Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Contenders and Pretenders/ Truths

The Patriots, Jets, Falcons, and Eagles are contenders
I think these are the teams that could win the Super Bowl. I dont think anyone else could beat one of these teams in the playoffs...

Lurking: Steelers, Bears, Packers, Giants, San Diego, Ravens
Except maybe one of these guys. All these guys are good but have some serious weaknesses. I think the Bears and their Oline is the biggest weakness among this group, but theyve also beaten the Eagles and the Packers but got beat up by the Giants. They all play good defense but the Packers cant run, the Bears can block, and the Giants have some issues with their punting game and turnovers, the Chargers are doing their normal thing of good late in the year but i dont think they could go to ny or ne and win a game, not built for it so idk if i can take them seriously. The Steelers: i like them but they got absolutely clocked by the Pats and didnt look like they belonged in that game, then were a drop away from losing to the Bills, a team they have to beat. So we'll see, but theyre built to win in the playoffs...The Ravens, idk, idk if i trust Flacco in a big game in the playoffs, they need to start running a lot more and prove the D can get it done a little more before im buying in.

The Cowboys, Vikings, Bills, Browns, and Rams are spoilers
Bad teams that could screw up some teams shot at the playoffs because they have so much fight. Bills almost threw a screw ball into the Steelers playoff chances, Browns already beat the Pats, these teams are just not to be overlooked.

The 'Shut off the tv they suck so bad' teams: Cards, 9ers, Bengals
really, they suck.

Pretenders: Colts, Jags, whoever comes out of the NFC west, Texans (obviously), Titans on their third string QB
Yeah not feeling the AFC south this year. Jags arent going anywhere i have no faith in Garrard to get it done. Texans D cant stop the pass, no way they can go up north and beat one of the good teams listed before. Titans: Rusty Smith.

Yeah, the Colts are Pretenders
Seriously.

This isnt about Manning like the other thread, this is about the whole team.

They just suck. This is the worst Colts team we've seen in a decade or more easily. Ive thought this for a few weeks but wanted to see how they handled the two contenders in a row and they didnt handle any of it at all. Peyton has looked off since Clark went down, his ability to play under pressure that hed finally developed over the last couple seasons is vanishing behind that middle school offensive line and hes forcing throws and looking confused for the first time in years. If hes not on his A game this team is a rollover win for most NFL opponents as the Chargers showed.

The Colts remaining schedule is:

@Titans
Jags
@Raiders
Titans

If they split with the Titans (CJ is gunna be pissed after his 5 rush yards so he'll be looking to beast) then I think the Jags game could swing and I dont think they beat the Raiders, they run the ball very well with McFadden and the Colts D is absolutely atrocious trying to stop the run.

Even if they do make the playoffs (pretty big if), they arent going anywhere this year, they just really arent any good.

Couple of quick thoughts....

Well hes definitely not John Wayne...
Can we PLEASE end the 'Reggie Wayne is an elite weapon' bull****? The dude has been very average to terrible for over a year now, its time everyone else noticed this and not just me. Idc what his numbers say, screw stats theyre worthless, i trust what i see and what i see is he gets no seperation of any kind (weddle is an average safety and he locked him down on that INT). Hes not a number 1, hes not a 'deep threat' with his obvious lack of speed and ability to seperate, his routes have been sloppy this year with a lot of rounded cuts, and hes dropping passes left and right.

Carson Palmer Sucks
Hes terrible, he looks like his passion for the game is gone. He needs a change of scenery in the worst way and even then idk i think he might be done. I know i know: 'its the coaching!' 'Rogue recievers!' 'Hes still good its not his fault!' Shut up. He sucks.

Matt Ryan is Tom Brady 2.0
I compared them when he was coming out but damn hes a freaking exact replica of the man. I said early in the year that Orton was playing better than Ryan. I was wrong. My bad Halsey.

Cortland Finnegan looks like a jack***
Idk much about him, but he looks like such a douche with the hair and smile after that fight. what are you smilin about, your team is losing and you just got thrown around? Just sayin.

Breaking down the contenders
The Pats:
Brady? Check. Belly? Check. Good defense thats getting better, solid efficient offense with Brady at the healm, and my boy Woodhead on the field sometimes, they look like theyre gunna be a very tough team to beat in January.

The Jets: I love this team. Great D that can do it all and do it well, powerful offense and QB whos played well when hes needed to and did last year in the playoffs too. If Sanchez keeps it together theyre the team to beat.

The Falcons: A D thats just good enough with a run the ball philosophy and a Qb who can come through when they need it. Team to beat in the NFC. I wasnt on board until yesterday but its clear im late to the show and they deserve the credit.

The Eagles: Theyre good, but if they have to head to chicago or GB in January they could be in trouble. If theyre playing indoor on the turf in say Atlanta? watch out theyve got some serious speed. The Falcons are great at home, the eagles are built to play indoors much more than to power run in the outside and cold, thatd be a hell of a game.

My rankings:
Jets
Pats/Falcons

Eagles

Sorry for the long*** post.

Last edited by hockey619 : 11-29-2010 at 10:33 AM.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote