Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Francouer is close to signing with KC. What a surprise that is.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
But with defense!!!
A mentally challenged monkey with a glove taped to his hand can put forth better effort on D than Dunn

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Konerko re-signs with the White Sox officially: 3 years, $37.5 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ml...ory?id=5898322
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Dayton Moore just needs to be a scouting director. He shouldn't be allowed to make trades or sign FA's.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
A mentally challenged monkey with a glove taped to his hand can put forth better effort on D than Dunn
And I laugh when the White Sox told him that they brought him in to play 1B to replace Konerko, and if they happened to sign Konerko then they will make him DH. It's like they didn't even make their top goal to resign Konerko and sign Dunn to DH, they honestly were fine with letting Konerko walk for Dunn. It's all a moot point now, but damn, Kenny Williams is some kind of special.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone watch that show on the White Sox that aired on MLB Network? If so, what was your perception of Williams after watching?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Dayton Moore just needs to be a scouting director. He shouldn't be allowed to make trades or sign FA's.
He must not have been watching the playoffs. Francouer was atrocious.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He must not have been watching the playoffs. Francouer was atrocious.
Nevermind the playoffs. Francouer has been atrocious for about 4 years now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...0-150-million/

Yankees to offer 6 years, $140-150M. Is that beatable?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
saw that coming 1 billion miles away
Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...0-150-million/

Yankees to offer 6 years, $140-150M. Is that beatable?
Yes, especially if he enjoys keeping his soul.

I would say the Cubs should offer, but we are supposedly in talks to acquire Matt Garza, so who needs Cliff Lee?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

I would say the Cubs should offer, but we are supposedly in talks to acquire Matt Garza, so who needs Cliff Lee?
I've always liked Garza as a playoff pitcher. He always seems to raise his game in the post season. Not to shabby during the season either. It will be interesting to see where he ends up if he is traded.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Whichever team wants to make it to the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Will Cliff Lee be good for 7 years?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Garza would be a very nice addition to an NL team. I was hoping the Mets would make a run at him or Shields. I think the Marcum trade has gone under the radar a little bit. I like Lowrie but I think Marcum has a very good chance to put up huge numbers for the Brewers. I'm assuming a Garza trade would have to net something similar in return.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I highly doubt it but he was a late bloomer so anything is possible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Garza would be a very nice addition to an NL team. I was hoping the Mets would make a run at him or Shields. I think the Marcum trade has gone under the radar a little bit. I like Lowrie but I think Marcum has a very good chance to put up huge numbers for the Brewers. I'm assuming a Garza trade would have to net something similar in return.
Supposedly it centers around the Cubs being able to include Fukudome in the deal somehow. No idea on what other pieces.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-08-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
saw that coming 1 billion miles away
What's the view look like from 6 galaxies over?
Old 12-08-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's hard to see. He's the type of pitcher that ages very well though, usually. Think he can play for another seven, but I doubt he would be worth the money after four or even three.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt he's worth the 7th year. The Yankees seem to be putting their foot down at 6 years, and would rather way overpay per year for 6 years than give him the 7th.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MOTH, Brave fans, or anyone in general, what is the status of Brandon Beachy? Will he be in the rotation? Will he be in the bullpen? Or will he be in a similar situation that Chris Resop was in?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Xio said Jackson is the best defensive center fielder baseball. He's not as good as Franklin Gutierrez, but he is up there.
Yes, that's what I meant. I subtracted the 'defensive' for some reason. Clearly he is no where close to be the best overall center fielder in baseball. Gutierrez I would certainly take over Jackson, in addition to guys like Byrd, Bourn, and Span. I'm bias, and he didn't play CF all year, but Angel Pagan is also an amazing center fielder.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
What's the view look like from 6 galaxies over?
not too shabby.I highly reccomed visiting sometime
Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yes, that's what I meant. I subtracted the 'defensive' for some reason. Clearly he is no where close to be the best overall center fielder in baseball. Gutierrez I would certainly take over Jackson, in addition to guys like Byrd, Bourn, and Span. I'm bias, and he didn't play CF all year, but Angel Pagan is also an amazing center fielder.

Span kinda sucked in the field last year, and is a much better corner outfielder than centerfielder. His UZR was solid but he makes too many mental errors.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MOTH, Brave fans, or anyone in general, what is the status of Brandon Beachy? Will he be in the rotation? Will he be in the bullpen? Or will he be in a similar situation that Chris Resop was in?
As it stands now...Bullpen or AAA. We already have Lowe, Hudson, Hanson, Minor, and Jurrjens in the rotation. He's the odd man out and the Braves are apparently shopping him. So assuming we dont trade Lowe, he wont be in the rotation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote