Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-03-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Until Beckum and Barden actually do something, I'll remain skeptical. Now can both develop in the future? Sure. But to assume that its going to happen just bc is something I'm not in agreement with.
*shrug* I thought Beckum's looked good this year and have been a big fan of Barden's since his college days and he's looked solid the few times he's hit the field and wasn't practicing his volleyball technique.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just a thought, instead of a nickleback, why not draft a safety since the late 1st round talent isnt too great and have Antrel play the slot?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want to take away from the strength of the team. Rolle has proved he's a better S than CB anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I wouldn't want to take away from the strength of the team. Rolle has proved he's a better S than CB anyway.
yeah but have you seen what he's done as a NB (on cardinals), hes a legitimate threat.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-08-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
just a thought, instead of a nickleback, why not draft a safety since the late 1st round talent isnt too great and have Antrel play the slot?
Because there's more more depth at CB than S in this draft and Rolle's a better Safety than Nickle.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think with Koets tearing his ACL, Center has easily become our #1 need as of right now with the draft.

Maybe we convert Petrus, but I'm not expecting it, so in all likelihood, we will be eyeing centers in the draft.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think with Koets tearing his ACL, Center has easily become our #1 need as of right now with the draft.

Maybe we convert Petrus, but I'm not expecting it, so in all likelihood, we will be eyeing centers in the draft.
We'll be scouting them together brother. How early do you think you will address it? For Dallas... 2nd round is the earliest, and Jerry has drafted 2 Centers in Round 2 before... Gurode and Al Johnson.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I would really like to see us make a trade down this year. This draft is deep at CB and DT which are our biggest secondary needs while we can find a spot to snag Wisniewski, O'Dowd or Rodney Hudson to fill our hole at C.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Except that, you know, I don't think that Jerry Reese signed Rolle to a five-year, $37 million contract (making him the highest paid safety in the NFL) just to play the nickel.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We'll be scouting them together brother. How early do you think you will address it? For Dallas... 2nd round is the earliest, and Jerry has drafted 2 Centers in Round 2 before... Gurode and Al Johnson.
As of right now, I'd assume its a first round need for us.

RT, CB, DT are also needs, but I think C is clearly the biggest need for us right now.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Except that, you know, I don't think that Jerry Reese signed Rolle to a five-year, $37 million contract (making him the highest paid safety in the NFL) just to play the nickel.
He wouldn't just play the nickel. He'd just move to the nickel and we'd bring on another safety to take his spot when we go 5 DBs. It's a reasonable thought and I actually think that was kind of the best case scenario thinking when we drafted Chad Jones. If he worked out and Kenny stayed healthy instead of spending money on a replacement for Ross the team was hoping they'd be able to just use Rolle there when we bring on Jones to go 5 DBs. We already use 3 Safety packages and it would just mean shifting Rolle's role some.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As of right now, I'd assume its a first round need for us.

RT, CB, DT are also needs, but I think C is clearly the biggest need for us right now.
Well, if I'm not mistaken.... doesn't your gm just take BPA irregardless of need? I could even see you taking Mark Ingram.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, if I'm not mistaken.... doesn't your gm just take BPA irregardless of need? I could even see you taking Mark Ingram.
Not in the first round. He usually goes for need. The real exception was last year with taking JPP. The past years we needed a CB he grabbed Ross, needed a safety he got Phillips, needed a WR and he went Nicks.

This year we could certainly go BPA depending where we pick since we're a more complete team then in years past.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

what do you guys think of Allen Bailey, Bruce Carter, Shareece Wright, Charles Brown (NC), and Graig Cooper?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Not in the first round. He usually goes for need. The real exception was last year with taking JPP. The past years we needed a CB he grabbed Ross, needed a safety he got Phillips, needed a WR and he went Nicks.

This year we could certainly go BPA depending where we pick since we're a more complete team then in years past.
Well if C is your #1 need and you go for that in Round 1, I think you'll be making a terrible reach.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
what do you guys think of Allen Bailey, Bruce Carter, Shareece Wright, Charles Brown (NC), and Graig Cooper?
I know I don't want you guys to have Bailey. That's for sure.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes he does.. And if it happens to fit a need then the merrier. But Reese and especially Marc Ross, set the board for talent first. So if that's WR, DE, or any position that pops up, and we are on the clock, then we will draft them.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well if C is your #1 need and you go for that in Round 1, I think you'll be making a terrible reach.
Probably, unless we somehow end up picking really late. Still, I'm more interested in taking a center int he second round and go BPA in the first, which I think we'll do.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would not be a suprise at all if we went DE yet again in the 1st.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It would not be a suprise at all if we went DE yet again in the 1st.
I wouldn't either, but I'd like to go another position for once. An explosive offensive player would make me happy.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Yes he does.. And if it happens to fit a need then the merrier. But Reese and especially Marc Ross, set the board for talent first. So if that's WR, DE, or any position that pops up, and we are on the clock, then we will draft them.
Not always.

Don't believe everything the team tells the public. I have no doubt they make a board, but I highly doubt they follow it to a T no matter what.

Recent evidence of us landing players in our #1 need position in 3 out of the last 4 drafts suggests otherwise.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

DE wouldn't surprise me. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if we went CB.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Not always.

Don't believe everything the team tells the public. I have no doubt they make a board, but I highly doubt they follow it to a T no matter what.

Recent evidence of us landing players in our #1 need position in 3 out of the last 4 drafts suggests otherwise.
Well they have to go around the room and talk it out. I think they also talk about players on the board in the same clump or bracket of talent. From there they go. It's not like this:

1. CB
2. WR
3. DT

And so we are on the clock so best available is a CB, so that's our pick. I doubt it's like that. It's more like a tier system from my guess..

So once they narrow down the tier or bunch of players that fall into that section, they talk it out and go around the room.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Well they have to go around the room and talk it out. I think they also talk about players on the board in the same clump or bracket of talent. From there they go. It's not like this:

1. CB
2. WR
3. DT

And so we are on the clock so best available is a CB, so that's our pick. I doubt it's like that. It's more like a tier system from my guess..

So once they narrow down the tier or bunch of players that fall into that section, they talk it out and go around the room.
That's how I believe it to be as well. I don't think its a strict BPA policy, I think they go this route.

That's what I prefer as well. If none of the players at your need positions match up grade wise in the same tier as the BPA, you gotta go BPA.

And that's pretty much what we do. If we have a need player who is graded out in the same tier as the BPA, we generally go for that need player. It's an effective method and one I prefer.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Have you guys started listing your own big board's yet for players you like for your own team in Round 1?