Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
I can't do anything when I'm under pressure! Just ask my girlfriend!
Which one ????

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah my UVA boy makin some money.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
According to ESPN.com it's a six year 48 million dollar deal.
Oh my ******* God. I can't wait until Schaub sucks. David Carr isn't a bad quarterback. People will see that if he gets shipped to a good team.

Last edited by MP123 : 03-22-2007 at 05:16 PM.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping David Carr ends up in Carolina. A team with a pretty good offensive line (especially is Wharton comes back healthy), an incredibly dangerous deep threat in Steve Smith for David Carr to launch the ball to and one of the better all time possession receivers (Keyshawn) in case he wants to check down. Not to mention DeAngelo Williams, Deshaun Foster, Eric Shelton and Nick Goings at RB.

I keep hearing how David Carr takes too long to throw the ball, that he can't read defenses, he doesn't extend his arms when catching the ball, he can't beat the jam, he doesn't get good push while rushing the passer, he doesn't have the recovery speed to catch up with receivers, yadda yadda yadda. Guys, remember once upon Steve Young was a bust for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. A guy who completed 53% of his passes and threw 11 TD's and 21 INT's.

I'd like to see what David Carr can do on a team where he's not getting sacked 347 times before I declare his NFL career dead.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
Oh my ******* God. I can't wait until Schaub sucks. David Carr isn't a bad quarterback. People will see that if he gets shipped to a good team.
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I SAY. I see a good QB in him with a crap O-LINE

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Yeah my UVA boy makin some money.
Al Groh must be proud!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I SAY. I see a good QB in him with a crap O-LINE
He completed 68.3% of his passes 11 tds and 12 ints. If that's what he can do in Houston, then he can do hella good on a good team. And after they signed Schaub for $48 million, I officially lost all respect I had for the organization.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you gonna say when the rookie QBs get 60+ deal? Him getting that money is no different than those guys.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
What are you gonna say when the rookie QBs get 60+ deal? Him getting that money is no different than those guys.
thts a good point

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im pretty excited to watch shuab next year.... i think he can suceed

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I disagree with you there. This guy was picked in the 3rd round. It's different from a 1st overall pick qb. You expect a first rounder to be a franchise guy and they show in college they can be a franchise guy. Schaub obviously didn't show that in college or else he'd of been a first rounder. And also, if you think Schab is worth $48 million, then you must think Garrard is worth $48 million. Garrard played well when he had to fill in. Then they'd both be highly overpaid.

Last edited by MP123 : 03-22-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
omecool20

I am amazed by this deal. He is not even a proven starting qb. The Texans are taking a huge gamble on this one. They have to settle on the o-line first. Even Peyton cannot survive behind the current Texans o-line.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Carr sucks. He has decent stats, but thats cause he never throws the ball more then 5 yards at a time.

If you actually watch the guy play, he sucks
Old 03-22-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree with you there. This guy was picked in the 3rd round. It's different from a 1st overall pick qb. You expect a first rounder to be a franchise guy and they show in college they can be a franchise guy. Schaub obviously didn't show that in college or else he'd of been a first rounder. And also, if you think Schab is worth $48 million, then you must think Garrard is worth $48 million. Garrard played well when he had to fill in. Then they'd both be highly overpaid.
Schab is younger have still has alot more Potential than what garrard has shown. Schab actually fell a little bit more than most thought he would, he also fits the offense that the Texans are running now. Yes they gave him alot of money, but who didn't get a huge contract this season??

Old 03-22-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
He completed 68.3% of his passes 11 tds and 12 ints. If that's what he can do in Houston, then he can do hella good on a good team. And after they signed Schaub for $48 million, I officially lost all respect I had for the organization.
ALL he did last season was check down to RB, never looking deep and taking a chance, also he has a VERY slow release, he just stands there hanging on to the ball way to long in the pocket.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and at the same time shaubs proved more in the NFL than guys liek quinn or russell. The texans are looking at shaub as a franchise QB just like a team drafting a first round QB would view that player. Whats the difference? r u saying he shouldn't get a big contract because he went in the 3rd round because im pretty sure Tom Brady went in the 5th round do u think he doesnt deserve the contract he got?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
THIZZorDIE
Veteran

THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.THIZZorDIE is a cocksman.

It'll be funny if they draft Levi Jones. They trade for a new QB, and give him a LT, the LT Carr never had. Whether you like one QB over the other, it sounds like a raw deal for Carr. They could've fixed the one certain problem they had in the OL years ago. They at least need an insurance policy for this new era and QB though...
THIZZorDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
and at the same time shaubs proved more in the NFL than guys liek quinn or russell. The texans are looking at shaub as a franchise QB just like a team drafting a first round QB would view that player. Whats the difference? r u saying he shouldn't get a big contract because he went in the 3rd round because im pretty sure Tom Brady went in the 5th round do u think he doesnt deserve the contract he got?
Tom Brady is worth every penny. He has proved himself time and time again out on the field. Schaub hasn't even played a full season. The Texans obviously don't have a lot of confidence in him if they only gave him a $7 million bonus.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With a <6.3 YPA, close to that of Vince Young's. The year before that had went UNDER 6 yards per attempt.

Also, for that poster with the ringing endorsements for Schaub from the Falcons - yeah, like they'd say "well, we don't like him THAT much, but two seconds and a 1st please" :).
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he's worth the money he's more mobile than David Carr, he gonna win more games than Carr and have better stats.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Schaub will have fun behind that great Houston Texan line.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by turninandburnin1 View Post
Schaub will have fun behind that great Houston Texan line.
I'm gonna lmao when he's running for his life.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom Brady is worth every penny. He has proved himself time and time again out on the field. Schaub hasn't even played a full season. The Texans obviously don't have a lot of confidence in him if they only gave him a $7 million bonus.

or mayb they were able to get him signed with only a 7 million dollar bonus i dont blame them for not giving more money then they need