Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
BTW, this story is fishy. I'm thinking the Dad made something up after the wife confronted him about his son's ankle.
This. Dude accidentally knocked his kid over celebrating the win. "Hey, buddy, why don't we just tell mommy that a Brown's fan tackled you.. like you were playing football, too! That'd be neat, huh?"

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You stay classy Cleveland.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
This. Dude accidentally knocked his kid over celebrating the win. "Hey, buddy, why don't we just tell mommy that a Brown's fan tackled you.. like you were playing football, too! That'd be neat, huh?"
Yep. No witnesses. No police. No confrontation with the jackass that tackled the kid.

Also, the wife comes across like a screaming harpy. This adds up to made up story.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I could also see this happening. I can remember several times where I've told my son, "we'll just tell mommy...."

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His son was just attacked by a drunk fan and you're calling ******** because he didn't stay there and kick the guys ass? Maybe he was more concerned with getting his son out safely?

I absolutely believe that this happened the way it was reported, 100%. I've met some Browns fans and this sounds par for the course.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
His son was just attacked by a drunk fan and you're calling ******** because he didn't stay there and kick the guys ass? Maybe he was more concerned with getting his son out safely?
What Vidae said. It's also amazing how people in this thread have turned and twisted the story around and are now blaming the father. Come on guys.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I absolutely believe that this happened the way it was reported, 100%. I've met some Browns fans and this sounds par for the course.
No police reports. No witnesses. They called the paper. They just turned down a trip to see the Jets, paid for by the Jets.

A scraped up ankle is the only evidence of anything.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This. I would have done the exact same thing if it was my son. His safety is the number 1 priority and getting him out of there is by far the best decision he could possibly have made. My g/f on the other hand...she probably would have tried to kill the guy...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are Browns fans???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
What Vidae said. It's also amazing how people in this thread have turned and twisted the story around and are now blaming the father. Come on guys.
The burden of proof is on the accuser.

A little kid has a minorly scraped ankle. That's it. It could have happened. It could not have happened.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The Browns have just as many a**hole fans as any other team I'm sure, but to say it's "par for the course" implies that we are all (or on average) a**holes. I take offense to that. Don't implicate me or my friends just because one guy is a moron.

Last edited by fear the elf : 11-17-2010 at 03:06 PM.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
It's just really hard fathoming that in a crowd after a football game an 8 year old kid is going to get tackled and no one is going to do anything. No one saw the kid get tackled? The dad didn't call the police or even stadium security after a dude assaulted his kid?
And then they turned down the free invite to a Jets game? Who would turn down a free, once-in-a-lifetime trip to your team's game courtesy of the owner? I don't care why they offered it, why turn it down?
Maybe a dude tackled this kid and no one did anything and they refused to get treated by their fav. team's owner to a ultra-foofy suite at their team's game. Just seems questionable.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 11-17-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's just really hard fathoming that in a crowd after a football game an 8 year old kid is going to get tackled and no one is going to do anything. No one saw the kid get tackled? The dad didn't call the police or even stadium security after a dude assaulted his kid?
And then they turned down the free invite to a Jets game? Who would turn down a free, once-in-a-lifetime trip to your team's game courtesy of the owner? I don't care why they offered it, why turn it down?
Maybe a dude tackled this kid and no one did anything and they refused to get treated by their fav. team's owner to a ultra-foofy suite at their team's game. Just seems questionable.
Bingo. Internet high five.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL games are full of jersey wearing mouth-breathers, you should expect the worst, especially in places like Cleveland, Oakland, Philadelphia, etc.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
NFL games are full of jersey wearing mouth-breathers, you should expect the worst, especially in places like Cleveland, Oakland, Philadelphia, etc.
Exactly. I was trying to be polite and said "lowest common denominator" types. But I really meant what you said.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You stay classy Cleveland.
Pretty much my thought when you put the alleged actions of one on the entire fan base.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
There are Browns fans???
That would be a good post if we didn't practically sell out every single game with the ****** franchise we have had for the past decade.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Unfortunately, every fan base has morons like this that think tackling an 8 year old or something along those lines somehow means their team wins the game.
Wrong. I grew up in Northern Ohio, have lived in many cities, and have been to many other NFL games. Browns fans might not be the worst, but they're up there.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I thought we had something special. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Says Michigan.....
Says everyone. You know it's bad when I'd rather live in Jersey than Ohio.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Wrong. I grew up in Northern Ohio, have lived in many cities, and have been to many other NFL games. Browns fans might not be the worst, but they're up there.
It's weird because I have had season tickets for the past 8 years or so and I've never seen anything besides people chanting ass hole or something towards someone in the dawg pound with an opposing jersey on. Obviously I can't be everywhere in the stadium at once but literally the only fight I've seen was between browns fans.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I thought we had something special. :(

That's just stupid talk. Jersey is an armpit. At least you have Christie trying to clean things up.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
It's weird because I have had season tickets for the past 8 years or so and I've never seen anything besides people chanting ass hole or something towards someone in the dawg pound with an opposing jersey on. Obviously I can't be everywhere in the stadium at once but literally the only fight I've seen was between browns fans.
I've worn my Bears jersey to a few games and the worst I got was trash thrown at me. But, I'm a grown man, and Browns fans usually have mutual respect for Bears fans.

I've never seen more people collectively drunk than at Browns games. People get drunk everywhere, obviously, but I've seen more people passing out and puking at Browns games alone than all of my other sports experiences combined.

I also have some Cincinnati friends who were physically attacked for just wearing Bengals jerseys. It's a small sample, but you hear a lot more things like that, and there are a lot of cities where stuff like that simply wouldn't fly. Browns fans generally seem to encourage it as it bolsters their imagine (see also: Oakland, Philly)

I would also say that it's obviously not most Browns fans, and it's certainly not most of Cleveland. I love the city itself.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Yes, everyone is dying to live in scenic Newark, Trenton and East Rutherford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24
Unfortunately, every fan base has morons like this that think tackling an 8 year old or something along those lines somehow means their team wins the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
So, for clarification, which part of my statement is the wrong part?
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Because there are certain fan bases that simply aren't like that. I live in Minnesota now (when I'm not in Spain anyway) and the insults people yell are hilarious. When I wear my Bears jersey people usually compliment me on what a nice city Chicago is.

The Cleveland Browns fans pride themselves on being "blue-collar" and roudy. Most simply leave it at that, or leave it at getting drunk and acting slightly annoying, but there's definitely a large element that is a lot more aggressive about it, and that's simply not something that you can say every fan-base has. I've been to a lot of sporting events, I've never seen fans act like they do at Browns stadium.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kid needs to get over it.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote