Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
BTW the guy responsible for the Hillis, Brown, and Gocong acquisitions is Tom Heckert, the ex-Eagles GM who was hired by Mike Homlgren this offseason.

Heckert clearly had his fingerprints all over the Haden and Ward picks, too. Typical Heckert DBs - tough & physical even if they are lacking elite speed.
I dont know what the knock on Haden's speed is all about because the guy is fast as hell and extremely quick and shifty... I would rather have him back on kick returns and punt returns currently over Cribbs... He hasn't been the same this year with his ankle injury.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
BTW the guy responsible for the Hillis, Brown, and Gocong acquisitions is Tom Heckert, the ex-Eagles GM who was hired by Mike Homlgren this offseason.

Heckert clearly had his fingerprints all over the Haden and Ward picks, too. Typical Heckert DBs - tough & physical even if they are lacking elite speed.
Heckert has been a good GM thus far, but while he actually acquired Hillis this year, Eric Mangini wanted him last year.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I remember Dwight Lowry bing pretty friggin good under Mangini.
Lol, you mean the year Ty Law walked in off the street and took his job?
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Lol, you mean the year Ty Law walked in off the street and took his job?
The Jets brought in Law because they were thin and he was familiar. The Jets were making a playoff run and while he was playing pretty solid ball, Lowery was a rookie.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I dont know what the knock on Haden's speed is all about because the guy is fast as hell and extremely quick and shifty... I would rather have him back on kick returns and punt returns currently over Cribbs... He hasn't been the same this year with his ankle injury.
I tried ******* telling people this leading up to the draft. The Florida coaches regarded him as their second best athlete, behind only Harvin. You could clearly see him ******* up his starts on the 40 at the combine, which lead to the slower times.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I tried ******* telling people this leading up to the draft. The Florida coaches regarded him as their second best athlete, behind only Harvin. You could clearly see him ******* up his starts on the 40 at the combine, which lead to the slower times.
He was also dealing with a back injury at the combine, but the combine is law. Nevermind actually watching the dude play.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Yeah. I don't think he was a good technical 40 runner. Thing that really hurt him wasn't the 40 time, it was everyone knowing he would run a bad time for about a month.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah. I don't think he was a good technical 40 runner. Thing that really hurt him wasn't the 40 time, it was everyone knowing he would run a bad time for about a month.
I dont think anything really hurt him he was a cornerback that got drafted 7th overall.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Favre probably get pulled if Mangini had it his way though.
And start who?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
And start who?
Clemens, or whoever, it wouldn't matter. Rusty Smith would have been an improvement over how Favre was playing at the end of that season.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Clemens, or whoever, it wouldn't matter. Rusty Smith would have been an improvement over how Favre was playing at the end of that season.
There is a reason Clemens is currently third on the Jets depth chart right now.

With 5 games remaining, I don't know at what point you would have sat Favre. His play until that point was a major reason the Jets were 8-3 and beat the Patriots in OT / beat the 10-0 Titans.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont think anything really hurt him he was a cornerback that got drafted 7th overall.
Talking more perception wise than reality wise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote