Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
The Blaze is quite the force to be reckoned with. And, yes, Lawrie is a giant douche haha
Yeah, we had the same regular season record as them, but we beat them 3 out of 4 on the season so we won the league. They were very talented. I play with a ton of guys that are from B.C. that played with him and against him as well and they all said hes a douche too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yeah, we had the same regular season record as them, but we beat them 3 out of 4 on the season so we won the league. They were very talented. I play with a ton of guys that are from B.C. that played with him and against him as well and they all said hes a douche too.
What team did you play for? You know Terrence Dayleg?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Gotta love the fact we're spending the way we are. Last season was miserable at times and if we're going to compete with the Yankees these are the moves we have to make. Ratings were at an all time low last year too, so they must have took notice of that.

Really hope we can find a way to flip Ellsbury and some prospects for a right handed hitter to put somewhere in our offense because we're waaaay too left handed and we're going to have to deal with Sabathia and Cliff Lee(probably) for year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did the Twins trade JJ Hardy for nothing relievers?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Because we have the shortstop version of Ichiro coming over!
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Because we have the shortstop version of Ichiro coming over!
He is not a shortstop.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I liked Jacobson, as I'm sure you did before we unloaded Aubrey Huff on you.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I liked Jacobson, as I'm sure you did before we unloaded Aubrey Huff on you.
Eh, he's a 24 year old reliever who's never been above High A. He's a nothing prospect to me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These deals are ridiculous. I'm sure Gonzalez will get something crazy on the BoSox.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Ellsbury (L)
2. Pedroia (R)
3. Crawford (L)
4. Youkilis (R)
5. Gonzalez (L)
6. Ortiz (L)
7. Drew (L)
8. Scutaro (R)
9. Saltalamacchia (S)

What will their lineup look like?

Can Crawford bat leadoff? Gonzo should bat 3rd, no?

I think I'd like this better...

1 - Crawford
2 - Pedroia
3 - Gonzalez
4 - Youk
5 - Ortiz
6 - Drew
7 - Scutoro
8 - Salty
9 - Ellsbury
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:31 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

haha read the 1st comment at the end

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:32 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
1. Ellsbury (L)
2. Pedroia (R)
3. Crawford (L)
4. Youkilis (R)
5. Gonzalez (L)
6. Ortiz (L)
7. Drew (L)
8. Scutaro (R)
9. Saltalamacchia (S)

1 - Crawford
2 - Pedroia
3 - Gonzalez
4 - Youk
5 - Ortiz
6 - Drew
7 - Scutoro
8 - Salty
9 - Ellsbury
******* dangerous.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:29 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go big or go home Boston. Take Beltran from us too.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, thank you on Beltran unless the Mets pay a majority of his salary.

Priority for the BoSox for the remainding offseason would be upgrading

1-Bullpen
2-RH Power bat
3-A defensive catcher (Don't care if he has an sub-700 OPS)

Nalej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh lost Kontos in the Rule V.

Overall not a huge deal, but between McAllister and him, we've lost my favorite two prospects in the last half season.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
1. Ellsbury (L)
2. Pedroia (R)
3. Crawford (L)
4. Youkilis (R)
5. Gonzalez (L)
6. Ortiz (L)
7. Drew (L)
8. Scutaro (R)
9. Saltalamacchia (S)

1 - Crawford
2 - Pedroia
3 - Gonzalez
4 - Youk
5 - Ortiz
6 - Drew
7 - Scutoro
8 - Salty
9 - Ellsbury
Heard an interesting one today

1- Ellsbury
2- Pedroia
3- Gonzalez
4- Youk
5- Crawford
6- Scutaro/Lowrie
7- Ortiz
8- Salty
9- Drew

Looks weird right? Well, we get to preserve the Lefty/Righty thing that Francona has shown in the past is a very, very big deal to him. We get Crawford doing two things he does very well, driving in runs and essentially resetting the lineup. Only real sucky thing with that is that we have to hit Scutaro 6th, and he's a real below average bat. But I would much rather have a guy like him hitting there there instead of a high strikeout guy.

But yeah, very interesting stuff. I like the first lineup better than any of the others as it stands right now. I think Ellsbury might be sent packing somewhere to get a right handed bat, perhaps Beltran.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets did a good job in getting Brad Emaus and Pedro Beato in the Rule V. Emaus will probably compete for our 2nd base opening.

Also, Lee should send a thank you card to Crawford. As soon as he signed the Yankees offered Lee a 7th year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea well now the Yankees need to get lee to counter Crawford and gonzo. Lee, cc, Hughes, Andy and aj could be a nice rotation... Especially if aj stops being a headcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dayton Moore is about to sign Melky. hahaha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melky and Francouer in one offseason. Just wow.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Melky and Francouer in one offseason. Just wow.
The Royals are making moves with powerful intentions!
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mets did a good job in getting Brad Emaus and Pedro Beato in the Rule V. Emaus will probably compete for our 2nd base opening.

Also, Lee should send a thank you card to Crawford. As soon as he signed the Yankees offered Lee a 7th year.

I'm very happy with Beato.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Beato has a good shot of making our bullpen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Beato has a good shot of making our bullpen.

Yup, and he's a two pitch pitcher and his stuff still might be improving.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yup, and he's a two pitch pitcher and his stuff still might be improving.
I know what we're doing isn't "sexy" and the idiot fans will be rebelling soon but it's a really warm and nice feeling to have smart management. Too bad the media has their heads up the Yankees asses so much that they have to knock anything that the Mets do. You also have the jackass fans who want us to spend more money on names yet that's what got us here in the first place with the likes of K-Rod, Bay, Wagner, and so on.

sig by BoneKrusher