Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Al Wilson(DEN) to Giants?

www.rotoworld.com wire:

Quote:
Al Wilson-LB- Broncos Mar. 22 - 7:20 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Giants and Broncos are in trade talks involving middle linebacker Al Wilson.
The Eagles, Lions, and Redskins (before they signed London Fletcher) have also reportedly been involved in talks regarding Wilson. We suspect Wilson would stay in the middle and New York would move Antonio Pierce over to weak-side linebacker if the sides can strike a deal.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20 View Post
What would the Giants have to give up? Wilson's gonna be 30, so he's got very few good years left.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, saw this on NFL Network, it's not that the Broncos don't want him, according to Schefter on the show they just can't afford him, and if they get a reasonable draft pick this can work out for both sides. Must suck for the Broncos to lose their leader and pro bowler on defense though. (Although they still have Lynch and Bailey)
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

furious... absolutely furious... YOU. DONT. TRADE. AL. WILSON. EVER!!!!!!

he is the heart of our Defence and has another 4 great years left. if this goes through i may never forgive shannahan. this is disgusting.

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

would def. complete the NYG LB CORPS.

Pierce + Arrington + Wilson = Force to be reckoned with

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
would def. complete the NYG LB CORPS.

Pierce + Arrington + Wilson = Force to be reckoned with

They cut lavar buddy
Old 03-22-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
They cut lavar buddy
I like that shutdown, you got yourself some rep sir.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
They cut lavar buddy
O DAMN, well i like the Philly Eagles so thats good anyways.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3projectPAT6 View Post

he is the heart of our Defence and has another 4 great years left. if this goes through i may never forgive shannahan. this is disgusting.
QFT. He is the heart and soul of the defense. Him and Lynch are the vocal leaders, but Lynch won't be around much longer, we need to keep Wilson. If we trade Wilson, the Giants may instantly become my second favourite team. I'm already an "Eli fangirl" cuz I think he needs some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
QFT. He is the heart and soul of the defense. Him and Lynch are the vocal leaders, but Lynch won't be around much longer, we need to keep Wilson. If we trade Wilson, the Giants may instantly become my second favourite team. I'm already an "Eli fangirl" cuz I think he needs some time.
Adam said something about his 5.2 (might be off by a bit) contract being too much, and that he is a cap casualty to the team. It's not that they don't want him, they can't afford him from what I hear. Still a big mistake if you ask me.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

While I don't like the idea of losing our defensive leader, it would give DJ Williams the chance to escape the wasteland of the strong side, a position that is not entirely suited to his talents. Shanny thought highly enough of him to move up in the draft, so perhaps it's time for him to step up.

Anyway, I think it could work out well for both teams, depending on what the Giants are willing/able to offer.

Last edited by Diehard : 03-22-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I don't know how well Pierce would be at OLB. He is already proven at MLB, why not build around him.

And LOL @ the guy who thought LaVar will be playing football, let alone starting somewhere, next year
Old 03-22-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
They cut lavar buddy
LOLwned, 21ST For the win.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would b strongly against that- Wilson is a great player but the fact is hes about 30 years old and we need to get younger on defense. Pierce is a proven guy and we should build up a strong LB corp around him not move the best part of it

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
While I don't like the idea of losing our defensive leader, it would give DJ Williams the chance to escape the wasteland of the strong side, a position that is not entirely suited to his talents. Shanny thought highly enough of him to move up in the draft, so perhaps it's time for him to step up.

Anyway, I think it could work out well for both teams, depending on what the Giants are willing/able to offer.
I think the move that will get DJ out of SAM is getting rid of Gold. I think Williams is a better Will then ILB, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he comes to Philly but Peirce IMO can't play on the outside. He won't be able to cover an athletic TE.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I have some info for you guys-

The Broncos are interested in DE Justin Tuck in this deal, maybe a late round draft pick in addition. This would be more of a salary cap move than a football move. Corey Webster's name is also being thrown around along with William Joseph.

Wilson would likely br brought in to play SLB as he is better suited to make the change to the outside than Pierce is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

shanhan wtf is wrong with you? are u ****ing serious?? what are you thinking bringing in Dre bly, daniel graham and spending all of this ****ing money you dont have. and now that we are here "oops! wait we need more cap room lets trade the heart and soul of our defence for a bunch luxury players"

we have sheftler, we dont NEED graham. we have foxworth and the draft we dont NEED dre bly.

WE ****ING NEED AL WILSON!! WE DONT EVEN HAVE A SUITABLE BACK UP!!!

i will personally lead the charge for shanahans head, if al wilson goes then shanahan and sunquist need to go.

Sig byDLS42
Old 03-22-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go get him Millen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Go get him Millen.
I found this strangely funny.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
shanhan wtf is wrong with you? are u ****ing serious?? what are you thinking bringing in Dre bly, daniel graham and spending all of this ****ing money you dont have. and now that we are here "oops! wait we need more cap room lets trade the heart and soul of our defence for a bunch luxury players"

we have sheftler, we dont NEED graham. we have foxworth and the draft we dont NEED dre bly.

WE ****ING NEED AL WILSON!! WE DONT EVEN HAVE A SUITABLE BACK UP!!!

i will personally lead the charge for shanahans head, if al wilson goes then shanahan and sunquist need to go.
Shannahan is the Broncos. Before him they were just lovable losers.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I found this strangely funny.
So did I. I think it has to do with the picture of him below.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

i am aware of this, ive been a broncos fan since the day i was born. But as the saying goes "what have you done for me lately?"

Ive been a shanahans support all the way up to this point as well. but the trading of al wilson for merely cap relief is unforgivable. esspecially given how careless he has been this offseason spending money he obviously didnt have. We havnt picked up a single need this offseason. only wants. Shanahan isnt the the broncos. Al Wilson is the broncos.

Sig byDLS42

Last edited by 3projectPAT6 : 03-22-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

i don't see this happening so I wouldn't get too worked up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
i don't see this happening so I wouldn't get too worked up.
I agree. The Broncos can't really trade Al Wilson at this point. He's the stud MLB and leader of a defense that every team looks for, so it would be stupid for them to trade him.