Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need Addai or Hart and Collie back. The offense is just too simple with only Garcon, Brown, and Tamme as the primary weapons (other than Wayne who is too slow to beat his double coverage).

Frankly I just don't think we will win in NE. I am surprised the team is 6-3 as it is.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Collie might play but Joe and Hart are still not playing. Our lack of talent on the O-Line is going to be exposed in this one. Garcon needs to come back to reality and start catching the ball since Reggie will be doubled for most of the game. Everyone needs to play awesome for the Colts to have a chance. If the Colts keep it close at halftime, I'll be mildly surprised.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats DL is not that great so I don't think this will be the hardest test for the OL. That said I don't think the Colts have much of a chance in this one.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-21-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do we always find a way to lose against these guys?

We had them!

3 Ints from Peyton REALLY hurt.

I wish we had a running game. I knew that not having Hart or Addai would be a problem. Brown is good for 1 good run per game, but goes down on one-arm tackles almost every time.

D decided to take the whole first half off. Woke up in the 4th quarter.

Last edited by MaxV : 11-21-2010 at 10:34 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite all the negatives, we had the ball inside the Pats 30 under 2 mins to go and win the game. Peyton's hurried throws were the difference. Should the Colts go ahead to win the division and make the playoffs this year, the rematch will for sure be in Pat land. Lack of D for most of the game killed any real chance of winning. Next up, the Chargers who seem to play the colts as well as anyone.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Despite all the negatives, we had the ball inside the Pats 30 under 2 mins to go and win the game. Peyton's hurried throws were the difference. Should the Colts go ahead to win the division and make the playoffs this year, the rematch will for sure be in Pat land. Lack of D for most of the game killed any real chance of winning. Next up, the Chargers who seem to play the colts as well as anyone.
Not so sure about that. If the Jets keep winning the Patriots could be a 5th seed with a great record. As backwards as it is depending on seeding we could host them in the wildcard round.

Regardless this team is not going to win any playoff games on the road and the only reason we still have a shot at the division is because Tennessee and Houston are dysfunctional.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-22-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last 6 games are pretty favourable. If we beat Jacksonville we only really need to win 3 of the other 5. Lose to Jacksonville and we probably need to win all 5. Of the 6 games 2 are against Dallas and Oakland. 4 are at home. The key issues will be when we get our injured players back. Addai, Hart, Collie, Brackett, Session, possibly even Bob Sanders will be back for the Titans game. Just remember that this team, with all the injuries that they have had, was 24 yards away from being 2nd in the AFC and 3rd in NFL.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who is in and who is out for this game?

Please tell me it's not another week of Brown starting.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Sorry Max. And unfortunately Brown was the least of the problems tonight. The entire OL should be fired for their putrid performance this season.

This may be post-loss negativity but I think we should stop trying to win this season, making the playoffs would be counter productive. This team isn't winning anything in the post season. It's time to reload in the offseason and go away from small and fast because it just means injuries and not being able to field a capable team. We have a popgun offense and half the starting defense is out with injury.

I can't even bring myself to be upset at the no-call where Weddle knocked Wayne down and got a pick 6. It wouldn't have mattered.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-28-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, obviously I'm against giving up.

Don't forget about the 2006 season and how terrible our defense played during that regular season.

I'm still hopeful that we can turn it around.

We need to get healthy and fast.

Thankfully, our whole division has been self-destructing, not only us.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Colts have been a team that relies on the draft so much that even one mediocre class puts us in a tough situation.

Unfortunately, Polian has had several mediocre classes in row now. As a result, we have weaknesses in several positions.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of the draft, what's going on with Jerry Hughes? Anything? I didn't like the pick back then, and frankly its looking worse now

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ugoh, Pollak, Gonzo, Brown, etc.

We could've gotten several good players instead of these guys.

It pisses me off.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Speaking of the draft, what's going on with Jerry Hughes? Anything? I didn't like the pick back then, and frankly its looking worse now
He got in on a few plays so far this season. But primarily he has been playing on ST.

I'm hoping he's not a bust, but it wouldn't shock me.

He is a good athlete, but not as explosive as either Freeney or Mathis. Plus he doesn't use his hands to shed blockers anywhere near as well as those 2.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Looking at next year's draft class, I'm really underwhelmed by the prospects at positions that are our biggest needs (OG, OT, DT).

Shane P. Hallam posted an interesting list of underclassmen that might declare. I hope all of them enter the draft.

Among those senior prospects that have a chance to fall to us, I would say that Nate Solder (OT), Demarcus Love (OT), Christian Ballard (DT) and Marcus Cannon (OG) intrigue me the most. Maybe Carimi also, as a Diem replacement at RT, but probably more of 2nd rounder.

I'm a bit iffy on Castonzo.

I love the DE prospects in this draft and a very talented one will probably be there for us. But could we pick a DE 2 years in a row?

Last edited by MaxV : 11-30-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Looking at next year's draft class, I'm really underwhelmed by the prospects at positions that are our biggest needs (OG, OT, DT).

Shane P. Hallam posted an interesting list of underclassmen that might declare. I hope all of them enter the draft.

Among those senior prospects that have a chance to fall to us, I would say that Nate Solder (OT), Demarcus Love (OT), Christian Ballard (DT) and Marcus Cannon (OG) intrigue me the most.

I love the DE prospects in this draft and a very talented one will probably be there for us. But could we pick a DE 2 years in a row?
I doubt it. With Polian any pick is possible but I have a feeling he will take an offensive player this year. My hope would be OLman but a WR or RB would not surprise me. I look at it like this. In 09 the team had problems running the ball and despite people saying it was because of the OL, Polian took a RB. I think this year he will look at the problems in the passing game and say "we need a WR" rather than looking at the OL that isn't giving the passing plays a chance to develop.

Then again this year the team may have a much higher pick. Polian often says he doesn't take OL or DT late in the 1st because the value isn't there.

Really I just never know what the hell Polian is going to do. And I'm not sure how much drafting is really Bill anymore. I think Chris has had more and more to do with it starting in 07.

For what it's worth I liked the Jerry Hughes pick and I still kind of do. I think it made sense at the time. One or both of Freeney and Mathis seem to wear down by the end of the year so it makes sense to have a 3rd guy in there, especially if you have a way to work him into the game as a 3rd pass rusher. But that hasn't happened this year and I don't know if it will. I don't hate the pick but I don't like that he never plays, especially when we see guys like Roger Saffold doing so well and knowing we could've had him and he'd be making an impact right now.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-30-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Oh man, I hope we don't pick a WR or RB in the first again. Not unless it's the next Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh man, I hope we don't pick a WR or RB in the first again. Not unless it's the next Barry Sanders or Jerry Rice.
I don't want one either but I think it will happen.

It figures we will probably have a lower pick in a year when the OL (and DT for that matter) talent is apparently not that great.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-30-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, if all the top guy at our need positions are gone, then I want one of those talented 280+ lbs DE prospects that this draft is full of.

A guy who can help us both against the run as a DE and against the pass as a DT.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, if all the top guy at our need positions are gone, then I want one of those talented 280+ lbs DE prospects that this draft is full of.

A guy who can help us both against the run as a DE and against the pass as a DT.
I agree a pick that takes Keyunta Dawson off the field is a good one.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-05-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back in the dome! :)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We are just falling apart.

MAJOR changed need to be made.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Ugh. Multiple chances to win and yet, we earned the loss today. Time to clean house on the O-Line, cut high round bust draft picks(Gonzo, Brown) and perhaps ponder about booting management and or/coaches. If Chris Polian has been calling the shots for the last two years draft pick wise, I'm not impressed. Caldwell looks lost most of the time though I'm not sure how to distinguish his lost look from his 'I know what's going on' face.

Realize we are down to backups playing key positions on offense, but still this is bad football to watch. O-Line consisting of undrafted scrubs and late draft picks can't move a yugo downhill. Cut Pollak, Devan, Diem, Richard and move Charlie to left guard. Saturday at this point should be a back up though I doubt Peyton would want Jeff gone. Scott in his latest mock has us picking a DT in the 1st which I can't argue with, but our need on the O-Line is much greater. If we have a competent running game, our lack of run stopping talent on D isn't as big of a deal assuming we are playing with the lead most of the time. Time to bring in a whole new line who can run block.

The above said, I'm not sure who the Colts would hire to coach this team. Manning appears to be overwhelmed trying to coach all the back ups. His role in that nature needs to be reduced to where he's just playing his part and not being a full time offensive coordinator. We need a coach who can motivate players but at the same time not freak out at every little thing.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:27 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

RagingColt, I agree with everything you've said, except for moving CJ to guard. He has ZERO run-blocking ability.

Fact of the matter, we are well below-average at every position on the O-line. And big changes need to be made.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think that healthy CJ can play either guard position or RT. He is obviously not healthy, he started the year with I think leg injury and now has a back injury he's playing through. He is miscast at LT but even injured he is better than anyone else on the line. He is the only player I think would be worth keeping next year.

Someone in power on this team needs to stop thinking emotionally. Keeping guys like Saturday and Diem, hiring Fat Dungy for "continuity", etc is hurting the team. The solution for injuries is absolutely NOT putting more responsibility on Manning while the front office tries to ride his coattails to greatness. He's proving that this year, the last few games he looks like he did back in the early 2000s. He's panicking, pushing too hard, making bad decisions, and there's no one that is going to rein him in. It is time to get rid of the ones content to sit back and say things like "As long as we've got #18 throwing the ball, we'll be ok". We need guys, on staff and on the team, that take pride in doing their job and shouldering their responsibility. Manning is just a player, he is not a "coach on the field" or any of that nonsense. A great player, but just a player. It is not his job to run the team.

This organization needs to pull its head out of its ass.

i done stole dis sig