Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i just think hes the unquestioned best dlineman in the game right now no matter where he lines up....not the mention the ravens seem to play alot of 43 and move him all over. ngata and suh are two of my favorite dline players ever, glad to see them both crushing the world
I agree, and think that makes him the best 3-4 DE/5 tech in the game. His versatility also puts him in the conversation as the best 3-4 NT, 4-3 DE, UT, NT, the man is so athletic he could play at the second level, and probably decapitate Desean Jackson coming across the middle at the third level... I was glad to see Suh not crush Buffalo, but also have been glad to see him living up to the expectations.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
I meant in his youthful days...Position was made for guys like him tbh...The pure size, length, and athleticism is what the position takes advantage of, and it's why guys like Seymour and Smith have been so successful...Nowadays he's not much of a mover or shaker but back even 6-7 years ago he and Henderson were the Williams Brothers of the day.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot about Warren. He's at the top of the 2nd tier.
Whew... I hear you about him and Henderson, as well as the attribute correlation, right on, thanks for the clarity!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ngata is head and shoulders above anyone else in the league right now when it comes to 5 tech play. In fact, he might be the most dominant defensive lineman regardless of scheme. He's been near unstoppable this season.

Justin Smith, Aaron Smith, Richard Seymour, Randy Starks, and Darnell Dockett would round out the elite group I'd imagine..
Well said about Ngata, I agree. I dont think I would put Starks on the list yet, and would put Cullen Jenkins in his place on that list right now from what I have seen, reminds me of J. Smith's tenacity, and Dockett's athleticism...
Old 11-17-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Chris Canty was really good there. We play him at DT but he has the perfect body for a 3-4 DE. Tall, big, long arms.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett kneisel getting underrated!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was to rate them who purely play in a 34 it would be

1. Ron Brace
2. Brandon Deaderick
3. Gerard Warren
4. Mike Wright
5. Myron Pryor
6. Vince Wilfork
7. Ty Warren
8. Haloti Ngata
9. Aaron Smith
10. Darnell Docket

But really the top 7 is interchangeable

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
For all the talk about the Steelers' guys being underrated it feels like absolutely no one has any clue how good Darnell Dockett is. Guy's been the most underrated DL in the game going on 3 years now...Even during the SB run he seemed to fly under the radar despite how beast he was down the stretch.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
For all the talk about the Steelers' guys being underrated it feels like absolutely no one has any clue how good Darnell Dockett is. Guy's been the most underrated DL in the game going on 3 years now...Even during the SB run he seemed to fly under the radar despite how beast he was down the stretch.
I dont see how he's underrated, I'm pretty sure everyone here has put him in or just outside their Top 5. Thats pretty good recognition if you ask me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I dont see how he's underrated, I'm pretty sure everyone here has put him in or just outside their Top 5. Thats pretty good recognition if you ask me.
Meh maybe I expected more...I possibly have this idea ingrained into me because some seemed insulted that I made a Dockett comparison for Suh.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
He's so underrated that his name is misspelled :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Now look at this list of prospective 3-4 DEs.

Marcel Dareus
Adrian Clayborn
Nick Fairley
Cameron Jordan
Allen Bailey
Cameron Heyward
Stephen Paea
Christian Ballard
Jared Crick
Muhammad Wilkerson
Marvin Austin
Jarvis Jenkins

How big of a shift do you think we'll see in that original list of 10?
Definitely alot of potential studs there. The unfortunate thing is that the translation to this position is so very difficult to project. And even in those who are expected to excel it tends to take a couple of years at least.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I think Mario Williams could become the best, if he had someone on the other side to help him out.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I think Mario Williams could become the best, if he had someone on the other side to help him out.
The Texans run a 4-3 defense...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey would fit better but this is not where someone would fit better thread. Dorsey is playing like a top 5-7 3-4 DE this year.

People have the top DE's pretty much covered and their are some very solid prospects coming through.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote