Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Green's contract delays trade to Dolphins

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphin...svc=7&cxcat=46

A new contract for Trent Green is holding up a possible deal that would send the former Pro Bowl quarterback from Kansas City to the Miami Dolphins, sources said Wednesday.

The Dolphins, like the Chiefs, want Green to take a major pay cut from the $7.2, $7.7 and $9.2 million the 36-year-old veteran is due over the next three seasons, the final three years on his current contract. Miami doesn't want to pay Green, who will turn 37 in July, much more than the NFL veteran's minimum, which is $820,000 in 2007.

To acquire Green, the Dolphins likely would trade the second seventh-round draft pick they obtained from New England for receiver Wes Welker. But, sources said, the sticking point for the Green deal is money.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atleast the Chiefs would get his big contract off the books but they they turn to Huard who was good last year but we don't know if he can hold up.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is all I wanted was to get his cap number gone there are all kinds of rumors on what we will get but I think it will just be the 7th.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If this trade does go down what do the Cheifs do? Do they start Huard or do they sign or draft somebody?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move for the Chiefs, although I would think Trent could garner more then a 7th round pick. Huard should be okay but they still have a young Brodie Coyle in the wings or hey Drew Bledsoe is still out there......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
If this trade does go down what do the Cheifs do? Do they start Huard or do they sign or draft somebody?
Huard and Croyle will fight for the job.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just what the Dolphins need....another old player....
Old 03-22-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Huard and Croyle will fight for the job.
Don't forget Casey Printers.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Don't forget Casey Printers.
I'm trying to make my self forget you can have him.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Omar Jacobs also is intriguing to me
Old 03-22-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Ya we sent him to NFLE.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Casey Printers might have looked bad in the preseason, but so did Huard and Croyle. We all know how bad the Chiefs OL and WR's were last year, can you imagine having to play with the backups? No QB is going to look good playing with those guys in the preseason. Printers was constantly under pressure and WR's were dropping balls all preseason.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw I hear that the deal is not as close as is being reported
Old 03-22-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJohnson27 View Post
Casey Printers might have looked bad in the preseason, but so did Huard and Croyle. We all know how bad the Chiefs OL and WR's were last year, can you imagine having to play with the backups? No QB is going to look good playing with those guys in the preseason. Printers was constantly under pressure and WR's were dropping balls all preseason.
Printers will never be anything more then a back up in the NFL IMO.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Im really thinking Croyle will probably get the starting job. I mean I know what Huard did was amazing last year, but Herm loves Croyle. And to anyone who says Herm doesnt play favorites, well thats exactly what he did with starting Green over Huards great play in the playoffs.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would see how both us them do in preseason and in training camp, and the one who does the best overall I would start IMO.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

maybe, Huard did better than Green and Green still started. Im just saying I think Herm plays favorites.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
23_phins_84
Rookie

23_phins_84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont want him. Carr brings so much more to the table for the Dolphins
23_phins_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23_phins_84 View Post
I dont want him. Carr brings so much more to the table for the Dolphins
The only thing Carr brings is youth, Green is a proven player.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami needs to give him the money he deserves, which I think is more in the 4-5 mil per years range. Depending on the Culpepper situation, Green may not even be starting, or may be relied solely upon for their season. 4-5 mil is a solid middle ground that both could agree on.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
23_phins_84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
The only thing Carr brings is youth, Green is a proven player.
Green = trading away draft picks
Carr= Trading away nothing
Old 03-23-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would cost our second 7th rounder for Green.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
23_phins_84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
It would cost our second 7th rounder for Green.
Trade a 7th rounder for an over the hill, washed up, 38 year old? Or get a 10 year younger, developing, underrated player for free?

Dont get me wrong, I like Green, but his time is done.
Carr has yet to have been proven. He never had a team around him

GAMES

Green: 8
Carr: 16

Attempts

Green: 198
Carr: 442

Completions

Green: 121
Carr: 302

Complete %

Green: 61.1
Carr: 68.3

Yards

Green: 1342
Carr: 2767

TD-INT

Green: 7-9
Carr: 11-12

Rating

Green: 74.1
Carr: 82.1

Based On Total Passes

% of poor throws

Green: 13.6
Carr: 6.8

% of pass defensed

Green: 7.6
Carr: 7.7

% hit at line

Green: 3.0
Carr: 4.3

% INT

Green: 4.5
Carr: 2.7
Old 03-23-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I read a rumor that if Green does end up in Miami then Culpepper becomes "expendable" and could end up in a trade to Oakland....to team back up with Randy Moss (who would want to play there because of his relationship with D.C.) then the Raiders would take Calvin #1 overall.

If you want the link I could p.m. it to ya. Just thought it was an interesting take.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Dolphins balk at price for Green

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

This makes it sound like the Chiefs want the moon but that is not true they want no less then a 5th from what I have heard who really knows at this point?