Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
hmmm... care to explain why?
I can't read his mind or speak for him, but a guess might be: because he couldn't beat our John David Booty?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
And I would rather play Cleveland then take on Belichick and his Pats over the years.

Really Bradford's division is so bad, that even with the cast that he has, it gets hidden up with facing 3 teams that really aren't good on defense. I still like him a lot but you can't tell me that the NFC West is any good at all.

I just don't get how Sanchez is deemed horrible and the worst of the 6. Maybe its because I see him every week and am impressed by him alot of the time. I mean the guy had like 12 career starts in 1 year after sitting at USC before being drafted to the NFL? Bradford had 3x that many starts at OU? Stafford? Freeman? Flacco? The senior QB Ryan?
Don't get me wrong. I think Sanchez has a chance to be really good also. But people overreact to his comeback wins. None of those games should have been close to begin with, and he squeaked some wins against bad, and in Texans case, a historically terrible defense.

While BB is definitely by far the best coach in the NFL, I'll take the Steelers D easily over the Pats D. Although that might change after this years draft.

I think at the end of the day, all these QB's will be great for there respective teams, but it just angers me when people are drooling over Ryan, and underselling Flacco when the stats are almost identical.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I can't read his mind or speak for him, but a guess might be: because he couldn't beat our John David Booty?
Booty was going to get the job regardless....he came in and had to sit behind Leinart for 3 years he was going to get the job as a senior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

comp:169
att:253
yards:2031
ypa:8.027
comp %:66.7%
TD:15
INT:2
QB rating:104.3

Those are Joe Flaccos stats since the bengals game. He has been on fire since that terrible performance
Old 11-25-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Booty was going to get the job regardless....he came in and had to sit behind Leinart for 3 years he was going to get the job as a senior.
See: Barkley, Matt
Related: Corp, Aaron/Mustain, Mitch
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about tebow?

just kidding, definitely just kidding
Old 11-26-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
but they really really suck.

Booty at least took us to a rose bowl. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan had another great game.

24/28 198 Yards, 1 TD, 108.0 QB Rating

Also noticed Sam Bradford played pretty well, 300+ yards and 3 TDs. Not a great day for either Freeman or Flacco.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voted for Ryan, but IMO I don't think he will ever be an All-Pro.

However, I do see him having a ten to fifteen career year as a starter and possibly ending up in the Hall of Fame due to a long career of consistency, both as far as his team's performance and his own.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradford should have had 400+ yds if the OC wouldn't have been so conservative in the 4th quarter trying to protect a lead. Almost cost them another game.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Sanchez got accused of rape or something like that during camp when Booty and him were fighting for the #1 QB spot.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Bradford should have had 400+ yds if the OC wouldn't have been so conservative in the 4th quarter trying to protect a lead. Almost cost them another game.

While Bradford is getting all the love, that OC needs to get some credit. I'm not saying Bradford is just dinking and dunking, but I think that OC has done a nice job of putting Sam in some advantageous situations, especially considering the lack of receiving talent in STL. (Although it'd be nice for him to give SJax some more touches)
Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Also noticed Sam Bradford played pretty well, 300+ yards and 3 TDs. Not a great day for either Freeman or Flacco.

Are you serious?

Flacco had a 71.3% while averages 8.2 YPA with 2 TDs. HIs one INT came from a fluke when Talib caught the ball between his legs on the ground and pulled it in. Not to mention he had a very long screen TD from Rice taken away due to a terrible penalty. But we dont even need to count that because lucky breaks and BS penalties generally even out throughout the year.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
While Bradford is getting all the love, that OC needs to get some credit. I'm not saying Bradford is just dinking and dunking, but I think that OC has done a nice job of putting Sam in some advantageous situations, especially considering the lack of receiving talent in STL. (Although it'd be nice for him to give SJax some more touches)

His deep ball to Denario Alexander was a thing of beauty. If the Rams had wr's that could go deep, they would take more shots. Hopefully DA stays healthy.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Are you serious?

Flacco had a 71.3% while averages 8.2 YPA with 2 TDs. HIs one INT came from a fluke when Talib caught the ball between his legs on the ground and pulled it in. Not to mention he had a very long screen TD from Rice taken away due to a terrible penalty. But we dont even need to count that because lucky breaks and BS penalties generally even out throughout the year.
It wasn't a terrible penalty. It was the right call, however they called it on the wrong WR. It was Mason that had the obvious hold on Talib, the Refs just identified the wrong person. That is why every Baltimore fan is PO 'd on the call.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya probably because Boldin didnt do anything . But I mean I figured it was just a make up call for that BS PI the Ravens got at the end of the 1st half. I will try to re-watch the play
Old 11-28-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan played amazing. He might be the top guy right now. He is just on a hot streak.

Flacco had a nice day, but watching the game, he threw a deep ball that beat no other than Sabby Piscatelli. That's nothing to rave about. Every QB picked on SAbby last year because he can't cover nor tackle. I can't give Flacco tremendous credit for that. Talib's pick, as Ravens1991 stated, was no fluke either.

Freeman played awful today for 3 qtrs. This was his worst performance all year as he missed many easy throws he normally makes. Was good in the 4th qtr, like always, but was a bit too late.

Bradford continues to impress. Lack of WRs and still tears apart the Broncos secondary. This guy is going to be special.

Didn't watch much of Sanchez, but from the frist half of that game against Cincy, I can't say I was impressed. Many other QBs have torched this defense and yet he struggled mightily.

My Rankings as of now stand:
1. Matt Ryan
2. Sam Bradford
3(tied). Josh Freeman
3(tied). Joe Flacco
5. Matt Stafford
6. Mark Sanchez
Old 11-28-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

IT was a good ball play to break the pass up, but he caught it inbetween his legs so he could get the iNT. HOw often if he going to catch it between his legs, Id call it a fluke.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
IT was a good ball play to break the pass up, but he caught it inbetween his legs so he could get the iNT. HOw often if he going to catch it between his legs, Id call it a fluke.
Flacco also should thank Mason for wrestling away a 2nd INT by Talib.

Talib has great ball skills and is one of the best at jumping routes and reading QBs eyes. He has a knack for the ball. I can't tell you how many INT's the guy has dropped this year (he's too greedy and thinks about what he's gonna do before he gets the dang ball). He's just that good at breaking at the ball. However, he gets to greedy he gets beat sometimes also.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to change my vote to Sam Bradford. Guy is the truth damn I wish we got him somehow.

My second change of vote goes to Matty ******* Ice. He might not be the most talented but all he does is win, what more do you need?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My team has Bradford and urs does not. And he is one sexy mother lover.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

Bradford is first rookie ever to have 300 yds, 3 tds and 0 int's on the road
Old 11-29-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Cassel anyone?

He's on fire this season. 18 TDs and 1 INT in his last 8 games. 22 TDs and 4 INTs on the year. Top 5 QB Rating. Just sayin'..

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Matt Cassel anyone?

He's on fire this season. 18 TDs and 1 INT in his last 8 games. 22 TDs and 4 INTs on the year. Top 5 QB Rating. Just sayin'..
Cassel is 28....doesn't qualify as a "young gun"
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see Bradford next year when the team (most likely) gets him some WRs.

Oh boy.

I LOOOOVE me some Sam Bradford.