Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: With the 27th pick, Falcons should...
Draft an explosive WR/RB 3 12.50%
Draft a TE to replace Gonzo in future 1 4.17%
Draft an OT to protect Matty Ice 4 16.67%
Draft a DE that can get to the QB 11 45.83%
Trade Down and get more picks 3 12.50%
Trade Up and get a better player 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would your guys top needs be? DE OT and DB?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
What would your guys top needs be? DE OT and DB?
Top Tier:

Left Tackle
Slot guy (speedy WR/RB)
Pass Rusher

------

CB
WR

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:16 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Top Tier:

Left Tackle
Slot guy (speedy WR/RB)
Pass Rusher

------

CB
WR
Agreed. Add in TE. I like Palmer, but we can't rely on him yet if TG retires.

If Baker plays like he did against Suggs consistently for the rest of the season, then LT moves from a 1st/2nd round priority to a 3rd/4th round depth.

If that happens, I'd take:

1. DE
2. Speed WR/RB
3. TE
4. LT
5. CB
Old 11-17-2010, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Agreed. Add in TE. I like Palmer, but we can't rely on him yet if TG retires.

If Baker plays like he did against Suggs consistently for the rest of the season, then LT moves from a 1st/2nd round priority to a 3rd/4th round depth.

If that happens, I'd take:

1. DE
2. Speed WR/RB
3. TE
4. LT
5. CB

TE completely slipped my mind. We can definitely rely on Palmer when TG retires, which I think will be after 2011. The play of Palmer has taken the stress out of filling in for Gonzo.

So let's fill positions with names:

1) Justin Houston, DE, UGA
2) Jerrel Jernigan, WR, Troy
3) Anthony Castonzo, OT, BC

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-25-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Granted, I haven't seen a ton of Boise St. but look at Titus Young. (You can read about him in the Hot List on the SWDC homepage.) Sounds exactly like what we need.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerrel Jernigan would be sick. I actually wouldn't mind getting a guy like Leonard Hankerson if we pick late in the 1st, he is a straight beast.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame LaMichael James has character issues.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Michael Jenkins has been actually catching balls since his return. I think that makes RB a bigger need. Honestly, all we need is speed on offense. That will just extend our playbook.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-29-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Michael Jenkins has been actually catching balls since his return. I think that puts RB infront of WR.
Indeed. Jenkins has looked pretty good as a #2 (especially considering what a great blocker he is), and with Roddy going from a top 10 WR to probably a top 3 WR, I'm fine with not getting another major factor WR.

If Gonzo leaves, that's certainly something that needs to be addressed early, and I really think we need a RB/WR that can catch some of the dump off passes.

Harry Douglas showed a lot year one and the trend on major knee injuries is that it takes almost two years to get back to full skill level, but I just don't like the idea of counting on him at this point, for this year or next.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

That speed is the next step to making our offense elite, but is it more important than the offensive line? Should we go with the same group next year? Those will be some issues we will have this off-season.

On defense, every level is good but nothing is great. This season we have had the best secondary in years. Credit that to Brent Grimes and William Moore. Grimes covered the #1 WR all the time and didn't allow many easy plays. That's all you can ask of him. Dunta has been pretty much as expected, not worth the money.

Besides safety we can draft anything on defense in the first round.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-29-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Well, I'm pretty sure we've got a few guys from the line hitting FA. Otherwise, I'd be fine with the same line. Everyone outside of Baker has played really well this year. Especially Clabo. (How many times did you hear Clay Matthews name on Sunday?)

I think you are wrong on Dunta. I think he's been very good for the most part. And him being the top dog has certainly had a trickle down effect. While he's not shutdown or anything like that, he's definitely better than what I expected.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure we've got a few guys from the line hitting FA. Otherwise, I'd be fine with the same line. Everyone outside of Baker has played really well this year. Especially Clabo. (How many times did you hear Clay Matthews name on Sunday?)

I think you are wrong on Dunta. I think he's been very good for the most part. And him being the top dog has certainly had a trickle down effect. While he's not shutdown or anything like that, he's definitely better than what I expected.
I agree, adding Dunta helped a ton.. I mean i sue as hell didnt want Grimes and Owens as our starting corners. from what Ive watched and remember he got burned badly once this season against TB.

As for needs, right now Im on board with a top pass rusher, as much as I don;t like Grimes a better pass rush will help. Abe is aging and showing signs of injuries. Kroy, well from everything I loved about him and his motor and effort was all thrown out the window from the past game I just watched from him. Really made me sick and have no idea how a guy with that kind of effort is in the NFL, really made me mad. Aside from that he hasnt lived up to the hype that everyone raved on this offseason. Also our only backups are Davis who has been a good role player and Sidbury who hasnt done anything. So with that said i think a pass rusher is huge.

Also, Jenkins has done great this season, can't as for better production from a #2 who missed that many games. HD has been a disappointment and we really do need some speed, a threat to go to th endzone anytime he touches it. Devin Hester isnt a great WR but once he has the ball on a 3 yard route he's more dangerous than anyone in th league, we need that type of threat.

I like the O-line aside from Baker, we actually drafted some solid players last year as backups and I have high hopes for them, but we really need to start thinking about another LT.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Pass rush is clearly our #1 need. Abraham is aging, and neither Biermann nor Sidbury has stepped up this year. I'd also consider throwing some money at a free agent, although I don't know who will be available (or what the hell is going to happen to free agency this year).

Some speed at WR/RB would definitely be useful, but you can get that undersized guy in the 3rd or 4th.

I think Baker's been fine lately, but still think we should add a lineman in the 2nd or 3rd. A lot will depend on what we do with Dahl and Clabo, and how the staff feel about Reynolds, Johnson, and Hawley. I really like how we have drafted three linemen in the middle rounds when we didn't need them, to give us time to train them up to be ready when we do.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think Biermann has a great motor. The problem there was that he was constantly used and he got really worn out at the end. BVG only rushed 3 men and his DEs got tired running around trying to break free from 2 blockers. They kept getting tossed to the ground.

It was sad to see.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-01-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Biermann has a great motor. The problem there was that he was constantly used and he got really worn out at the end. BVG only rushed 3 men and his DEs got tired running around trying to break free from 2 blockers. They kept getting tossed to the ground.

It was sad to see.
This is true and it was bad to see our D line just get manhandled, but the diff was, Abe actually continued to try even though he was double teamed, sure he didnt produce much but all I ask is that you at least give effort. That is the huge thing we all hated about the play of JA98, just flat out didnt try or at least didnt look like it
Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Oh ya also, of these positions weve mentioned bout DE, CBs, WR/RB speed etc.

Name some guys on these radars and possibly a video link if you all can find some, ill keep my eyes peeled too, just wanna get the names stirring.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Speed:

Titus Young
Jerrel Jernigan

Pass Rush:

Justin Houston
Ryan Kerrigan

I think those guys are late first worthy.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-23-2010, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ok I've been doing some research lately and the guy I really would love for the Falcons to draft is Torrey Smith. He's a WR form Maryland.

He has the speed and hands we are looking for to replace Harry Douglas and also Michael Jenkins. He's like Roddy White for his team. He runs similar routes, same body type, gets thrown to on 3rd and long, and his QB constantly looks for him.

Only problem with drafting a WRL: Will Matt Ryan even bother looking for him? 1st round pick is a huge investment, and Matty Ice is in love with Roddy and Gonzo.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-02-2011, 05:22 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think Falcons are just begging for Ryan Kerrigan to have a terrible Combine so they can take him with their first pick.

How I came to this conclusion?

1. DE is the #1 need

2. Kerrigan is way infront of everyone in grades and attitude.

I researched 20 of the best DEs in the class of 2011. The only research I did was on academics. Kerrigan is far above all, it's amazing how dumb the rest of the group is.

Other possibilities are Cameron Heyward and Jeremy Beal that have a GPA over 3. If you don't see 3 of those guys, we probably won't draft a DE until like the 5th round.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Doubja94
Rookie

Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I think Falcons are just begging for Ryan Kerrigan to have a terrible Combine so they can take him with their first pick.

How I came to this conclusion?

1. DE is the #1 need

2. Kerrigan is way infront of everyone in grades and attitude.

I researched 20 of the best DEs in the class of 2011. The only research I did was on academics. Kerrigan is far above all, it's amazing how dumb the rest of the group is.

Other possibilities are Cameron Heyward and Jeremy Beal that have a GPA over 3. If you don't see 3 of those guys, we probably won't draft a DE until like the 5th round.
What about JJ Watt? Apparently he got a 3.5 GPA this semester according to his twitter. Also his motor is right up there with Kerrigan, seems like a TD pick
Doubja94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Watt is more so a DT and we are loaded w/ them.

Also Bos, I dont see Gonzo coming back next season, especially if we finish the season out on top, I think he'd be content w/ a super bowl and then a nice trip to the Pro Bowl.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubja94 View Post
What about JJ Watt? Apparently he got a 3.5 GPA this semester according to his twitter. Also his motor is right up there with Kerrigan, seems like a TD pick
I actually only checked out seniors. JJ Watt and De'quan Bowers are both good students.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-03-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerrel Jernigan would be sexy in this offense. Right now it's just too easy for teams to say, let's just put everybody on Roddy because we don't have to worry about anybody else.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Doubja94
Rookie

Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I actually only checked out seniors. JJ Watt and De'quan Bowers are both good students.
Another name to throw in is Sam Acho, nice sack numbers and a great student. We could pick him up in the 2nd, maybe the 3rd but I'd dought it
Doubja94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:48 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Ha Bos, the WR from Maryland does remind me alot of How Roddy plays. Still would like Jernigan in the 3rd/4th