Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:58 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rob Ryan liked better the more I think about him

Quote:
All aside from the point though....I think Rob would make a worthy head coach in this league, and Dallas would be a good fit for him.
He has the NFL pedigree, doesnt lack for stones but without the highly profiled swaggering arrogance of his brother, knows the NFL territory, knows the draft (he drafted Asomugha), & what goes with it when you work for Jerry Jones.

His track rcd. in Oakland & in Cleveland shows he can turn a demoralized losing team around.

And he's worked for Al Davis so he can handle tyrannical owners Mon. through Sat. & still win on Sunday -- that's when everybody loves you.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo deserves a more pieces around him to make another playoff run. Yes a franchise QB with a top 3 pick is enticing because you don't know how often you'll be picking that high and you'd have a guy waiting in the wings for a few years. I just think if we can get an offensive coordinator to commit to running when we need to, and try not to throw over 40+ times a game we'll be fine.

You don't need a top 5 QB in the league to win the SB, and with our weapons Romo has at least 4 more good seasons to make something happen. We just have to hope we get lucky in FA with some quality lineman, at least two.

You can keep posting clips of that blocking play but Free has been playing at a pro bowl level all season, easily. He's gonna be an elite level LT, we just have crap everywhere else. I just wish the people crying about how bad we need a lineman would pay attention to what's coming in the draft.

I would be doing backflips if there was a Michael Oher or Andre Smith type we could put at RT, but I'll be damned if we take a solid to average player with the 2nd pick in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:33 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would it be wrong of me to suggest Russ Grimm as a possible Head Coaching candidate? I know he was a Hog... But damn I'm high on him possibly becoming a head coach.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I do agree. If he had some type of fire left, Bill would've wreaked havoc with this talent.

Wade did his best Barry Switzer imitation, and failed.
lol cdcb you negged me for this? "fool" I should have chosen a better pic i guess...

what is the protocol here, should i reprape? I think the last person i negged was GRF

Anyway, I don't think Russ Grimm is a real head coaching candidate. Can't argue with the attitude but honestly is that O-line in AZ even performing that well?

Longhorns I know you're a big Romo guy but the Cowboys are in a position to get Locker or Luck right now. It's a bit of a weird situation, i know this is entirely wild wild conjecture and the organization is tied to Romo but it's worth bantering around...would passing on these guys really be a great idea?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I blame VH1's real football housewives for Leonard Davis and the rest of the cowboys terrible play.

j/k
Old 11-10-2010, 03:24 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD
Anyway, I don't think Russ Grimm is a real head coaching candidate. Can't argue with the attitude but honestly is that O-line in AZ even performing that well?
He should currently be the Pittsburgh head coach. He's done that line alright up until this year and even then... It's not like Arizona has a plethora of talent running behind it(or even passing behind it).

Also drafting a QB in place of Romo would be like the Chargers drafting QB when they had Brees... Except up until that point Brees had actually been playing at a Pro Bowl level.

I suppose you could draw parallels to the St Louis situation(and instead of waiting for three seasons of incompetence just draft a QB now and save the time) but I always thought Marc Bulger was a joke.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Jason Garrett going hard. Team in full pads.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this prove that Jason Garrett is already a better HC than Wade Phillips?

I mean... you went from being the worst team in the league to beating the arguably best team in the league.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Garrett was always supposed to be the HC. He's not a good OC, the whole reason he was brought to Dallas was to be the HC, but something - IDK wtf - happened.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think Garrett was always supposed to be the HC. He's not a good OC, the whole reason he was brought to Dallas was to be the HC, but something - IDK wtf - happened.
He had two years NFL coaching experience as the Dolphins QB coach when he was brought into Dallas. I don't think Jerry wanted to throw him to the fire with such little experience running a team.

I think Wade was supposed to be a 1 or 2 year "interim" coach while Garrett learned how to run an NFL organization. Then the Cowboys saw some success so Jerry let it continue...

I think this is what was supposed to happen but like 2 years ago.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needs to give up the play calling ASAP. He's got the head coach demeanor, that much is obvious. It's also very obvious and proven, that he's a horrible play caller.

If he keeps winning, conflictions will arise...he's a likeable guy and he's got good head coaching qualities, but the fact that he's such a ****** playcaller and unlikely to give that up...really brings him down a few pegs.

I wont over react to one win, however. Dallas def. rallied, which is a great sign...but there is still 7 games to go.

I still think it's best for everyone if Dallas would bring in an entire new coaching regime. But the chances are good that he sticks around, with Jerry running things and any real semblance of success.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-14-2010 at 10:25 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He needs to give up the play calling ASAP. He's got the head coach demeanor, that much is obvious. It's also very obvious and proven, that he's a horrible play caller.

If he keeps winning, conflictions will arise...he's a likeable guy and he's got good head coaching qualities, but the fact that he's such a ****** playcaller and unlikely to give that up...really brings him down a few pegs.

I wont over react to one win, however. Dallas def. rallied, which is a great sign...but there is still 7 games to go.
And don't forget that his favorite play to call actually worked this time around. I didn't watch much of the game as it got out of hand quickly, but screen passes are a good way to neutralize a team with a good pass rush like the Giants.

Against other teams where the screen game fails......well, we'll see what happens then.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
baghdadbob
Rookie

baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.baghdadbob is so money.

I think if Jerry was serious and things work this season with JG getting output from the team -- you see Norv Turner back in Dallas as OC and Dom Capers takes a big check to come work in Dallas.
baghdadbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this is a good game to really see what JG is all about. Let's wait until we get behind 2 TD's early in the game, and watch how fast he abandons the run, or how many times he tries to throw. It's alot easier when you jump up to an early lead to control the game.

That said we did actually try, you know, give a **** about playing this week which says we had quit on Wade soon as Romo got hurt. None the less, I don't want JG to be my Coach, but as I've said before he'll probably win 4 games, get an extension, and win us out of the top 10 picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote