Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-28-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd pretty much rather kill myself than watch us play Atlanta in Atlanta in the playoffs

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Mike Stock better be looking for a new job on Monday. Unexcusably play by his special teams.
Stock was already fired after the 2008 season.
The current Special Teams coach is Shawn Slocum, who is in his 2nd year.

What the announcers (and sideline worthless *****) failed to mention is that earlier in the game, first half, Brandon Chillar made a tackle on a kickoff, and he held his arm when he came out.

Well I spotted him in the 2nd half in street clothes. So we were missing at least one key guy on that coverage, and perhaps that made a difference. Still, WHAT THE **** is wrong with our special teams, every year, no matter who the coach is?
We're soft.

Our defense was soft trying to tackle Snelling.
Woodson then Peprah allowed Snelling to gain an additional 8 yards and allow them to go for it on that one 4th down, which they made and then got 7 points on.

Another one later, Frank Zombo let Snelling cut past him on a catch and convert a 3rd & long. SOFT ***** GIRL TACKLING on Snelling. Guys afraid to take him on, just diving at his feet hoping to trip him up.

And the soft WHITE WALL. They cannot ever get a push for a 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 conversion? Never? They're softer than hell. That forced Rodgers to try and sneak those 2 in the first half, and led to HIS FUMBLE.

That was the 2nd straight 11+ play/80+ yard drive we had, and we came away with 3 points. THAT WAS where this game was lost.
In good games, on the road, like this, you CANNOT LEAVE 11 or even 7 points on the board. You just can't.

This was a lesson learned.

The good thing is I think we can play better. I would expect our defense to force a turnover or two next time we play them.

Our defense allowed Ryan go to about 14-14 in the 2nd half, til he threw the last one away on purpose.

Even though we took away Roddy White's big plays, we saw why Desmond Bishop was not trusted in coverage. His BONEHEAD BRAINFREEZE let Tony Gonzalez have a wide open hole on that first TD.

The defensive coverage was fine, except for him.

I was proud of the CLUTCH long drive Rodgers came thru on though. And the whole offense, Jordyzzz with the clutch catch.

All in all, a great game, and totally fitting that our special teams coverage blew it, and fitting that our early short yardage soft offensive line problem came back to haunt us. The White Wall needs to toughen up on short yardage.

And Dimitry Nance blew one of them going low right into the LBer. He should have angled off from him.... bad run.

I can tell you this, I would not mind playing at Atlanta again in January.
We gave them 11 points, didn't force a single turnover, and still they barely won the game.
We'll do better next time. They don't scare me.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I'd pretty much rather kill myself than watch us play Atlanta in Atlanta in the playoffs
I don't really think that was any factor. We seemed to just come out and play flat. Simple things like tackling and knowing your defensive assignments were missing. With the way we played Atlanta should've trounced us. Not impressed with anyone out of the NFC this year.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to this, i say, meh.

this one has to be on the coaching. the second quarter was one of the most poorly coached quarters ever. the non-challenge, the goal line sequence...i re-new my objection to an empty backfield on short yardage plays.

ATL was clean. other than the early penalties...it's hard to beat a team that refuses to beat itself.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
to this, i say, meh.

this one has to be on the coaching. the second quarter was one of the most poorly coached quarters ever.
We had 2 drives of over 80-yards, 11 & 12 play drives. Those plays were designed and called by the coach.

You blame them for Rodgers fumbling at the goalline in the 2nd quarter, or Nance running right into the LBer on the earlier 3rd & 1?

The challenge on the Gonzalez catch is easy to blame McCarthy because that play is as big as a turnover.

But missed tackles on a fullback Snelling, many times, and yet another ***** special teams breakdown....those aren't on coaching. Those are mentally-weak and physically-weak plays.

F***** Bears just stole another TD.
I guess they're great now.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry about my very drunk and extremely irritated posts before. That 4th down incompletion the refs gave them and we didn't challenge that led to a TD just ruined my day. It was clear within seconds it wasn't a catch, how do you miss that call as a ref and fail to challenge it as a head coach?

Not sure what to think of the two sneak attempts by Rodgers, the second leading to a fumble. Much rather would have seen a rollout, not sure why we didn't attempt that.

Inexcusable special teams play. Inexcusable lack of a running game. Inexcusable missed tackles. Very disappointing game.

Offense needs to figure out some sort of running game and how to convert 3rd downs, which is clearly the biggest hit we've taken without Grant and Finley.

We need to win these next two games, no question, or we'll be in bad shape for a playoff spot with the Bears winning today. 49ers and Lions.

I think the Falcons really gave teams a blueprint to beat us. Physical football, quick short throws, allow us to get underneath throws and get us into 3rd downs, even if it's 3rd and short.

Also, hate to say this but Peppers moves ahead of Matthews as North's best defensive player after this week. :(

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 11-28-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Also, hate to say this but Peppers moves ahead of Matthews as North's best defensive player after this week. :(
You're right, but there are those who say free agency is bad and signing great players like that carries too much risk. They beat us because of Peppers.

Anyway, don't worry too much about this game.

They got the lucky turnover by us.
We missed tons of tackles.
Matthews had no sacks.
We got no turnover.

And yet they barely beat us.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very encouraged after this game. Yes, it ******* sucks we lost but aside from that I took away a lot of good. I feel like we can be any team in the NFC. And you know having to play in Atlanta in January wouldn't be so bad. You saw our run game, you saw their run game. Staying indoor would probably benefit us more even though we're supposedly the cold weather team.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
You'll have to explain that to me. We played far from our best football today and still barely lost. It isn't a match-up we should be rooting for, but there's no doubt we could have beaten Atlanta today.

So, is this game going to be counted as another example of how Rodgers is unclutch?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course. Just like all the others where he's done his part and then special teams or defense ****** it up.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Of course. Just like all the others where he's done his part and then special teams or defense ****** it up.
Exactly. How many times is the special ed unit going to cost him, us, games?

Rodgers last drive was as clutch as it gets. It was do or die. A long drive, thanks to, what else, POOR field position because of terrible special teams.

If the season ended today, the most important move that needs to be made is a legit special teams coach needs to be here. Slocum came from Stock, who was schit. That was like firing Jim Bates and bringing in his no-name understudy Bob Sanders and making him the man.

Whatever system Coach Stock uses, which Slocum learned under... it sucks ass.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

First of all Bates was good. Second, we wanted Bates back, he turned us down.

But yeah it'd be nice to have a functional special teams unit.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
You'll have to explain that to me. We played far from our best football today and still barely lost. It isn't a match-up we should be rooting for, but there's no doubt we could have beaten Atlanta today.

So, is this game going to be counted as another example of how Rodgers is unclutch?
Rodgers is money to tie the game.. winning it is a different story.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Rodgers is money to tie the game.. winning it is a different story.
What do expect from him? Was he supposed to throw a TD when we got the ball back with 2 seconds on the clock?
Old 11-28-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Whatever system Coach Stock uses, which Slocum learned under... it sucks ass.
I've been saying this for who knows how long. Lets promote the guy who learned under the worst special teams coach ever. BRILLIANT! Makes no ****ing sense at all.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to put a damper on yalls venting after a tough loss, but you all are assuming that ATL played a great game and was flawless...

Sure we had no turnovers, but Ryan only threw for 198 yards...Roddy was quiet all day long, and we really didnt have a "big play". Thats the offense, and obviously you all watched the game, we had zero pressure on Rodgers all day, most of the time rushing 3 to 4 guys and just sitting back. We also had alot of early penalties that set us back several times. So by no means did we play a great game, we simply just made fewer mistakes when it counted.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:57 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Not to put a damper on yalls venting after a tough loss, but you all are assuming that ATL played a great game and was flawless...

Sure we had no turnovers, but Ryan only threw for 198 yards...Roddy was quiet all day long, and we really didnt have a "big play". Thats the offense, and obviously you all watched the game, we had zero pressure on Rodgers all day, most of the time rushing 3 to 4 guys and just sitting back. We also had alot of early penalties that set us back several times. So by no means did we play a great game, we simply just made fewer mistakes when it counted.
That's a big thing right there. Both teams are solid fundamentally, and sometimes things just happen.... this game, that one big thing happened perfect for you guys, and terrible for us. A full 7-point swing.

Next time? Who knows. But I do know that despite that and all the other stuff (the non-catch by Gonzalez being another 7-point mistake), this game came down to the final play. In Atlanta.
There's not much separating these 2 teams. Just a turnover was the difference and a few strange, or bad calls.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough loss, but it was an exciting game. Pack weren't gonna run the table anyway. #1 seed is obviously out of the question, but the Packers still control their destiny for perhaps the #2 seed. They just need to take care of business from here on out. Losing on a last second FG to a team who is damn near unbeatable at home and is currently the best team in the NFC isn't the worst. Still, I'll be doing what I usually do after Packer losses, and thats avoid ESPN/NFL Network for the week. I don't want to hear about the game or see any more highlights of the game
Old 11-29-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That's a big thing right there. Both teams are solid fundamentally, and sometimes things just happen.... this game, that one big thing happened perfect for you guys, and terrible for us. A full 7-point swing.

Next time? Who knows. But I do know that despite that and all the other stuff (the non-catch by Gonzalez being another 7-point mistake), this game came down to the final play. In Atlanta.
There's not much separating these 2 teams. Just a turnover was the difference and a few strange, or bad calls.
Yes it is big, but its also our 4th game in a row w/o one...so its not like OMG they didnt turn the ball over...
Old 11-29-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing, it f*ckin sucks that you just expect the ST to do something terrible like what they did at the end of the game. They ALWAYS give up a big return immediately after a huge momentum shift/packers scoring drive. Sick of seeing the ineptness from that unit. Slocum should have been fired last year, and he sure as hell better not survive after this season. Making him ST coach made absolutely zero sense, considering he was studying under MIKE STOCK, who was horrid as well

I mean damn, if they didn't tackle him by the facemask, it's most likely a freakin TD. Crosby had a great booming kick, and they returned it from inside their EZ and was basically untouched until he got past the 30. Just atrocious. I hate this ST with a passion
Old 11-29-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
What do expect from him? Was he supposed to throw a TD when we got the ball back with 2 seconds on the clock?
No, I'm referring to games he's had this season and in the past where he has had opportunities to make a drive to win the game and failed. As in this year we've gotten to OT twice, he's had chances to win it and not.

I still think that drive was fantastic, don't get me wrong. I've also thought he's really come back into form these last 4 games.

Oh how different this game would have turned out minus a fumble and plus a challenge. But that's how these things go.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 11-29-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I'm referring to games he's had this season and in the past where he has had opportunities to make a drive to win the game and failed. As in this year we've gotten to OT twice, he's had chances to win it and not.

I still think that drive was fantastic, don't get me wrong. I've also thought he's really come back into form these last 4 games.

Oh how different this game would have turned out minus a fumble and plus a challenge. But that's how these things go.
The guy can't do it all. He shouldn't always have to overcome our defensive/special teams collapses.

You point out Rodgers fumble and a failed no-challenge yet where is the blame for the poor tackling? Lack of communication in the secondary? Special teams? With all our early mistakes we were still in the game. Its been no different in every loss that we suffered this season. Ultimately there has to be some urgency by either the offense, defense, and special teams. Its just too bad that only the offense showed that on Sunday.