I have the Bengals beating Cleveland to finish 3-13. I don't see Carolina, Buffalo, or the Lions winning another game after checking their schedules. This would leave the Bengals picking 4th overall so Andrew Luck, AJ Green, & Patrick Peterson are all gone.
1. Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson 6'6'' 285 lbs. At this point in the draft you have to take the best player available. With the 2 obvious choices gone (Luck & Green) it leaves us with Bowers. This guys was the #1 rated HS player in the nation. He was dinged up in his first 2 years at Clemson but now that he is healthy he is showing his true colors. He leads the nation in sacks but plays the run extremely well. His size to speed ratio is off the charts. I really like M. Johnson and C. Dunlop but when you can get a difference maker on your D-line or O-line you have to jump at it. I would hate for us to pass on the next M. Williams, Freeney, Mathis, Tuck, or J. Allen just because we have another young player at the position. If this is the pick then I move M. Johnson to SAM and move Maualuga to MLB. Alternate pick Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
2. Mike Pouncy OG UF 6'4'' 310 lbs, Marcus Cannon OG TCU 6'6'' 350 lbs, or Gabe Carimi OT 6'7'' 325 lbs
One of these three guys will be there when we pick near the top of the 2nd round. If we get one of the two OG's then they replace Livings immediately. If we get Carimi then he is our RT of the future and Andre Smith moves to OG in place of Livins or B. Williams. The O-Line needs a major upgrade and one of these guys will fit in nicely over the next 10 years.
3. Kendrick Ellis DT Hampton 6'5'' 340 lbs. This guy could project as a NT in the 3-4 but I like him next to Atkins because Ellis would need to be double teamed. This allows Dunlop, Atkins, and Bowers to go one on one with their man. Peko needs a running mate on those running downs and Ellis fits the mold.
4. Terrence Toliver WR LSU 6'5'' 203 lbs. I love the measurables on this kid. His #'s are not great at LSU but some of that has to do with the fact that they haven't had an NFL caliber QB there during his time. His size to speed ratio is very good but his overall lack of numbers puts him in the 4th round.
5. Owen Marecic FB 6'1'' 245lbs. Entered the season atop the depth chart at both fullback and middle linebacker...saw the majority of his reps during the spring at linebacker...earned time at middle linebacker last season in goal line and short-yardage situations...three-time Pac-10 honorable mention selection as a fullback...has made huge contributions to Stanford's running game over the last three seasons as one of the best blocking fullbacks in the nation...tough, hard-nosed competitor has gained ultimate respect from his teammates and coaches due to his unmatched work ethic and attitude...quietly goes about his business without fanfare. We all know that the Bengals need a FB when we have Gresham in the backfield 1 out of 4 plays. Marecic is the best FB in this draft so we should go get him.
6. Traded for Nelson
7. James Rodgers WR/PR/KR 5'7'' 188 lbs. He could replace Quan "Fair catch inside the 10" Cosby and do a better job.
This draft and free agency period could make us a contender going into next year in my opinion. It revamps the D-Line, upgrades the O-Line, builds the WR core for the future, and allows TE's to play TE instead of FB. Let me know what you guys think. I would have us drafting a QB but there is no way in my mind that Mike Brown cuts/trades Carson Palmer so I am not wasting my time on it. I would like to see what Palmer could to with a revamped O-Line anyways.
PS. Pick up Chad's option. Tag J-Jo, Cut Geathers and Odom in hopes that that money could be used to sign J-Jo to a long term deal or to sign an O-Lineman.
Who Dey & Go Bucks
The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl.
Last edited by FootballGod : 12-07-2010 at 11:45 AM.