Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Not sure if serious about the Stafford part. Calvin Johnson is an absolute freak, one of the top 3 receivers in the NFL imo, and Pettigrew has to potential to be a stud in the future.

Also, I think Mark Sanchez may actually have the best supporting cast of any of these QBs. Has one of the top running games in the NFL, an outstanding offensive line, a great young tight end in Dustin Keller, and three good receivers in Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, and Jerricho Cotchery.
I was being sarcastic because the guy was acting like Mark Sanchez was the only QB throwing to great players.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
So were Roddy white, Boldin, Calvin Johnson, Tony G, Mason, and the rest
Agreed. 10char

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
79.01% them.

12.43% him.

2.34% Rex Ryan's gut.

1.08% hot dogs.

.35% Broadway shows.

It's a team sport. He's getting them the ball and they're making plays. It's extremely difficult to critique someone effectively when your using the fine play of those around him as evidence of why he's not that good (when one of the traits of a good QB is elevating the play of those around you).

Sanchez isn't going anywhere. In the near future, he's always going to have a good defense, he's always going to have a good line, and he's (most likely) always going to have Keller/Holmes/Cotch/Smith as weaponry. Judge him based on what he does in real life, not what you think he'd do in some alternate reality.
You are way underestimating Ryan's Gut, Hot Dogs, and Broadway Shows. I mean let's be serious, have you seen Cats? That's good for a couple of turnovers a game.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad that the Ravens have a franchise QB. A team can win with anyone of these guys when they are on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I'm pretty sure anyone would take snowy, and traditionally bad Buffalo Bills team, over playing Pittsburgh twice a year.
And I would rather play Cleveland then take on Belichick and his Pats over the years.

Really Bradford's division is so bad, that even with the cast that he has, it gets hidden up with facing 3 teams that really aren't good on defense. I still like him a lot but you can't tell me that the NFC West is any good at all.

I just don't get how Sanchez is deemed horrible and the worst of the 6. Maybe its because I see him every week and am impressed by him alot of the time. I mean the guy had like 12 career starts in 1 year after sitting at USC before being drafted to the NFL? Bradford had 3x that many starts at OU? Stafford? Freeman? Flacco? The senior QB Ryan?
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post

Really Bradford's division is so bad, that even with the cast that he has, it gets hidden up with facing 3 teams that really aren't good on defense. I still like him a lot but you can't tell me that the NFC West is any good at all.
But Bradford's been playing well against teams outside his division too, like Atlanta this past weekend and San Diego a few weeks back. Though it's not the leagues strongest division by any means, Bradford has had a lot of success against the NFC South.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I just don't get how Sanchez is deemed horrible and the worst of the 6. Maybe its because I see him every week and am impressed by him alot of the time. I mean the guy had like 12 career starts in 1 year after sitting at USC before being drafted to the NFL? Bradford had 3x that many starts at OU? Stafford? Freeman? Flacco? The senior QB Ryan?
It's because Sanchez went to USC and plays in New York.

If Sanchez went to Oregon State and played for the Jaguars, he'd be at least #3 in the voting probably.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Rusty Smith on this poll
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
It's because Sanchez went to USC and plays in New York.

If Sanchez went to Oregon State and played for the Jaguars, he'd be at least #3 in the voting probably.
Evry1 jus h8z on teh Trojanzzzz!!!11

Just stop it. People on here still think Matt Leinart is good.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

He never got a real shot!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

That's totally besides the point, but who still thinks Leinart is good?

In the draft process there was a lot of "hell, even I could throw for X amount of yards at USC". Alot of people downgrade USC QB's by association so don't act like it's a totally baseless argument.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Sanchez has been ballin the past 4 weeks.

In fact, if I remember correctly, Sanchez has thrown for more yards than any other qb in the league over the past 4 weeks.

And he's shown his clutchness along the way, coming up with several key plays to win close games in the final seconds or overtime.

Let's give the guy his due. If we're going to kill him every time he makes a bad play, let's give him his props when he plays well.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it has anything to do with him coming from USC.

What i DO think the hate comes from though, is how much the media hyped him up during the draft process AND how much media exposure he's getting while performing on par with or even less than the aforementioned 5 other guys.

people on this board hate that.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are many teams that would love to have anybody on this list. I can think of 11 who probably wouldn't. Probably these wouldn't:

Indy
NE
NYG
SD
Pitts
GB
NO
Texans
Philly
Bears
Cowboys

Teams that would kill for anyone of those:

Raiders
Chiefs
Broncos
Seahawks
49ers
Bengals
Browns
Titans
Redskins
Jags
Bills
Cards
Fins
Vikes
Panthers
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think Matt Ryan is one of the more underrated QBs in the league. I'd change my vote from Bradford to him if I could.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Bradford over all of them, still.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
There are many teams that would love to have anybody on this list. I can think of 11 who probably wouldn't. Probably these wouldn't:

Indy
NE
NYG
SD
Pitts
GB
NO
Texans
Philly
Bears
Cowboys

meh.... 10 characters
Old 11-23-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be interesting to see how a similar poll would play out with NFL GMs. I betcha that Ryan would narrowly edge out Bradford, with Freeman, Sanchez and Stafford sharing a few votes as well. Flacco would get no love lol.

I've been mightily impressed by the way Ryan runs that no-huddle offense, similarly to Manning. That, and he's evolved into being a more aggressive, accurate passer, the way he was back at BC; not to mention the turnovers are way down. If you ask me, he has as good of a chance as any of them to be that next Manning/Brady super-type entity.

As Bradford continues to evolve, I see his career statistically playing out similarly to that of Troy Aikman, and I'm not certain that he'll ever be rendered as the best at his position at any point during his career.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also really like Ryan. But I want to see Bradford with a couple legitimate weapons before I nominate Ryan the best of this group. AJ Green to the Rams for starters. With the Rams tough second half schedule, AJ could be in the mix.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Rams want to go receiver in the first round, they'll have some great choices, even if AJ Green isn't on the board.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford would be my pick. Ryan second. I like Ryan but I think Bradford has the chance to be a more accurate version of him.

The rest of the guys don't really impress me that much. I'd probably take Freeman next because of his ability to run and then Flacco for his arm.

Sanchez is awful as a franchise QB, imo, and Stafford can't stay healthy.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Sanchez is awful as a franchise QB, imo, and Stafford can't stay healthy.
hmmm... care to explain why?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
hmmm... care to explain why?
He's probably basing it off of last year prior to the postseason.....

At least I would hope.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Stafford could stay Healthy he might be the best. Watch a Lions game with Stafford and without him. The Lions get on fire with him and he and Calvin could be a Manning to Harrison.
dannyz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
If Stafford could stay Healthy he might be the best. Watch a Lions game with Stafford and without him. The Lions get on fire with him and he and Calvin could be a Manning to Harrison.
Word. The Lions have won 1 game game in 3 years without Stafford starting. 3 games with him starting. Stafford never had issues staying healthy before the last year and he has a chance to get over the shoulder injuries.