Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-15-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah those are phones? I was expecting something cool. Like, say, droids.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Ah those are phones? I was expecting something cool. Like, say, droids.
These arent the droids you're looking for.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i love how they try to get you to pay (every service) an extra $30 for 'corporate e-mail', but then let you use it anyways on the cheap data plan. suckers.
cell providers are scammers. if you know your ****, you'll be fine.

for example, I have the minimum number of minutes/texts they can force me to get, and instead of texting, the three people I even bother to text all have android phones so we use Google Chat (appears as Talk on android) instead of texts and because it's data it sends instantly unlike a text.

if I really wanted to, we could all get skype accounts and use skype mobile and never need minutes or texts to contact one another.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should be getting one this saturday or sunday.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it. Its not bulky at all. The screen is great, the apps are great, skype, email, texting and the voice options, the gps is great, i love the swype keyboard, i'll never go back to a regular keyboard again, and even if you hate swype, they have the regular touch pad as well.

This phone paid for itself. I sold my garmin, sold my old phone, and that pretty much covered the cost of this phone.

The only issue is the battery life. But that's expected though. Also, does anyone else notice the phone gets hot sometimes?
Old 07-17-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The only issue is the battery life. But that's expected though. Also, does anyone else notice the phone gets hot sometimes?
trouble with battery? download advanced task killer. it's ESSENTIAL.

it gets hot because you're programs run even when you are done with them, hence why you need above mentioned app.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I"m thinking about getting it. But is there anyway around that data plan or can I get the 10 dollar one for this phone?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I replaced my Droid Eris with an Incredible today. It's ******* unreal. I thought I had it made before.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had the Incredible for about 3 weeks now, switched over from the iphone. Loving this phone, pretty much the only down side is the battery life, but i got a car charger, so that pretty much solves that issue. Also the verizon service is a lot better then at&t
Old 11-15-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we should make an android thread. Like discussing which apps we should get and what not.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I've had the Incredible for about 3 weeks now, switched over from the iphone. Loving this phone, pretty much the only down side is the battery life, but i got a car charger, so that pretty much solves that issue. Also the verizon service is a lot better then at&t
well, I turned off the vibrations for when I press buttons, I use task killer every time I have my phone out, and I turn the brightness down pretty low; I'm just surprised how fast it can eat up battery compared to the Eris.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
we should make an android thread. Like discussing which apps we should get and what not.
Seconded. I've had the X for about a month and it's tits. But other than some games, I haven't really had time to look at/download anything.

I do have Advanced Task Killer, which is the bees knees. It is a must for any droid user.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
well, I turned off the vibrations for when I press buttons, I use task killer every time I have my phone out, and I turn the brightness down pretty low; I'm just surprised how fast it can eat up battery compared to the Eris.
Yea, I haven't had a ton of problems with battery life yet. Then again, I only use it right now to make a couple calls during the day, texts, sometimes email/gchat, and occassional internet browsing. When I play games, it's not really any worse than normal phones. But I've used the FM tuner and streamed things online and it goes from like 90% to 10% in like an hour.

Another thing everyone should make sure they do is turn off their GPS and wifi and only turn them on when you're going to use them. Those 2 things eat so much battery because they check for signals every like 5 seconds.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
how do you turn off the vibrations, brochops?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Nexus S (a to-be-released phone) weren't tied to T-Mobile, I would suggest waiting a few weeks.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
how do you turn off the vibrations, brochops?
from home:

menu key > settings > language and keyboard > touch input