Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post

No. Just no.
BJ Raji at #3? I'd definitely take him over Hampton and Ratliff and everyone else. Yeah maybe not Wilfork but come on look at what he's doing on the Packers defense. It seems like to get noticed as a good NT you have to do it for like 5 years.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
BJ Raji at #3? I'd definitely take him over Hampton and Ratliff and everyone else. Yeah maybe not Wilfork but come on look at what he's doing on the Packers defense. It seems like to get noticed as a good NT you have to do it for like 5 years.
That's because it's rare to find a guy play it early in his career. NT's are for the most part former 4-3 DT's who ate themselves up like Keith Traylor. There's a new emphasis on finding young guys who can do it, and Raji is part of that movement, but he is not the #3 guy right now as much as I like him. Ahtyba Rubin is one guy who I can think of being better right away and Kelly Gregg probably still deserves a ton of respect for the job he does in Baltimore as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about A.Franklin in SF?
I know he beasted last year. I haven't seen any of their games this year though

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Ngata doesn't really play a lot of NT, but when he does, I'd say hes the most dominant.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Wilfork is the best pure NT in the league this year, Ngata is the best DL though if that makes sense!

Both are freaking beasts though!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ngata and Wilfork are 1 and 2 IMO as far as big men in the league...K. Williams would be 1B.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Kelly Gregg probably still deserves a ton of respect for the job he does in Baltimore as well.
In the past, definitely. Unfortunately he is not playing that much above average this year.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
[] Well informed

Big Al has played NT this year just as much as HN
He hardly plays and when he does, he plays like dog ****. He ******* sucks.

I'd rank the DTs like this for 2010:

1. Haltoi Ngata
2. Vince Wilfork
3. Richard Seymour
4. Casey Hampton
5. Cullen Jenkins

Anthony Adams also deserves a plug. He's been a big part of the Bears great run defense. Kyle Williams is one of the Williams that doesn't get any attention (He plays in Buffalo so that has a lot to do with it). He's been great though for a terrible team. Dorsey and Suh have been excellent. Kevin Williams is still among the most talented DTs in the NFL. He's also one of the only Viking players that hasn't quit yet. He's also surrounded by a severely declining Pat Williams, a non existent Jared Allen, a huge drop off from Ray Edwards and some borderline terrible play from Brian Robison (who has done next to nothing this year after having a breakout year last year and helping create a lot of pressure with great stunts).

I could probably name another 20 DTs that are more deserving of a mention in this thread than that lazy, fat piece of ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Hampton past his prime is still better than most NTs but especially with Smith out, he has looked better in previous years. Granted I do not watch the Steelers week in and week out like you probably do but from what I have seen it is not exactly going out on a limb to say he is not as good as he used to be. Still good, sure, just not as good.
Hampton has been a monster this year. It's among the best years he's had in his career. He's not good, he's great. He's easily a top 2 NT. He and Lawrence Timmons have been having career years. Wilfork is and has been the best NT in the NFL for the last 4 or 5 years. Kris Jenkins (as already mentioned) is really the only other NT that has the athletic ability, size, power and explosiveness to be easily better than Wilfork. Jenkins is easily the most talented NT in the NFL, but he's never healthy. Jenkins in 2008 was probably the greatest season I've ever seen from a NT. He was insane.

Hampton has been a huge reason why the Steelers consistently have a top 3 run defense for the last 10 years. This year they're giving up 2.9 yards per carry and they're ranked 1st. 2009, in a down year for him, he helped anchor the 3rd ranked rush defense. 2008, the 2nd ranked rush defense. 2007, the 3rd. 2006, the 3rd. 2005, the 3rd. 2004, the 3rd. 2003, 11th. 2002, 1st. 2001, the 1st. He's helped the Steelers rank in the top 3 every year except for 1. He hasn't been good. He's been consistently dominant. He has a couple years where he wasn't playing elite football, but he was still among the very few NTs in the game that garner so much attention and free up so many players that he helps make everyone around him better. He's, along with Wilfork, among the greatest 34 NTs ever. I'd take Wilfork over Hampton, but it's fairly close.

You can't rank Ngata with these two, or even begin to compare them. I would say Ngata is the better player, but he moves around the line way too much to be called a true NT with the likes of Wilfork and Hampton. It's a little different taking the ware and tear to the body when you're taking double teams on every single play. Do that for a decade and it's going to be pretty hard to be great. Hampton and Wilfork are two of the very few that still put up Pro Bowl seasons in year 7 or 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
He hardly plays and when he does, he

You can't rank Ngata with these two, or even begin to compare them. I would say Ngata is the better player, but he moves around the line way too much to be called a true NT with the likes of Wilfork and Hampton. It's a little different taking the ware and tear to the body when you're taking double teams on every single play. Do that for a decade and it's going to be pretty hard to be great. Hampton and Wilfork are two of the very few that still put up Pro Bowl seasons in year 7 or 10.
The only way Ngata isn't double teamed is if he's in coverage.....yea Ngata in coverage ahahhahaha The best in the game!!!
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Ahtyba Rubin is one guy who I can think of being better right away and Kelly Gregg probably still deserves a ton of respect for the job he does in Baltimore as well.
Rubin has been a stud this year. He has over 50 tackles and 2 sacks; not to mention an interception. I don't know if he's good enough to be called top 5, because I haven't seen enough of all the nose tackles in the NFL to evaluate them this year. But he has been very good and is one of the few reasons the Browns' run defense isn't terrible. Raji has been very good from what I've seen as well.

With that said, Ngata and Wilfork are clearly ahead of Hampton at this point. Ngata rarely plays nose, but he is the best DL in football. Wilfork is right up there as well.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
How about A.Franklin in SF?
I know he beasted last year. I haven't seen any of their games this year though
I read from a SF fan in the "Most overrated player on your fav team" forum that he was having a suspect year and was living off his '09 reputation.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote