Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-28-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to become a great DC again.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
You guys are gonna be sad when Rich Rodriguez is announced as the next head coach of Miami.
He'd be a decent coach in the overrated ACC - Rich Rod just can't play in the Big Ten's sandbox. I agree that they should be able to do a little better, though.

I liked Shannon, but a change is understandable. They also have to decide what they'r going to do at QB. Jacory Harris isn't the future of this team.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
He'd be a decent coach in the overrated ACC - Rich Rod just can't play in the Big Ten's sandbox. I agree that they should be able to do a little better, though.

I liked Shannon, but a change is understandable. They also have to decide what they'r going to do at QB. Jacory Harris isn't the future of this team.
I actually think Rodriguez could do well at Miami. But I don't think the Miami fans on the board would be too happy after the last three seasons at Michigan. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post

They have another top prospect coming in at QB so if they can keep him on board through the coaching change that would help.

I hate to joke about this but I said Miami could be a program he would come back too....Pete Carroll, i really think the guy's heart is in college football and Miami is the east coast version of USC....long shot indeed but i could see it happening lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagagad View Post
There is no way he would leave this early but Dan Mullen would be a great hire.
Mullen definitely would. He's making chicken feed at Miss State. There's talk that he might be a candidate at Minnesota, let alone a bigger program (although Minnesota will arguably pay their coach more than Miami).

There were rumors that if Shannon were fired he'd be a candidate at Minnesota. I REALLY hope this isn't the case.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Jelephant87
Rookie

Jelephant87 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't really understand how they had to move on. They just gave him an extension so up to this year they had to be satisfied with how he was doing. And even though you could argue they should've won certain games anyway, if Jacory didn't get hurt I think they would've went 9-3. So how do you fire a coach who could've went 10-3 (if they won their bowl game) if the starting QB didn't get hurt and they had to go to a true frosh.

As far as a replacement, I think they need to get a big time coach. Shannon was the guy who cleaned up the mess and got the program back on track. Now they need a guy who can get all those talented players to perform up to their potential.
Jelephant87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelephant87 View Post
I don't really understand how they had to move on. They just gave him an extension so up to this year they had to be satisfied with how he was doing. And even though you could argue they should've won certain games anyway, if Jacory didn't get hurt I think they would've went 9-3. So how do you fire a coach who could've went 10-3 (if they won their bowl game) if the starting QB didn't get hurt and they had to go to a true frosh.

As far as a replacement, I think they need to get a big time coach. Shannon was the guy who cleaned up the mess and got the program back on track. Now they need a guy who can get all those talented players to perform up to their potential.
Contract extensions are often done simply to help recruiting. If the buyout stays the same (and in this case it appears it has), then it's basically meaningless.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Mullen definitely would. He's making chicken feed at Miss State. There's talk that he might be a candidate at Minnesota, let alone a bigger program (although Minnesota will arguably pay their coach more than Miami).

There were rumors that if Shannon were fired he'd be a candidate at Minnesota. I REALLY hope this isn't the case.
If he would, then he should be their guy. I think he will win a national championship somewhere.
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Poetic justice for all the hating you've been doing on the program.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Shannon's a great fit somewhere other than Miami. It just wasn't working down there for him. They couldn't get the offense going.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Poetic justice for all the hating you've been doing on the program.
What you call "hating", most people would call reality.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Per Orlando Sentinel writer:

Before every Monday night game, ESPN announcers Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden held a "chalk talk" luncheon with reporters and members of the community in which they share their perspectives on the upcoming game.

Gruden, of course, has become a hot name in several cities where coaching searches are expected at the end of the season. That includes San Francisco. Unfortunately, it will be difficult to ask Gruden's his thoughts on the 49ers. Monday's "chalk talk" has been cancelled.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sacramento Bee reporting that Jon Gruden is "off limits" with reporters for his gig at MNF

blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archive...on-iffy-ne.html
Quote:
"According to a UM source, former NFL coach Jon Gruden initiated contact with the university to express his desire for the job and that the interest in mutual. Hocutt said there's no timeline on the hire and that money will not be an issue in the selection."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/u...,5548389.story
Quote:
@Manny_Navarro
Manny Navarro
Hearing strong chatter Jon Gruden may have agreed to become #UM's coach. Nothing confirmed officially yet.
Manny Navarro is the Canes beat writer for the Miami Herald
Old 11-28-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Gruden could be a GREAT college coach. He has a lot of Pete Carroll in him. Not sure he's done with the NFL quite yet though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I really think Gruden could be a GREAT college coach. He has a lot of Pete Carroll in him. Not sure he's done with the NFL quite yet though.
I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but it would be a great hire if true imo. Immediately becomes one of the more relevant college coaches in the country.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Gruden rumors are true. I think he would be an awesome recruiter.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden would be a dream hire. I think just the kinda coach to get Jacory's ass in the film room, and whip most of the gusy into shape. Plus with his NFL pedigree could see alot more recruits commiting. Fingers Crossed.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant wait to see film of Gruden ripping on kids at practice. That'll be ******* hilarious.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool thing would be to see you guys produce some quarterbacks again. It's been awhile since Miami had a legit quarterback prospect.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Oh ****, we've got links and dollars now.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-at-Miami.html

Quote:
If Jon Gruden indeed leaves ESPN’s Monday Night Football booth, it may not be for an NFL head coaching job after all.

According to Lake Lewis of Sports Journey Broadcast Network on his Twitter page, the former Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Bucs head coach will take over for the dismissed Randy Shannon at Miami.

The reported deal would be worth roughly $3 million per season.

Lewis cited a credible source for the news in another Tweet:

My scoop on Gruden to UM is from a credible source I respect who is a former ESPN radio guy and also another scoop is a UM great. No lies here...

Whether or not the report is true, there’s no question that Miami’s administration is looking to make a splash with this hire, and Gruden would give the Hurricanes a fiery, offensive leader — essentially the opposite of the ousted Shannon.

It obviously seems to be too soon for Miami to have a replacement for Shannon set in stone, and the 'Canes are expected to have a thorough national search. But at the very least, could Gruden be the top contender for the opening?
It's still sources and scoops, but this looks to have some weight.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-28-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. I was hoping Miami would honor his contract and keep Radio for four more years.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden is really close to happening. Apparently they've been talking for a while.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Gruden become the HC I'll jizz everywhere.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden's personality would work very well in a college setting. Thing is with hiring a guy like Gruden is that how long will you have him before he decides goes back to the league again? I can't see a scenario where he would have success at Miami and not go back to the pro game.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I imagine if Gruden wanted to get back into the pro game he could do that this year. Great hire if true.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manny Navarro reporting 3.4 mil a year, not official yet but it's basically done. Freaking awesome.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote