to the #1 ranked NFL team, no excuses, beee-yotch, they're at home.

Is this the difference between drafting in the top 3 & the top 5?? Will Garrett "earn the job" in 2011 as Jerry said? Stay tuned.

Someone pls explain this to me, going to watch the highlight footage now -- this was a great weekend for all my teams, Bama won handily over Miss. St., 9ers win in OT from the Sheep on a Nedney FG, & Dallas dominates the baddest of the bad in the NFL.

Could it be -- (giggling incoherently now) tee-hee -- that the G-Men took us too lightly, kinda overlooked the team with the coaching chg? If Wade was there you know they would've blamed the power outage on Dallas stinking the plc up.

7 INTs this yr: 5 OF THEM FROM ELI!!!!!!

Not gonna yard sale that sweatshirt with the blue star after all.....again I say fellow Dallas Cowboys fans, Wooooooooooo!!! Big-ass woot!!

Congrats to Jason Garrett & the Cowboys, they won on the road & looked like a FB team again.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-14-2010 at 08:25 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I want to see this team dominate in all 3 phases of this game for the rest of the season. I would love to see us have the #1 pick...but I want this team to win every game. What if we finish 8-0 at the end of the season and miss the playoffs and not get a good pick....Doesn't that get you more excited for 2011 than having a top 5 pick?

Anything over .500 and Garrett gets the job. imo
I see what you're hoping for... and I...

LOL.

If we finish 2-14 or 8-8... I would still look at 2011 with the same hope for a bounce back season. In fact 2-14 gets us a damn easy schedule. That alone would probably help us bounce back more quickly than anything else.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Right now, I'm hoping for 6-10. We're not gonna get Peterson. Detroit is gonna snag him.

I like a scenerio where we go 6-10, team feels confidence with Garrett, get some o-lineman, and take Prince at the 8-10 range.

Peterson was to good of a dream to be true. We gotta face reality D :(
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

Quote:
Why don't you do a comparative analysis with the rest of the league. Cowboys have been one of the winningest teams in recent years.
Not in the playoffs.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

I guess mid season Head Coaching changes never work.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry vs. Parcell's One man's take...

It’s becoming increasingly popular among media types to rant about the Cowboys’ lack of talent. This team didn’t under-perform, they claim, they just were never that good.
These are the same “experts” who labeled Dallas as the league’s most talented team in the preseason. You show me someone who claims they didn’t think the ‘Boys were at least a top five team in terms of talent during the preseason, and I’ll show you a liar. It’s always amazing how one’s views transform after the fact.
Jones’ detractors claim he’s never won anything without a strong head coach. The winning culture of the Dallas Cowboys, some argue, deteriorated after the losses of both Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells. I’ll concede that Jones did an awful job as G.M. in the time frame after Jimmy’s departure and before Parcells’ arrival. That time was marred with early-round draft picks like David LaFleur, Ebenezer Ekuban, Dwayne Goodrich, and Quincy Carter.
Since Parcells’ reign in Big D, though, Jones has compiled a group of extremely talented football players. And since you know I’m all about statistics, let’s play a little game. I’ll label each pick during the Parcells era (2003-2006) and every pick since as a “hit” or “miss.” Since early picks are of course more important than later ones, we’ll use an inverse scale of scoring: a first-round hit is worth seven points, a second-round hit is worth six points, and so on. Similarly, a first-round miss is worth -7 points, a second-round miss is worth -6 points. . .you get the idea.
The second number behind each “hit” is a score from 1-10 of that player’s worth, regardless of the round in which they were drafted. I will use these numbers later.
Bill Parcells Era
Terence Newman- Hit (7) 9
Al Johnson- Miss (-6)
Jason Witten- Hit (5) 9
Bradie James- Hit (4) 6
B.J. Tucker- Miss (-2)
Zuriel Smith- Miss (-2)
Justin Bates- Miss (-1)
Total Draft: 5 points (B+)
Really good draft that provided Dallas with three major components of their current roster.
Julius Jones- Miss (-6)
Jacob Rogers- Miss (-6)
Stephen Peterman- Miss (-5)
Bruce Thornton- Miss (-4)
Sean Ryan- Miss (-3)
Nathan Jones- Miss (-1)
Patrick Crayton- Hit (1) 5
Jacques Reeves- Hit (1) 2
Total Draft: -23 points (D)
This is the exact sort of draft that is dismissed under Parcells but for which Jerry would be crucified.
DeMarcus Ware- Hit (7) 10
Marcus Spears- Hit/Miss (0)
Kevin Burnett- Miss (-6)
Marion Barber III- Hit (4) 5
Chris Canty- Hit (4) 3
Justin Beriault- Miss (-2)
Rob Petitti- Miss (-2)
Jay Ratliff- Hit (1) 9
Total Draft: 6 points (A)
The best draft under Parcells by far. You could argue Spears is either a hit/miss, so I effectively negated him.
Bobby Carpenter- Miss (-7)
Anthony Fasano- Hit/Miss (0)
Jason Hatcher- Hit/Miss (0)
Skyler Green- Miss (-4)
Patrick Watkins- Miss (-3)
Montavious Stanley- Miss (-2)
Pat McQuistan- Miss (-1)
E.J. Whitley- Miss (-1)
Total Draft: -18 (D-)
Another horrible draft under Parcells which people tend to forget.
Jerry Jones Era
Anthony Spencer- Hit (7) 8
James Marten- Miss (-5)
Isaiah Stanback- Miss (-4)
Doug Free- Hit (4) 8
Nick Folk- Hit/Miss (0)
Deon Anderson- Hit (2) 4
Courtney Brown- Miss (-1)
Alan Ball- Hit (1) 2
Total Draft: 4 points (B-)
Spencer and Free are major cogs for the future, and Deon Anderson and Alan Ball are hits due to draft spot.
Felix Jones- Hit/Miss (0)
Mike Jenkins- Hit (7) 7
Martellus Bennett- Hit (6) 4
Tashard Choice- Hit (4) 3
Orlando Scandrick- Hit (3) 3
Erik Walden- Miss (-2)
Total Draft: 18 points (A-)
I know it is easy to dismiss some of these players now, but we would have considered everyone except Walden a ‘hit’ in the preseason.
Jason Williams- Miss (-5)
Robert Brewster- Miss (-5)
Stephen McGee- Miss (-4)
Victor Butler- Hit (4) 3
Brandon Williams- Miss (-4)
DeAngelo Smith- Miss (-3)
Michael Hamlin- Miss (-3)
David Buehler- Hit/Miss (0)
Stephen Hodge- Miss (-2)
John Phillips- Hit (2) 3
Mike Mickens- Miss (-1)
Manuel Johnson- Miss (-1)
Total Draft: -22 points (D-)
Absolutely horrid draft, although I could have given Stephen McGee and Brandon Williams “0″ grades.
Dez Bryant- Hit (7) 8
Sean Lee- Miss (-6)
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah- ?
Sam Young- Hit (2) 1
Jamar Wall- Miss (-2)
Sean Lissemore- ?
Total Draft: 1 point (C+)
I realize it is too early to truly grade this draft, so these grades are speculative. I think we all know Dez Bryant is a ‘hit’ though.
Bill Parcells Four-Year Total: -30 points (-0.97 points per pick)
9/31 hits
Jerry Jones Four-Year Total: 1 point (0.03 points per pick)
12/32 hits
Now, clearly there are limitations to this little study. It may be a poor method to grade players as a “hit” or “miss.” Certainly DeMarcus Ware is more of a “hit” than Marion Barber, so he should be graded as such.
In an effort to account for this, I have provided each hit with a grade of 1-10, regardless of the round in which they were drafted. I kept the miss grades steady, as a miss in the first-round is surely more costly than a later one.
When we add up these new scores, the Parcells Era receives 24 more points, bringing his total to -6 points. That is -0.19 points per pick. The Jerry Jones Era receives five extra points, bringing his total to 6 points (0.19 points per pick).
No matter how you score it, Jerry has been superior in drafting in the four years since Parcells left as compared to the four years during Parcells’ stay in Big D.
Of course, Jerry Jones isn’t immune from criticism. I think it is valid to argue that, although the Cowboys are talented, the organization had no overarching vision. The Cowboys may just be a group of talented football players, not a team. Great teams aren’t simply a collection of the best players, but rather a cohesive group of men who work well together.
So have the 2010 version of the Dallas Cowboys suffered due to a lack of cohesion, or a lack of proper coaching? Either way, no matter what you might hear, it isn’t due to a lack of talent. A general manager’s job duties include assembling a core of talented players and finding the right coaches to lead those players. If Jerry Jones finds a way to accomplish the latter, you can bet this Cowboys team has the talent to quickly return to being a Championship contender.

http://dallascowboystimes.com/2010/1...allas-cowboys/

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not in the playoffs.
Ya your right, Those big rings sitting in Canton aren't from winning playoff games and winning the Super Bowl. They just give rings out for good Regular Seasons back in the day.

He said look at history not the past 5 years you have watched football.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

Hmm that actually made me think a bit more about it. THough I am willing to argue a few of the misses in BP's picks but does make you think if nothing else.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
Hmm that actually made me think a bit more about it. THough I am willing to argue a few of the misses in BP's picks but does make you think if nothing else.
Rember to though, Ware was a Jerry pick. Parcells wanted Spears there. How would that draft looked if we passed on Ware?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 11-14-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Just came in from watering the yd limping on my sprained ankle (Mothman: I feel your pain) turned the channel & saw it, 33-20 Dallas wins! OMFG!

Sometimes a new deal with a fresh deck is just what's needed! Wow! So Sorry I missed the game, now the ankle doesnt hurt as much (he said 2 shots of Crown Royal later :--D )

Whooooooo! Dallas is back!! WTF happened to the #1 ranked NFL team, no excuses, beee-yotch, they're at home.

Is this the difference between drafting in the top 3 & the top 5?? Will Garrett "earn the job" in 2011 as Jerry said? Stay tuned.

Someone pls explain this to me, going to watch the highlight footage now -- this was a great weekend for all my teams, Bama won handily over Miss. St., 9ers win in OT from the Sheep on a Nedney FG, & Dallas dominates the baddest of the bad in the NFL.

Could it be -- (giggling incoherently now) tee-hee -- that the G-Men took us too lightly, kinda overlooked the team with the coaching chg? If Wade was there you know they would've blamed the power outage on Dallas stinking the plc up.

7 INTs this yr: 5 OF THEM FROM ELI!!!!!!

Not gonna yard sale that sweatshirt with the blue star after all.....again I say fellow Dallas Cowboys fans, Wooooooooooo!!! Big-ass woot!!

Congrats to Jason Garrett & the Cowboys, they won on the road & looked like a FB team again.
lol...how did you sprain your ankle? Mine is still the size of a softball. :( Last time I sprained it, it stayed swollen for months and looks like the same deal this time around. I'm going to be so screwed one of these days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Not in the playoffs.
Selective memory?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

Quote:
Selective memory?
Your wrote "recent years" -- recent ain't nearly two decades ago. Anyway, I can not believe their are individuals who still go to bat for Jerry Jones .... so I will join the group amnesia ............ Yes, Jerry Jones is a great GM. All the great talent on this team is b/c of Jerry Jones. Jerry is the reason 92/93/95 happened.

Al Davis is also great. Heck, he went to a SB in the last Decade. Look at all the talent on the Raiders.

Last edited by baghdadbob : 11-14-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

Quote:

It’s becoming increasingly popular among media types to rant about the Cowboys’ lack of talent. This team didn’t under-perform, they claim, they just were never that good.
These are the same “experts” who labeled Dallas as the league’s most talented team in the preseason. You show me someone who claims they didn’t think the ‘Boys were at least a top five team in terms of talent during the preseason, and I’ll show you a liar. It’s always amazing how one’s views transform after the fact.
Jones’ detractors claim he’s never won anything without a strong head coach. The winning culture of the Dallas Cowboys, some argue, deteriorated after the losses of both Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells. I’ll concede that Jones did an awful job as G.M. in the time frame after Jimmy’s departure and before Parcells’ arrival. That time was marred with early-round draft picks like David LaFleur, Ebenezer Ekuban, Dwayne Goodrich, and Quincy Carter.
Since Parcells’ reign in Big D, though, Jones has compiled a group of extremely talented football players. And since you know I’m all about statistics, let’s play a little game. I’ll label each pick during the Parcells era (2003-2006) and every pick since as a “hit” or “miss.” Since early picks are of course more important than later ones, we’ll use an inverse scale of scoring: a first-round hit is worth seven points, a second-round hit is worth six points, and so on. Similarly, a first-round miss is worth -7 points, a second-round miss is worth -6 points. . .you get the idea.
The second number behind each “hit” is a score from 1-10 of that player’s worth, regardless of the round in which they were drafted. I will use these numbers later.
Bill Parcells Era
Terence Newman- Hit (7) 9
Al Johnson- Miss (-6)
Jason Witten- Hit (5) 9
Bradie James- Hit (4) 6
B.J. Tucker- Miss (-2)
Zuriel Smith- Miss (-2)
Justin Bates- Miss (-1)
Total Draft: 5 points (B+)
Really good draft that provided Dallas with three major components of their current roster.
Julius Jones- Miss (-6)
Jacob Rogers- Miss (-6)
Stephen Peterman- Miss (-5)
Bruce Thornton- Miss (-4)
Sean Ryan- Miss (-3)
Nathan Jones- Miss (-1)
Patrick Crayton- Hit (1) 5
Jacques Reeves- Hit (1) 2
Total Draft: -23 points (D)
This is the exact sort of draft that is dismissed under Parcells but for which Jerry would be crucified.
DeMarcus Ware- Hit (7) 10
Marcus Spears- Hit/Miss (0)
Kevin Burnett- Miss (-6)
Marion Barber III- Hit (4) 5
Chris Canty- Hit (4) 3
Justin Beriault- Miss (-2)
Rob Petitti- Miss (-2)
Jay Ratliff- Hit (1) 9
Total Draft: 6 points (A)
The best draft under Parcells by far. You could argue Spears is either a hit/miss, so I effectively negated him.
Bobby Carpenter- Miss (-7)
Anthony Fasano- Hit/Miss (0)
Jason Hatcher- Hit/Miss (0)
Skyler Green- Miss (-4)
Patrick Watkins- Miss (-3)
Montavious Stanley- Miss (-2)
Pat McQuistan- Miss (-1)
E.J. Whitley- Miss (-1)
Total Draft: -18 (D-)
Another horrible draft under Parcells which people tend to forget.
Jerry Jones Era
Anthony Spencer- Hit (7) 8
James Marten- Miss (-5)
Isaiah Stanback- Miss (-4)
Doug Free- Hit (4) 8
Nick Folk- Hit/Miss (0)
Deon Anderson- Hit (2) 4
Courtney Brown- Miss (-1)
Alan Ball- Hit (1) 2
Total Draft: 4 points (B-)
Spencer and Free are major cogs for the future, and Deon Anderson and Alan Ball are hits due to draft spot.
Felix Jones- Hit/Miss (0)
Mike Jenkins- Hit (7) 7
Martellus Bennett- Hit (6) 4
Tashard Choice- Hit (4) 3
Orlando Scandrick- Hit (3) 3
Erik Walden- Miss (-2)
Total Draft: 18 points (A-)
I know it is easy to dismiss some of these players now, but we would have considered everyone except Walden a ‘hit’ in the preseason.
Jason Williams- Miss (-5)
Robert Brewster- Miss (-5)
Stephen McGee- Miss (-4)
Victor Butler- Hit (4) 3
Brandon Williams- Miss (-4)
DeAngelo Smith- Miss (-3)
Michael Hamlin- Miss (-3)
David Buehler- Hit/Miss (0)
Stephen Hodge- Miss (-2)
John Phillips- Hit (2) 3
Mike Mickens- Miss (-1)
Manuel Johnson- Miss (-1)
Total Draft: -22 points (D-)
Absolutely horrid draft, although I could have given Stephen McGee and Brandon Williams “0″ grades.
Dez Bryant- Hit (7) 8
Sean Lee- Miss (-6)
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah- ?
Sam Young- Hit (2) 1
Jamar Wall- Miss (-2)
Sean Lissemore- ?
Total Draft: 1 point (C+)
I realize it is too early to truly grade this draft, so these grades are speculative. I think we all know Dez Bryant is a ‘hit’ though.
Bill Parcells Four-Year Total: -30 points (-0.97 points per pick)
9/31 hits
Jerry Jones Four-Year Total: 1 point (0.03 points per pick)
12/32 hits
Now, clearly there are limitations to this little study. It may be a poor method to grade players as a “hit” or “miss.” Certainly DeMarcus Ware is more of a “hit” than Marion Barber, so he should be graded as such.
In an effort to account for this, I have provided each hit with a grade of 1-10, regardless of the round in which they were drafted. I kept the miss grades steady, as a miss in the first-round is surely more costly than a later one.
When we add up these new scores, the Parcells Era receives 24 more points, bringing his total to -6 points. That is -0.19 points per pick. The Jerry Jones Era receives five extra points, bringing his total to 6 points (0.19 points per pick).
No matter how you score it, Jerry has been superior in drafting in the four years since Parcells left as compared to the four years during Parcells’ stay in Big D.
Of course, Jerry Jones isn’t immune from criticism. I think it is valid to argue that, although the Cowboys are talented, the organization had no overarching vision. The Cowboys may just be a group of talented football players, not a team. Great teams aren’t simply a collection of the best players, but rather a cohesive group of men who work well together.
So have the 2010 version of the Dallas Cowboys suffered due to a lack of cohesion, or a lack of proper coaching? Either way, no matter what you might hear, it isn’t due to a lack of talent. A general manager’s job duties include assembling a core of talented players and finding the right coaches to lead those players. If Jerry Jones finds a way to accomplish the latter, you can bet this Cowboys team has the talent to quickly return to being a Championship contender.

Parcells sucks. None of the talent on this team is a result of his work. Everyone knows Jerry is the reason every guy that worked out was Jerry's guy and every guy that failed is BP's guy .... unless it is Ireland or Wade.

Line up the bodies for "under-the-bus" detail. Mr Jones needs his reputation restored after this season.

Watch JG do well and see Jerry take all the credit. So much faith in Jason! It was his plan all along to give the job to JG! It was like cutting TO for Austin. HE KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!!!!

Jerry Jones is going to the HOF as a GM of Football Operations. Gotta get those tickets to Canton.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Parcells sucks. None of the talent on this team is a result of his work. Everyone knows Jerry is the reason every guy that worked out was Jerry's guy and every guy that failed is BP's guy .... unless it is Ireland or Wade.

Line up the bodies for "under-the-bus" detail. Mr Jones needs his reputation restored after this season.

Watch JG do well and see Jerry take all the credit. So much faith in Jason! It was his plan all along to give the job to JG! It was like cutting TO for Austin. HE KNEW IT ALL ALONG!!!!!

Jerry Jones is going to the HOF as a GM of Football Operations. Gotta get those tickets to Canton.
Didnt take long for the real Bob to show back up lol. How long will it last this time?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

Quote:
Didnt take long for the real Bob to show back up lol. How long will it last this time?
Seriously, Parcells is horrible. It is his fault we are 2-7. His horrid drafts.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Seriously, Parcells is horrible. It is his fault we are 2-7. His horrid drafts.
LOL.........

Old 11-15-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today was really fun. I totally expected another Cowboys blowout, but I'm glad they played with some fire for once. Also beating one of my most hated teams is a joy to watch too. Considering how well the Giants have played this year, the win was really big. How much impact Garrett being coach has on the team is yet to be seen long term, but there were some good things that came out of this game.

I really like Bryan McCann. He's probably not going to become a Pro Bowler corner, but he's a solid dime option and kick returner. He offers good depth. He also didn't seem to lose his head when he had to play more because of injury.

Bowen looked good as well. I know he's a good rotational guy, but this is his chance to show that he can be a starter. So far so good for him. I hope he keeps up the good work.

Dez is Dez. Every game he gets closer and closer to being an elite receiver. Within the next three years he'll be one of the best, if not the best. Looking at Nicks on the other side means that there will be some serious NFC East battles for years with those two guys. Barring injury, the NFC East could have two of the top 5 receivers in the game for a long time. That's not even considering Miles, Manningham, and Smith. Get ready for more shootouts in Cowboy-Giant games.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

McCann may help in the future. Forgot about him.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game! It's cool to win again, I forgot how it feels like! We played a very good game and I like Jason Garrett's fire. Players didn't give up yesterday, the played better, way bettere. Jenkins wasn't getting abused, the O-line was solid, the whole team played a nice game against one of the hottest team in football right now.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote