Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-15-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baghdadbob View Post
I have no issue taking a CB and making him a S so long as he has ball skills and FOOTBALL BRAINS.

Prince seems the better football player and someone who can quickly make up ground in the intellectual part of the game. Peterson seems to need more time to improve technique and brains.

Good example of ATH who needs some work on the intellectual part of the game. My man #21.

But all things being considered, give me a CB with good fundamentals over an ATH so long as the athletics aren't crazy uneven.

Revis is a great example of technique over talent. Cromartie is a better ATH than Revis but who is a better CB?
I wouldn't make the assumption that Peterson lacks technique and brains.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Just because a corner is big doesn't mean he has to play safety cause he isn't fluid, it's starting to piss me off.

Prince and Peterson are both 6'1''+ and 205+, does that mean they have to be safeties? It's so stupid. It's a ******** stereotype.

But fact of the matter is, I doubt we have a shot at peterson, and prince might go before us too, anyway. This team is gonna beat the lions, (i think), and without stafford they aren't going to win another game. They probly take peterson.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Just because a corner is big doesn't mean he has to play safety cause he isn't fluid, it's starting to piss me off.

Prince and Peterson are both 6'1''+ and 205+, does that mean they have to be safeties? It's so stupid. It's a ******** stereotype.

But fact of the matter is, I doubt we have a shot at peterson, and prince might go before us too, anyway. This team is gonna beat the lions, (i think), and without stafford they aren't going to win another game. They probly take peterson.
If people start to think of Peterson as a Safety... that might actually make his stock drop. There's no guarantee that the Lions would take him anyways. I know they are looking for DEs as well and there are some very worthy choices.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Orlando Scandrick and brooking balled out yesterday. I saw on your next year roster you still have brooking? You like him D?

Scandrick has the talent, and has proved it with his rookie season and games like yesterday. Can't give up on him yet.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Orlando Scandrick and brooking balled out yesterday. I saw on your next year roster you still have brooking? You like him D?

Scandrick has the talent, and has proved it with his rookie season and games like yesterday. Can't give up on him yet.
I thought I had David Harris there....

As for Brooking... I'm tired of him to be honest.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 NFL Draft

I think we need 3 top quality players who will come in and start. I don't think we can see who sure who will not be here, but we can speculate on some names. I think we have an explosive team next year and we can complete for a playoff spot. We are not in rebuilding mode...as long as u have a solid QB you have a shot. If this year tells us anything is that we are not ready, but with a couple of players we can be solid again. Here are some thoughts:

Spears is gone............But he will not be missed-----nothing spectacular
Barbar is gone...............Choice moves up and Miller becomes 3rd RB
OL..............We don't resign all, but we don't cut all.
R. Williams (wr) i think we cut..we can't afford his salary for his states...
Oggletree....I think he moves to the slot..or he become 3wr and austin moves to the slot on 3 rd down.
TE---- we still have phhillips
LB...........I don't think brookings will find 2 year contract, but maybe one year.....it might work.
A. Ball is out..i think we have better players..i think Church and the other guy can complete for the job as well as a rookie.

I think an OL in the first two round and than another one 4 or 5. That will rebuild our OL.

I think our DL is good..we need to resign, but with Brent and Lissamore we have backup depth.

I am out..
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Roster Breakdown

QB Tony Romo
QB Jon Kitna
QB Stephen Mcgee

HB Marion Barber ( Cut) Lonyae Miller
HB Felix Jones
HB Tashard Choice

FB Chris Gronkowski

WR Miles Austin
WR Roy Williams ( not sure 50-50)
WR Dez Bryant
WR Kevin Ogletree

TE Jason Witten
TE Martellus Bennett
TE Jason Phillips

OL Doug Free
OL Kyle Kosier
OL Andre Gurode
OL Leonard Davis
OL Marc Colombo
OL Alex Barron Cut
OL Montrae Holland
OL Phil Costa
OL Sam Young
OL Robert Brewster Cut

DE Marcus Spears not resigned
DE Igor Olshansky
DE Stephen Bowen
DE Jason Hatcher

NT Jay Ratliff
NT Sean Lissemore
NT Josh Brent

OLB Demarcus Ware
OLB Anthony Spencer
OLB Victor Butler
OLB Brandon Williams

ILB Bradie James
ILB Keith Brooking
ILB Sean Lee

CB Mike Jenkins
CB Terrence Newman
CB Orlando Scandrick
CB McCain SMU
S Gerald Sensabaugh 50-50
S Alan Ball f Cut
S AOA
S Danny Mccray
S Barry Church

K David Buehler
P Mat Mcbriar
LS J.P. Ladouceur

Primary Draft for 2011

CB
Safety
OL
DT DE
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your keeping AOA? The only thing I watched him do is run into the first guy down the field on kickoffs.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Peterson will make an aggresive all around good/excellent safety. His game is simlar to Asante Samuel's. His play is centered on using his make up speed to aggressively go after the ball for a big play interception. He is not a Terrance Newman type. He does not try to blanket the receiver in order to keep the ball from being thrown at him.

Peterson's the most athletic guy we've had at LSU since I can remember. He's just freakishly athletic. He's also intelligent. That's a rarity for LSU players (I can assure you). I met him this year at an Alumni function and wasn't immediately struck with 'wow this guy is dumb' as I have been in the past with some players.

What will make Peterson successfull in the NFL is A) a defense that plays mostly zone to force the throws in front of him so that he can sit on routes and jump plays and B) a coach that can show Peterson that his physical ability to close on balls in the NFL will require him to 'bait' less that he does in college.

Peterson isn't champ bailey, but he will be asante samuel (only bigger).

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome to see you around LSU you should post more often.

That said I don't know if I really like the Asante comparison. I understand what you are saying from a technical standpoint but Samuel isn't only small he is soft. So from intangibles standpoint I see it but besides sitting on routes and a zone/off corner I don't see it. When I watch him play he absolutely reminds me of Troy Palumalu. Not so much from how he has played at LSU or anything...but just that when he has the freedom to roam and bait he makes plays and he is just on another level than most players. I think you let him run around and make plays. You put him at corner I just don't think he is going to shut his side of the field down. He is too much of a gamer for that. Actually think he has some similarities to Jenkins as far as playing corner...both tend to bait and jump short routes based off the DE/OLB in their respected schemes. The difference between those two once again is Peterson isn't soft and has a bigger build. I just can't think of any reason why Peterson wouldn't be an elite player at safety on our team. He has everything I'm looking for in a safety prospect except experience. But players like him just make plays...they are just born with that "it" factor.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see what you are saying. I would imagine he would play more like Ed Reed than Polumalu if he were to play safety. Not that either would be bad. My only concern is that he's never played safety before so why anticpate the move when you can project him as an upper level #1 CB in the league. He will not be a lock down corner, and if anyone wants that he's not your guy. He is a play making corner and probably the #1 return guy in this draft. I know his agent is going to want CB money and not Safety money in his career.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Resign:
Doug Free - We should've extended him last season. Now bringing him back will cost a fortune. A big pity.
Stephen Bowen - Should be able to sign him for an acceptable deal.
Bryan McCann - Depth player with some upside.
Leon Williams - I'd like to hold onto him unless we clearly upgrade the position.
Sam Hurd - Bring tha brotha back.
Gerald Sensabaugh - As long as it's cheap.

Extend:
Tashard Choice - Do it now before he explodes and becomes an expensive contract.

Restructure:
Marion Barber
Terence Newman
Roy Williams

If they don't, then cut them.

Release:
Leonard Davis
Alan Ball
Marcus Spears
Kyle Kosier
Jason Hatcher
Alex Barron
Chris Greisen
Jesse Holley
Keith Brooking
Marc Colombo
Chris Gronkowski

FA:

LG Justin Blalock - UFA. Jerry has a knack for attracting native Texans back to Dallas. I would put this up as the #1 FA target for us. At 27 years old, we should lock him up to a nice long deal. This is a guy I loved in the draft and have always regretting not being able to get him. So I do have a bias here. ;)

ILB D'Qwell Jackson - UFA. Might fly under the radar after missing the entire season in 2010 with injury. But Rob Ryan could bring him here knowing that when healthy, Jackson makes a lot of plays and knows his defense.

FS Michael Huff - UFA. Didn't make the impact many expected out of him when he first came to the NFL, but each year he's gotten better and better and last season was his best yet. Time to bring the Longhorns alum back to Texas.

LT Jared Gaither - There are mixed opinions on Gaither because of his spinal injury and questionable work ethic, but imo that only increases our odds of getting him at the right price. At 6'9", 330 pounds he is a load to handle and the Ravens OL was considerably worse without him in 2010. If we do this right and give him time to get his body right, we could have a repeat of the Marc Colombo success story.

K Matt Bryant - Drilled 28-of-31 field goals in 2010. He was 9-of-11 from beyond 40. 36 years old, but hey, he's a kicker.

Personnel Changes:
Make Tashard Choice the starting RB.
Make Felix Jones the change of pace back and full time Kick Returner.
Move Andre Gurode to RG.
Move Jay Ratliff to DE at the very least, part-time.
Make Sean Lee a starter.
Let Victor Butler have a legit shot at overtaking Anthony Spencer.

Draft:
1. CB Prince Amukamara - Going with him because he's the most realistic get at this point. I expect Dareus, PP and Von Miller to be gone by #9.

2. C Stephen Wisneiwski - Prime spot to land our next coming of Mark Stepnoski.

3. DB Ras-I Dowling - Rob Ryan loves to call DB Blitzes. Dowling is a very physical DB who would be a weapon in this defense.

3/4. NT Kenrick Ellis - Need to trade up for him at this point. We have 2 5th rounders to help.

5. WR Greg Salas - Fights hard for every yard and will come up clutch.

5. Use for Ellis trade up. 4th and 5th for a late 3rd/early 4th.

6. FB Henry Hynoski - Hynoski is a throwback bruising FB with deceptive athleticism. Gronkowski missed blocks on Romo's collar bone injury and Dez's ankle injury.

QB Tony Romo - Jon Kitna - Stephen Mcgee

RB Tashard Choice - Felix Jones - Marion Barber
FB Henry Hynoski

WR Miles Austin - Dez Bryant - Roy Williams - Sam Hurd - Kevin Ogletree - Greg Salas

TE Jason Witten - Martellus Bennett - Jason Phillips

LT Jared Gaither
LG Justin Blalock
OC Stephen Wisneiwski
RG Andre Gurode
RT Doug Free

OG Montrae Holland
OG Robert Brewster
OT Sam Young

DE Igor Olshansky - Stephen Bowen - Sean Lissemore - Clifton Geathers
DE/NT Jay Ratliff
NT Kenrick Ellis - Josh Brent

OLB Demarcus Ware - Brandon Williams
OLB Victor Butler - Anthony Spencer

ILB Bradie James - D'Qwell Jackson
ILB Sean Lee - Leon Williams

CB Mike Jenkins - Bryan McCann
CB Prince Amukamara - Orlando Scandrick
NB Terrence Newman

FS Michael Huff - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
SS Gerald Sensabaugh - Ras-I Dowling - Danny McCray

K Matt Bryant - David Buehler
P Mat McBriar
LS J.P. Ladouceur
Old 02-07-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow D that's pretty damn good, in fact I love it. Few things:

- Why do you say we should have re-signed Free the year before? I think we all wanted to know what he had at LT. I guess we could have moved him back if he failed, but I don't think the price is that much of a difference, and it would have been risky without seeing him on the left.

- Blalock is a great option. He started off great for ATL, then faded some, but he can play, is an upgrade at G, should come cheap and you hit it on the head with Jerry loving to bring back hometown guys. He's right out of Plano and loves Dallas, I think it makes alot of sense. You can't get really excited like he's a future stud at Guard or anything, but he's probably better then both of our starters and has alot of potential to get better still with a new scheme/team.

- I want the same guys to re-sign, but cutting Newman? Then we still only have 3 DB's and a big problem if one gets hurt since Ras would be a FS. Newman might be over paid but I'd let him make it if we cut Barber and Roy. We may need Newman still even though he gets burned way too much for me.

- Only way Gaither comes here is if he plays LT. That was his problem in Baltimore, since he has his own pick, and will definately get LT consideration, we won't be in play unless we opt to do so and move Free again. I don't know how I'd feel about that just yet, but I wouldn't hate any move that helps keep Romo upright.

- All your personnel changes need to happen for damn sure.

- Draft looks great, Prince is my most realistic option to but I think trading up or down is very likely. Love Ras as a FS prospect, but don't know if we want to wait until the 3rd to draft what we'd need to be a starter. It's risky.

- I also think we'd only look into a few of those FA options. I love me some D'Qwell but his injury needs to check out, and he would rarely play here right away which questions if we would get him over a team who might want to start him. Bradie probably has 2 more years, I think it's easy to groom a guy for that time behind him while letting Lee start now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

He didn't cut Newman..
Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd cut him if he didn't restructure though
Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If Newman doesn't restructure, then there's no way I pay him $9M next season. Rather chase a FA CB. Even Champ Bailey wouldn't command that on the open market and I'd take him over T-New. ...and there are a bunch of other FA CBs that pike my interest... Nnamdi? How much more would he cost? $11M? Bottom line is that $9M for Newman is too much.

If we brought him back at that cost, it would not be a good way to use our cap imo.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If Newman doesn't restructure, then there's no way I pay him $9M next season. Rather chase a FA CB. Even Champ Bailey wouldn't command that on the open market and I'd take him over T-New. ...and there are a bunch of other FA CBs that pike my interest... Nnamdi? How much more would he cost? $11M? Bottom line is that $9M for Newman is too much.

If we brought him back at that cost, it would not be a good way to use our cap imo.
You know that Newman isn't even one of the top 30 paid CB's right?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You know that Newman isn't even one of the top 30 paid CB's right?
That wouldn't be my guess, but I would be interested to see your source. Let's see if you can back your words up...
Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quickly put together after the combine.

Cuts/Released:

Barber
Davis
Spears
Sensabaugh
Hurd

Free Agency:

Tanard Jackson
Justin Blalock
Nnamdi Asomugha

Draft:
1. J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin- The 3-4 End Prototype

2. Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisonsin- Only showing ability to play RT caused him to fall out of round 1

3. Quinton Carter, SS, Oklahoma- Physical, smart player who is better suited to play around the box instead of FS like he played at OU.

4. Kris O'Dowd, C, USC- Groom to be the eventual successor at C.

5. Ronald Johnson, WR, USC- Hurd walking leaves us thin after our starting 3. RJ will be able to push RW for playing time.

6. Josh Bynes, ILB, Auburn- Intensity and will give us solid depth in the middle.

7. Alex Green, RB, Hawai'i- Tons of experience in a pass first offense, more polished as a pass blocker and catching the football than most rookies.

QB: Romo, Kitna
RB: Felix, Choice, Green
FB:Gronkowski

WR: Dez, Miles, Roy
TE: Witten

Depth: Bennett, R. Johnson, Phillips, Ogletree

LT: Free
LG: Kosier
C: Gurode
RG: Blalock
RT: Carimi

Depth:
O'Dowd, Holland, Young, Colombo

LE: Watt
RE: Bowen/Igor- TC Battle
NT: Ratliff

Depth: Hatcher, Brent, Lissemore

OLB: Ware
ILB: Lee
ILB: Bradie
OLB: Spencer

Depth: Butler, L. Williams, B. Williams, Bynes

CB: Nnamdi
CB: Jenkins
Nickel: Newman(Doing the restructure or cut 'em option w/ Newman)

FS: Jackson
SS: Carter

Depth: Scandrick, AOA, Ball, Church, McCann

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-02-2011 at 10:48 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Quickly put together after the combine.

Cuts/Released:

Barber
Davis
Spears
Sensabaugh
Hurd

Free Agency:

Tanard Jackson
Justin Blalock
Nnamdi Asomugha

Draft:
1. J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin- The 3-4 End Prototype

2. Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisonsin- Only showing ability to play RT caused him to fall out of round 1

3. Quinton Carter, SS, Oklahoma- Physical, smart player who is better suited to play around the box instead of FS like he played at OU.

4. Kris O'Dowd, C, USC- Groom to be the eventual successor at C.

5. Ronald Johnson, WR, USC- Hurd walking leaves us thin after our starting 3. RJ will be able to push RW for playing time.

6. Josh Bynes, ILB, Auburn- Intensity and will give us solid depth in the middle.

7. Alex Green, RB, Hawai'i- Tons of experience in a pass first offense, more polished as a pass blocker and catching the football than most rookies.

QB: Romo, Kitna
RB: Felix, Choice, Green
FB:Gronkowski

WR: Dez, Miles, Roy
TE: Witten

Depth: Bennett, R. Johnson, Phillips, Ogletree

LT: Free
LG: Kosier
C: Gurode
RG: Blalock
RT: Carimi

Depth:
O'Dowd, Holland, Young, Colombo

LE: Watt
RE: Bowen
NT: Ratliff

Depth: Hatcher, Brent, Lissemore

OLB: Ware
ILB: Lee
ILB: Bradie
OLB: Spencer

Depth: Butler, L. Williams, B. Williams, Bynes

CB: Nnamdi
CB: Jenkins
Nickel: Newman(Doing the restructure or cut 'em option w/ Newman)

FS: Jackson
SS: Carter

Depth: Scandrick, AOA, Ball, Church, McCann
Where is Igor?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Where is Igor?
Wow, I just left him out.

Fixing now..
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

OK, I wanted to do this now that the draft is over.

Resign:
Doug Free - Top Priority.
Stephen Bowen - Ready to break out.
Bryan McCann - Flashed potential. Need to see how this unfolds.
Gerald Sensabaugh - We could do worse. Worth bringing him back affordably.
Keith Brooking - Jerry said he's coming back emphatically.
Sam Hurd - Special teams captain doesn't let lack of playing time hurt the team, even though you know he wants to play more.

Extend:
Tashard Choice - It's Choice's time to shine.

Release:
Terence Newman - Quiet leader in obvious decline simply makes too much.
Roy Williams - Too much drama for a guy who failed to become a star.
Marion Barber - :( I'm sad, but the time has come to depart ways.
Leonard Davis - Bigg stands for Bigg $10M contract off the books.
Kyle Kosier - If we can get Justin Blalock, he's gone.
Alan Ball - Trying to move him back to corner won't help either.
Marcus Spears - Good run stuffer could never produce pressure.
Jason Hatcher - Never realized potential.
Alex Barron - Get out.
Marc Colombo - Cut not for a weak mentality, but rather for a weak game.
Chris Gronkowski - Can be blamed for both Romo and Dez's injuries.
Leon Williams - Wade pickup is not a fit, and he didn't do anything last year.
Kevin Ogletree - Dwayne Harris in, Kevin Ogletree out.
Manny Johnson - Time to turn your gear in to the lockerroom manager.
David Buehler - The change in where the kickoff line is, makes Buehler useless.
Lonyae Miller - UDFA is not very kind to RBs.
Phil Costa - Never was part of the permanent picture.
Barry Church - Adding Huff, squeezes him out.
Sam Young - New incomer, Jeremy Parnell fits the athletic mold more than Sam... who is a pickup from the Wade Phillips era.

FA:

CB Nnamdi Asomugha - UFA. Obviously every team in the NFL would love him, but the $11M saved on Newman's contract can directly be applied here. We can afford to make him the highest paid corner in the league. Especially if we cut the likes of Roy, Davis, Colombo, Barber and Newman.

LG Justin Blalock - UFA. Jerry has a knack for attracting native Texans back to Dallas. At 27 years old, we should lock him up to a nice long deal. This is a guy I loved in the draft and have always regretting not being able to get him. Harvey Dahl is Atlanta's other FA Guard who was thier best OL. I expect ATL to resign him, but their budget might be too tough to resign both. Plus, they have to sign OT Tyson Clabo. I think the writing is on the wall since they drafted OG Andrew Jackson in the draft. Blalock is a LG though, so this leaves Kosier looking for a new home.

DE Shaun Ellis - UFA. With the Jets having drafted Muhammad Wilkerson and Kenrick Ellis, Shaun Ellis' days as a Jet are probably over. Ellis should find comfort going from Rex to Rob and would fill a hole for us up front where we could infuse some quality veteran talent. He's 34 years old, so his deal should not be expensive or long. Look for us to go DL early in the draft next year.

ILB Brandon Siler - I've always admired Siler from afar. He's a FA now and I think adding him would be a nice depth signing. Brooking and James are old, while Carter and Lee are injury risks. He shouldn't be expensive and shouldn't get in the way of the youngsters emerging their way to the top.

FS Michael Huff - UFA. Didn't make the impact many expected out of him when he first came to the NFL, but each year he's gotten better and better and last season was his best yet. Time to bring the Longhorns alum back to Texas.

K Matt Bryant - Drilled 28-of-31 field goals in 2010. He was 9-of-11 from beyond 40. 36 years old, but hey, he's a kicker. David Akers is also an option, but his 2 missed FGs in the playoffs cost the Eagles the game.

WR

Draft:
1. OT Tyron Smith
2. ILB Bruce Carter
3. RB Demarco Murray
4. OG David Arkin
5. CB Josh Thomas
6. WR Dwyane Harris
7. FB Shaun Chapas
7. C Bill Nagy

Supplemental Draft:
CB Jenoris Jenkins, 2nd Rounder - Nobody is giving up a 1st for him, but a 2nd round pick is a steal for us.

Personnel Changes:
- Make Tashard Choice the starting RB, but split carries between all of our backs based off the hot hand... Garrett has to have a good feel as a HC. Felix hasn't ever shown consistently that he is capable of starting the game hot. Whereas, he has shown that he can come in off the bench and make an immediate impact. Keep doing that.. then bring in Murray as the 3rd down back. I also expect to see some formations with 2 RBs in at the same time.

- Felix Jones and Demarco Murray should split KO return duties to reduce chance of injury.

- Make Sean Lee a starter by midseason. This cannot be understated. Brooking is going to continue to show signs of slowing down. We cannot let him play just because he's a veteran leader.

- Let Victor Butler have a legit shot at overtaking Anthony Spencer.

Depth Chart:

OFFENSE

QB Tony Romo - Jon Kitna - Stephen Mcgee

RB Tashard Choice - Felix Jones - DeMarco Murray
FB Shaun Chapas

WR Miles Austin - Dez Bryant - Jesse Holley - Teddy Williams
Slot Dwayne Harris - Sam Hurd

TE Jason Witten - Jason Phillips - Martellus Bennett

LT Doug Free - Jermey Parnell
LG Justin Blalock - Robert Brewster
OC Andre Gurode - Bill Nagy
RG Montrae Holland - David Arkin