Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Chris Petersen's first year was the year they shocked OU....that coaching change didnt set them back.

Petersen isnt goin to UF.
Props on completely missing the point.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many recruits will they lose and players to the draft now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
GatorsBullsFan
Rookie

GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan GatorsBullsFan

I like Charlie Strong or Dan Mullen...those are the guys we need

Thanks BoneKrusher
IN SHAD WE TRUST
GatorsBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about recruiting. The Florida brand does most of the work. You just have to be a willing recruiter, not necessarily a great one there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Steve Spurrier a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
How many recruits will they lose and players to the draft now?
It's a worthy question, but surprisingly I'm not sure how many Junior prospects Florida really has. Consider that they just went 7-5, so nobody looks particularly great.

Janoris Jenkins should declare, but that was the case before Urban retired too.

Will Hill could declare, probably a 2-4 round guy right now.

Not a Florida fan, but besides that I can't think of anyone who wouldn't be taking a huge risk in declaring.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can say that Chris Peterson does what he does without getting the recruits that all the big programs did, he he were to continue the way he coaches with elite recruits that he would be able to get at Florida? It would be scary....

Dont see Peterson leaving though.
People said the same thing about Rich Rodriguez, yet he still recruits the same kids at Michigan he did at WVU. I'm not saying Peterson isn't a great coach, but don't assume that he's automatically going to get or even go after elite recruits just because he moves up to a better job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
People said the same thing about Rich Rodriguez, yet he still recruits the same kids at Michigan he did at WVU. I'm not saying Peterson isn't a great coach, but don't assume that he's automatically going to get or even go after elite recruits just because he moves up to a better job.
Peterson is brilliant. Rodriguez is not and was not even at West Virginia.

West Virginia never played much defense. Boise State's defense this year was arguably better than its offense.

Peterson will dominate wherever he goes. He is just a fantastic coach.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I like Charlie Strong or Dan Mullen...those are the guys we need
I'm a big fan of Dan Mullen, but he seems pretty happy in Starkville. That could definitely change, but that is the vibe coming from him right now.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Peterson is brilliant. Rodriguez is not and was not even at West Virginia.

West Virginia never played much defense. Boise State's defense this year was arguably better than its offense.

Peterson will dominate wherever he goes. He is just a fantastic coach.
I'm not arguing that Rodriguez was ever a genius. I hated the hire when it happened. I'm just saying people shouldn't assume that when a guy steps up to a better job that he automatically recruits like he should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like BF said, Janoris is probably gone, and that was the case with or without Meyer.

Like I said in the Hill thread, he could declare if he sees less playing time in his future. It's a possibility, because he was completely invisible this year. He'd be drafted 100% on potential, because he showed absolutely nothing in an expanded role this year.

I think Demps is a lock to declare. His biggest issue is size and staying for another year isn't going to make him any bigger. Rainey's a maybe because of his off-field concerns. He might want to rehab his image for a year and try to stay healthy.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now it looks more likely to be Stoops, and he apparently skipped his evening presser. A lot of rumors, I'm not sure how many are true.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Props on completely missing the point.
i didnt mean to quote your message, i wanted to quote Giantsfan....

my bad bro....jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i didnt mean to quote your message, i wanted to quote Giantsfan....

my bad bro....jesus
Words mean things.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stoops is all but done to UF from what I can tell.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Stoops is all but done to UF from what I can tell.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

And the source providing me this info... says Stoops will receive the largest college head coaching contract ever. And it will be over the duration of 10 years. This sounds almost too rediculous, though.

But no sarcasm on the Stoops part. He should be Florida's HC soon. If he's not by Tuesday, enter Petersen.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And the source providing me this info... says Stoops will receive the largest college head coaching contract ever. And it will be over the duration of 10 years. This sounds almost too rediculous, though.

But no sarcasm on the Stoops part. He should be Florida's HC soon. If he's not by Tuesday, enter Petersen.
Do you actually have a personal source, or is this a fancy way of saying, "the forum I'm lifting this from is saying..."?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Do you actually have a personal source, or is this a fancy way of saying, "the forum I'm lifting this from is saying..."?
Somewhat both... it's a private insider forum of about 25 people, I don't want to really reveal sources for their sakes, but there's at least 2 Bull Gators and 2 guys inside the program. And apparently Trey Burton is supposed to get an account. I'm not sure how much of what they say is true, but the information is hardly ever wrong at the time it's given and the guys are consistent.

So they're not MY sources, but they're sources that I and few others have access to.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Somewhat both... it's a private insider forum of about 25 people, I don't want to really reveal sources for their sakes, but there's at least 2 Bull Gators and 2 guys inside the program. And apparently Trey Burton is supposed to get an account. I'm not sure how much of what they say is true, but the information is hardly ever wrong at the time it's given and the guys are consistent.

So they're not MY sources, but they're sources that I and few others have access to.
Righteous.

What's a Bull Gator? Like, Joakim Noah?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Righteous.

What's a Bull Gator? Like, Joakim Noah?
I think they're the influential boosters.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I think they're the influential boosters.
That definitely makes more sense than Joakim Noah. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
That definitely makes more sense than Joakim Noah. :D
Joakim Noah was a Gator though... and looks like a bull. Or maybe just the Rancor.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Joakim Noah was a Gator though... and looks like a bull. Or maybe just the Rancor.
Haha, it had more to do with him now playing for the Chicago Bulls than him looking like one...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Veteran

6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908

Tim Tebow.
6270410908 is offline   Reply With Quote