Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Bewt QB to WR/TE Connection
Romo to Austen 1 5.26%
Romo to Dez 0 0%
Romo to Witten 1 5.26%
Vick to Maclin 1 5.26%
Vick to Djax 11 57.89%
Eli to Nicks 5 26.32%
Eli to Steve Smith 2.0 0 0%
McNabb to Santana Moss 0 0%
McNabb to ... 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Poll: Best QB-WR/TE connection

Vote, vote, vote.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:52 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummmm....where's the poll?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Ummmm....where's the poll?
patience, my man, patience.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-18-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Vick to Action Jackson, because I love the player Vick has become and with Michaels Arm and his legs paired with Desauns blow by speed...well good luck game planning against that.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Eli and Nicks is just more versatile. Vick to Djax means big plays galore, but Eli to Nicks has been prolific as well. Meanwhile Eli to Nicks hook up all over the field while Vick only really throws to Desean when he's going deep. I love how explosive the two them are, but I'd rather have the guys who'll beat you up and down the field and then tear you up deep just to top off the destruction.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-30-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Eli and Nicks is just more versatile. Vick to Djax means big plays galore, but Eli to Nicks has been prolific as well. Meanwhile Eli to Nicks hook up all over the field while Vick only really throws to Desean when he's going deep. I love how explosive the two them are, but I'd rather have the guys who'll beat you up and down the field and then tear you up deep just to top off the destruction.
Vick's got a nearly-perfect passer rating when he throws to Jackson. I'm going to guess they can do more than throw deep.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Vick's got a nearly-perfect passer rating when he throws to Jackson. I'm going to guess they can do more than throw deep.
No doubt, but Eli to Nicks excel in all facets in areas. Vick and Djax are clearly at their best when they connect deep.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, I'd say its a tie between Vick/Jax and Romo/Austin

In the future, I think its going to be Romo/Dez.

I like the Eli to Nicks connection, but come on....that connection isn't explosive enough to be the best. Not yet at least.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I like the Eli to Nicks connection, but come on....that connection isn't explosive enough to be the best. Not yet at least.
I understand why you'd say that but look at the big plays and TDs they were putting up. That's very explosive and with Nicks' ability to run after the catch it's certainly an explosive connection.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea why Romo to Dez is even on the list, and for the Skins I guess if you are looking for a second guy it would be Anthony Armstrong who is Donovan's poor man's version of Djax. They hook up for a big play almost every week and the reason why Donovan is #1 in the NFL in 40+yard passes or something like that.
As far as who I went with I went with Vick to Maclin. Djax is definitely the deep threat but I think Maclin is the guy he looks to more and isn't as 1 dimensional as Jackson. Could have easily gone Eli to either Nicks or Smith but it was too hard to decide as Smith is Eli's consistent target but Nicks is the big play guy. Maclin is kind of the guy who can do either pretty good. Vick and Avant also seem to have a pretty decent repoire. I think the Romo to Austin connection weakens next year with the emergence of Dez and the fact that I think the Cowboys will go back to running the ball more next year to ease the pressure on Romo.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 12-01-2010 at 02:43 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah but that's not part of our system. We don't focus on one single player. When you have variety and versatility that we do, everyone will get fed. Nicks will do well, but we are still a running team, who passes to anyone and everyone.

I don't see Nicks being as explosive as he could be in another system in our system. Our system is what it is.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Yeah but that's not part of our system. We don't focus on one single player. When you have variety and versatility that we do, everyone will get fed. Nicks will do well, but we are still a running team, who passes to anyone and everyone.

I don't see Nicks being as explosive as he could be in another system in our system. Our system is what it is.
I dunno, Nicks is a smart dude, if he masters the system he could be unstoppable if he's readying his options right, he's the deadliest guy with the ball in his hands we've had in a long time, and he does phenomenal at going after the ball.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno, Nicks is a smart dude, if he masters the system he could be unstoppable if he's readying his options right, he's the deadliest guy with the ball in his hands we've had in a long time, and he does phenomenal at going after the ball.
Yeah but sometimes I think how good our system would be without so many choice and option routes. That's why you see QBs with 4 Tds and such, and for us it's a big accomplishment to get Eli 3 Tds in a game. This system is VERY complex, AND our system isn't in the least bit QB friendly.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
and for the Skins I guess if you are looking for a second guy it would be Anthony Armstrong who is Donovan's poor man's version of Djax. They hook up for a big play almost every week and the reason why Donovan is #1 in the NFL in 40+yard passes or something like that. .
Btw I'm a very big Anthony Armstrong fan. Dude went to HS right down the street from mine and played against him, and he went to play Arena ball for the Dallas Desperados and was a beast out there. I knew it was only a matter of time before he got his shot because he really does have a good understanding for the WR position. I thought his limit was a slot guy but he's proved to be a very good #2 guy.

On the topic, I would vote right now Romo-Austin and if that makes me a homer so be it :) Austin had an incredible season with Romo throwing him the ball and his numbers over his first 16 starts were ridiculous. I like Vick to Desean a ton though, and Eli-Nicks also. Just not better just yet IMO, and Austins' numbers put up a pretty good argument for when Romo is at QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo to Witten and it isn't even close when Romo is healthy.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Romo to Witten and it isn't even close when Romo is healthy.
I think that's pretty ludicrous to say that it isn't even close. A connection isn't just based on pure volume of catches. You have to factor in dynamic plays. Of course Witten will get more looks because he's the check down guy. Now Romo to Witten is a top combo but not in my top 3. I mean even he and Kitna have been connecting frequently when he isn't forced to pass block.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me, or is Witten losing a step?
Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
I agree with this. He's still sure hands and tough as hell to bring down but he isn't the same field stretcher that he used to be. And while a lot of the #'s decline has to do with the QB change and being asked to block more I do believe he's declined a bit in terms of big play ability, but not nearly the decline as say a Tony Gonzalez. I'd probably say Celek is the most explosive TE in the division now. In terms of overall Witten is #1, Boss and Celek tied #2, and #4 Fred Davis who I prefer to Cooley but that's personal preferrence, neither has been consistent.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I agree with this. He's still sure hands and tough as hell to bring down but he isn't the same field stretcher that he used to be. And while a lot of the #'s decline has to do with the QB change and being asked to block more I do believe he's declined a bit in terms of big play ability, but not nearly the decline as say a Tony Gonzalez. I'd probably say Celek is the most explosive TE in the division now. In terms of overall Witten is #1, Boss and Celek tied #2, and #4 Fred Davis who I prefer to Cooley but that's personal preferrence, neither has been consistent.
Id say Boss is the worst of the bunch. He's reliable and smart, and tough, but he's the slowest mofo ever.

Dude probably runs a 6 second 40. He's painfully slow. I'll take Celek, Cooley and Davis all over Boss.

Hell, if Bennett ever gets his **** together, him too.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that's pretty ludicrous to say that it isn't even close. A connection isn't just based on pure volume of catches. You have to factor in dynamic plays. Of course Witten will get more looks because he's the check down guy. Now Romo to Witten is a top combo but not in my top 3. I mean even he and Kitna have been connecting frequently when he isn't forced to pass block.
Of this list I would say Witten is the only likely HOF caliber player. The QBs are pretty much a wash across the board.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really think Witten has lost a step to be honest, I mean the dude was never Jermichael Finley or Vernon Davis to begin with. He's averaged 11ypc from 2004-2009 consistently, other then his rookie season which was 9.9, this season he's a 10.8 and will reach 11 again.

He had a 69 yard reception in 2009, a 53 yarder in 2007, but other then that every catch has been under 50 yards. He's about to have his most TD's in 3 years, and now that he's being asked to catch the ball more he's producing his typical 10 catch 100 yard games.

From just what I've noticed he's been roughly the same, he's never been just lining up in the slot burning past CB's for 60 yards or doing jump balls on the other side of the field.

In fact, Witten has only had two seasons over 90 receptions and two seasons over 1000 yards, as well as 1 season over 6 TD's. He has a chance to still eclipse all those marks this year which says alot considering how the entire offense fell apart for a brief time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:

Still think that after tonight..?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'm shocked at how average Cooley has been. Coming into the season I thought he was poised for a career year. Mcnabb has always had a big connection with his TE's all the way from Chad Lewis to Brent Celek, not to mention when you think Shanny offense your first thought is probably Shannon Sharpe. Yeah part of it is that our oline is horrendous so Cooley has to be an in line blocker more and Mcnabb rarely has time to let the secondary routes develop but still Mcanbb is on pace for the most passing yards of his career yet Cooley has yet to have a breakout game. He just looks so much slower and looks like he's giving zero effort. What a shame.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Still think that after tonight..?
Thought it was a silly statement even before that game. Witten by the fairest of metrics, PFF, is considered the best combination TE in the game. Witten leads the team over the last three games with 22 catches and three touchdowns. He leads all tight ends and is 6th overall in the league with 72 receptions on the season, and is second of all TE's in yardage with 771. Additionally factor in that's only the 'stat' part of the game and not including his blocking ability... all with Kitna at the helm.

@On Topic

Is this for *this* season only? Vick/Djax
Talent when fully healthy? Romo/Austin
Most Dependable? Romo / Witten
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Witten will always have his numbers bc he knows how to get open. He's like Tony G in that sense.

I was referring to his overall speed. Even for Witten's standards, he's been slower this year.