Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-31-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know what is more surreal Bumgarner getting a W and Posey hitting a HR (in their rookie seasons) in a World Series game or the Giants being one win away from the title.

I don't think the Giants being in the series will hit me till next week. So, so close and yet Cliff Lee stands in the way.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Don't know what is more surreal Bumgarner getting a W and Posey hitting a HR (in their rookie seasons) in a World Series game or the Giants being one win away from the title.

I don't think the Giants being in the series will hit me till next week. So, so close and yet Cliff Lee stands in the way.
You're right, it feels so weird for them to be in the World Series. My Giants fanhood cannot shake the feeling that we'll somehow manage to blow this.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more win! This team looks poised to take the title and just because Cliff Lee is pitching, they have Lincecum, so I still give the Giants the edge. We shouldn't fear them and their "star" pitcher (who is already counting his mentally half out the door to the Yankess and a huge contract); they should fear the Giants and fear the beard! Let's lock it up, boys!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You're right, it feels so weird for them to be in the World Series. My Giants fanhood cannot shake the feeling that we'll somehow manage to blow this.
No I'm the same way too. I thought they would lose to Phillies in 6 and I thought same thing with Texas. Just so used to past heartbreak with this team. The part that is driving me most insane is (some Giants fans) hoping they lose tonight so they can wrap this thing up in SF. How egotistical does that sound with our past history? I do not want to test the baseball Gods.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No I'm the same way too. I thought they would lose to Phillies in 6 and I thought same thing with Texas. Just so used to past heartbreak with this team. The part that is driving me most insane is (some Giants fans) hoping they lose tonight so they can wrap this thing up in SF. How egotistical does that sound with our past history? I do not want to test the baseball Gods.
I know it would be great, but unless I have Game 5 tix (which I don't) I'll take the win and party and celebrate just as hard, no matter what! We can't get greedy and wait for the "perfect" time to win it - just take the win and the championship as soon as they can get it.

If they win tonight, a couple years from now, will you remember that they clinched all 3 of their playoff series victories on the road? I doubt it and I doubt that us fans would care.

It'd be nice to bring it home for the win, but not necessary. Besides, if Lincecum pitches well and they slam Cliff Lee again, isn't that almost a little sweeter? It would leave no doubt about this team as winners IMHO.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-01-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I know it would be great, but unless I have Game 5 tix (which I don't) I'll take the win and party and celebrate just as hard, no matter what! We can't get greedy and wait for the "perfect" time to win it - just take the win and the championship as soon as they can get it.

If they win tonight, a couple years from now, will you remember that they clinched all 3 of their playoff series victories on the road? I doubt it and I doubt that us fans would care.

It'd be nice to bring it home for the win, but not necessary. Besides, if Lincecum pitches well and they slam Cliff Lee again, isn't that almost a little sweeter? It would leave no doubt about this team as winners IMHO.
Yep Red Sox fans were't complaining that it happened in St. Louis instead of Fenway. All that matter is the W.

Would be very enjoyable to watch Cliff Lee get run. I loved that Fox Sports had an article that basically was headlined that Texas had an automatic win in Game 1 since he was pitching. It would also be sweet cause Timmy would (probably) end up with MVP if he pitches well tonight. 2 Cy Youngs and a World Series MVP. That would be a heck of a resume.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, who's gonna make the WS Champion thread?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is, without a doubt, the best feeling in the history of my love of sports.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This is, without a doubt, the best feeling in the history of my love of sports.
+100000000000000 I never thought I would see this. Thank you Bill Neukom, Brian Sabean, and Bruce Bochy.

2010 World Series Champion San Francisco.........I finally get to to say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parade Wed! Can't wait to go to it.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I wish I was in Frisco for that parade. Have a blast fellas!

Congrats to the GIANTS; they left NO DOUBT that they were the best team this year and deserve to be champions!

What's great is that even after they won it, they will be labeled by the East Coast biased media as "flukes" or "one-year wonders"; they STILL will be underdogs! LOL

Old 11-03-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Giants Victory Parade now from Mkt. St. in SF, it looks so much like Mardi Gras with floats, cable cars, & sooooo much noise!! Sr. Team Advisor Willie McCovey coming by, Say Hey Kid Willie Mays too, both retired nos. by the team, driving by in vintage '50s Cadillacs with the huge tailfins to commerate the 1st Giants WS win since 1956, everybody going crazy in The City!

Giants had the whole pkg. with the beards, the slogan (Sweet Torture), the Cy Young Award winners, nobody but nobody picked this team to win anything back in the Spring/Summer -- The East Coast pundits who dissed them can eat it, there's SF Mayor Gavin Newsom, he won the Lt. Gov. of California race yesterday too.

On Monday night when they won you could hear people honking & screaming all over the Bay Area at around 8 PM PDT, I haven't heard or seen anything like that here since the 49ers took their 5th Super Bowl win in the 90s.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I haven't heard or seen anything like that here since the 49ers took their 5th Super Bowl win in the 90s.
Cause there hasn't been anything Champion-worthy enough to talk about.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Picked up a World Series hat and t-shirt today..............just awesome. Got a authentic Lincecum jersey coming that I am going to get the World Series patch sewn onto. I think I am going to max out my card on World Series gear.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Watching the Giants Victory Parade now from Mkt. St. in SF, it looks so much like Mardi Gras with floats, cable cars, & sooooo much noise!! Sr. Team Advisor Willie McCovey coming by, Say Hey Kid Willie Mays too, both retired nos. by the team, driving by in vintage '50s Cadillacs with the huge tailfins to commerate the 1st Giants WS win since 1956, everybody going crazy in The City!
That was a really nice touch to have Willie Mays and Willie Mac near the front of the parade and then have Will Clark, JT, and Richie after it celebrating the history of the team. I wish Barry was there.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Picked up a World Series hat and t-shirt today..............just awesome. Got a authentic Lincecum jersey coming that I am going to get the World Series patch sewn onto. I think I am going to max out my card on World Series gear.
Where is the best place to find the gear? Should I just go to the stadium? Is there a shop set up there? It's close to my classes so that would be nice.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A funny sight coming home. Three Giants fans were sitting in Union Square dogging this Padres fan. All he could do was smile and walk off, his back turned, with a light Arsenio Hall fist pump saying "we'll be back" while the fans continued to torment him. I tried not to laugh, but I couldn't help it.

I also find it amusing that some people in the city that I've encountered who aren't Giants fans or perhaps fans of any sport in general are complaining about the noise and the celebration. A small part of me inside feels like they need to be ***** slapped. One of the most pivotal moments in the history of the city has occurred and you have the nerve to complain. It's one day of the year and a celebration of the Giants world championship isn't going to ruin your little lives. I'm not that big a fan of baseball, but I still had loads of fun and understand the importance this title means to the city. And I have just as many obligations as the next average joe.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I can't believe free agency starts this Sunday! There's a rumor that the Giants may be involved in the Carl Crawford sweepstakes. Out of the names out there, he definitely exciters me the most as he has power, speed and plays very good defense. He looks like a no-brainer for an everyday LF, with them re-signing Babe Ross and playing him in RF. Torres will be in CF, and Rowand and Shierholtz will continue to be in the rotation providing good D and timely hitting.

Crawford would help us with some much needed steals and provide some protection for Huff (assuming he is re-signed) and Posey.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Where is the best place to find the gear? Should I just go to the stadium? Is there a shop set up there? It's close to my classes so that would be nice.
I live in Santa Rosa and got my gear at the mall. I think team store (by the stadium) would be best place to hit in San Francisco. I also believe there is a Giants team store by SFO as well that has a ton of gear.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I can't believe free agency starts this Sunday! There's a rumor that the Giants may be involved in the Carl Crawford sweepstakes. Out of the names out there, he definitely exciters me the most as he has power, speed and plays very good defense. He looks like a no-brainer for an everyday LF, with them re-signing Babe Ross and playing him in RF. Torres will be in CF, and Rowand and Shierholtz will continue to be in the rotation providing good D and timely hitting.

Crawford would help us with some much needed steals and provide some protection for Huff (assuming he is re-signed) and Posey.
Yeah it is fast this season. Funny that when that final out was made that a few of the Giants automatically became free agents. Would love to see SF make a run at Crawford. But I have a feeling that the bidding will get out of control for him. Maybe instead look to trade Sanchez, with his value high, for a bat like Prince or Uggla. I think it was Jayson Stark who said Sanchez for Delmon Young could be possible.

Baggs says he (Huff) is going to get an offer made soon. They are going to be in talks with Uribe and Rent got his opition declined.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/extraba...ack-uribe-etc/
Old 11-06-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I live in Santa Rosa and got my gear at the mall. I think team store (by the stadium) would be best place to hit in San Francisco. I also believe there is a Giants team store by SFO as well that has a ton of gear.
Street vendors setting up as early as possible in the South Bay, I saw 3 on Friday just around SJ, Palo Alto on the El Camino, etc. & various ppl. wearing them

They can't rush Giants WS champs t-shirts, flags & caps out there fast enough. They will be a big stocking stuffer item in the Bay Area this Xmas.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

And the title defense begins.

Huff re-signed to a 2 year deal with club option for 3rd year:

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/n...ews_sf&c_id=sf

YES!

It was also awesome to see 3 members of the World Series champions placed among the top 13 in voting -- first baseman Aubrey Huff (seventh, with 70 points), catcher Buster Posey (11th, 40) and closer Brian Wilson (13th, 28).

Old 11-27-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hai gaiz ... The Giants won the ************* World Series. I feel like I need to post about this quite often.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hai gaiz ... The Giants won the ************* World Series. I feel like I need to post about this quite often.
WOO HOO!!! Feel free to do so anytime!

Old 11-28-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I frequently gloat to my students that their Rangers lost to my Giants.

Also, my computer's background on the projector is a large SF logo.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
+infinity

It's strange how different it is to be in off-season mode as the defending champs. When news broke, last week, of the Braves getting Uggla for a blue light special deal. Pre World Series win WWBBD would have spent a week cursing out inanimate objects around the house for how terrible Sabs is for not getting a deal done. But now I just shrugged at the news and carried on. This must be nirvana.