Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Default La'Roi Glover... HOF?

Sorry to make ANOTHER thread, but I wanted a lot of responses to this. I ran across his name and I was wondering, does he get in?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... there are like 40000 hall of fame threads, defensive tackle threads, etc. you could have bumped to post this question in which would have all generated the same responses of "no" please stop posting like a 16 year old who remembers la'roi as a 97 rated tackle on madden in his last years with the Cowboys. He had a couple good years. Warren Sapp's career makes la'roi look like a mediocre player and some people don't even think of Sapp as a phenomenal hall of fame candidate.

Last edited by Vox Populi : 11-14-2010 at 05:05 AM. Reason: grammarrrrrr
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has a shot, seeing as how at one point in time he was the best player at his position production-wise (cause 17 sacks or not, Sapp was probably the best DT) and was selected to the 2000's All-Decade Team. But flaming out with his original team and having to play a stint in the Euro league is an unfortunate blemish, and he only had 5-6 great years.

His prime was really before my viewing time though, and everyone seems to have different standards on who's HoF worthy or not. I'd probably put him in The Hall of Very Good.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:07 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Vox, go have a drink.

Yeah, I would agree with that. He may be like a 10th ballot type of guy in a weak class.

If it really bothers people, a mod can just move this to a hall of fame thread or something, I was just curious. Thanks/sorry.

EDIT: He is a member of the 2000's all decade team, so I don't think the question of him getting in can be called a joke by any means.

Last edited by xxxxxxxx : 11-14-2010 at 02:15 AM.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
He has a shot, seeing as how at one point in time he was the best player at his position production-wise (cause 17 sacks or not, Sapp was probably the best DT) and was selected to the 2000's All-Decade Team. But flaming out with his original team and having to play a stint in the Euro league is an unfortunate blemish, and he only had 5-6 great years.

His prime was really before my viewing time though, and everyone seems to have different standards on who's HoF worthy or not. I'd probably put him in The Hall of Very Good.
I agree. I don't think he makes it, but he had a good stretch where he was a very productive player.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry, but no way in hell he ever gets in
Old 11-14-2010, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude was dominant for a few years, but fell so far into obscurity that most don't even remember he was a dominant player at one point.

Epic pass rusher. How many DT's can say they averaged 10 sacks over 5 years? How many pure DT's have even hit 17 sacks? How many have had more than 15?

He has a list of accomplishments that not many can boast about at his position, that's for sure.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:20 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glover's chances are poor at best and his name will get lost as the years go by and more worthy names are added to the list for Canton. I doubt he'll ever make the Last 15 modern era finalist list let alone get inducted.

Glover is eligible for the Class of 2014. Anytime I see a list of 1st time eligibles for Canton, Glover's name is never really mentioned.

2013 - Jon Ogden, Michael Strahan, Warren Sapp, Larry Allen, Morten Andersen, John Lynch.
2014 - Derrick Brooks, Marvin Harrison, Zach Thomas, Tony Dungy, Mike Holmgren.
2015 - Junior Seau, Kurt Warner, Walter Jones, Isaac Bruce, Orlando Pace, Torry Holt, Kevin Mawae, Edgerrin James.

Those are the 1st time eligibles and direct competition for 2013-15. And that's before we start talking about the current backlog of Dawson, Dent, Carter, Brown, Reed, Sharpe, Kennedy, Haley, Doleman and Greene who will be battling with the likes of Deion, Faulk, Roaf, Parcells, Bettis, C.Martin and Shields for places in 2011-12.

Cortez Kennedy and Warren Sapp will be the next DTs to be inducted to the HOF.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glover may be a guy who actually benefits from time as the people who've seen him play grow thinner and his stats start to stand out more as the player he was.

I think there are going to be a few guys in the current generation that this applies to but Glover has some pretty phenomenal stats that aren't going to become any less significant, especially as the NFL continues to outlaw contact with the QB which is almost certainly going to force sack numbers downward over the next few years.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryant Young was 5x better than Glover, and even his chances of making the HOF are slim.
It won't be easy for modern era DTs to make the Hall. The position doesn't get a lot of respect from voters IMO anyway.
But I'd love to have a guy like Glover in his prime on my team, as most NFL fans I believe would too.