Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-13-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Santa Muerte who?
Old 12-13-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Santa Muerte who?
I was gonna bring that up also, at least we didn't have to find out.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, I forgot about that mess. They didn't even tie it up. They probably figured it was such a bad plot that it wasn't even worth finishing.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dexter is like 24 in a way with the way it goes from season to season, but Dexters finales (sans 4) are significantly less ballsy. Because of the less ballsy-ness, ALL of Dexters finales are insanely predictable (again, sans 4).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the finales have been pretty good. Season 1 was perfect, some people could see it coming but still really good. Season 2 was really entertaining and shocking with Doakes' death, although I wish Dexter would have epically killed him. I guess he didn't fit the code although Doakes was kind of shady with those killings, o well.

4 was epic, I'll definitely give you 3.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually liked the finale. I thought it told a good story, predictable or not. Thats one of my big gripes with writing a lot of times, is that theyll discard wrapping up a story just to throw a huge swerve in there to shock people. Do too much of that, and itll really cheapen when you do it the next time you try and pull off something similar. I think the s4 finale sticks out as such a fantastic moment because its one of the only true 'holy ****' moments in the series. Thats just my view, though.

Granted, I did think the way that Deb found them was a bit of a cop out.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit: Why are you guys spoiler tagging something from 3 years ago?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

Because as of just a few pages ago, someone mentioned that theyre watching the early parts of the series. Courtesy, and such.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Watched the entire season of Walking Dead these past two days. The first two episodes were extraordinary, but after that it let down a little bit in comparison. Nevertheless, still a very good series.
I liked the first 4. 5 and 6 were disappointing though.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the Dexter finale was good. I'm not going to go into super spoilery mode, but I thought it was solid.

It's nowhere near as good as the season 4 finale, but it'll be hard to top that.

As for the show itself, it probably won't ever be as good as it was in seasons 1 or 2. The writers don't take enough chances anymore. A few things will pretty much NEVER happen because of it, but it is a solid show. I used to think it was the best show on TV, and it was for two seasons (and some can argue in season 4 as well) but it's kinda meh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 12-13-2010 at 10:50 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:

This was the best season to you, even at one point? Are you high? Can I have some?

Steddy Ambition!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dexter Season 5 lame conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Dexter is like 24 in a way with the way it goes from season to season, but Dexters finales (sans 4) are significantly less ballsy. Because of the less ballsy-ness, ALL of Dexters finales are insanely predictable (again, sans 4).
This & fenikz' analysis of the lame ending are true. Seemed to me that they were writing it around the end of Julia Stiles' contract, or Johnny Lee Miller's contract, for a final episode, the Jordan Chase dispatching & the Barrel Girls case wrapup was pretty routine although they did give us a suspenseful buildup to Dexter & Lumen as a happily ever after couple with her exhilaration, blond hair blowing & smiling while riding on the bow of the Slice of Life coming back from the body dump.

The twist was the disappointment we felt for Dexter at his rejection, & a semi-twist you could say with Quinn looking about 90% a goner, like Sgt. Doakes who also suspected Dexter as a serial vigilante, in the cell made for Priddy's murder, we see Debra showing obvious affection there she hadn't planned (remember, she said she wasn't "looking for love" when Quinn gave her that jackhammer-love 1st mating) in the jail cell & later at the b'day party. The group gathering/positive party ending with couples coming together was consistent with Season 3's conclusion at the wedding with Rita.

It was Dexter's monologue at the end that was worrisome to me, like maybe there wouldn't be a Season 6, I remembered that they all knew Michael Hall was battling cancer at the time,which he has since beaten, but maybe they didnt know that at the time.

I was hoping they would keep Peter Weller as Priddy around for awhile, he was a wonderful character as a crooked narc with his sleazy lifestyle & Ft. Worth twangy accent.

Kudos to Johnny Lee Miller & Julia Stiles for their guest performances -- Stiles has shown an incredible arc of growing talent with what she brings to roles since 10 Things I Hate About You in 1999 opposite the late Heath Ledger in the classic Kate as a high schooler role in the Taming of the Shrew rework. That name Lumen Pierce echoes through Dexter's monologues -- Lumen as the Light opposite Dexter's Dark Passenger as noted here earlier, Pierce is what she did with her knife, some damn good writing in Season 5.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

It was just announced recently that it was picked up for season 6, so im fairly sure they had no idea if it was coming back after that ep, so they sort of rushed for an ending that they wanted without the pieces completely being there.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Some people may not have seen the show yet? Why else would you use spoiler tags? This isn't the Dexter thread.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid, but not spectacular. Definitely the worst season but not the worst ending if you ask me. That belongs to season 3. Im one of the people who really enjoys season 2 as well. I'd rank them

1-4-2-4-5

I agree with vidae's comment as well, I used to think that Dexter was consistently the best show on TV, but this season really dragged in some spots. The show just doesn't touch the same chords it used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would also like to point out that the Miami police department is the dumbest and most incompetent department in the history of the world and any medium ever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-13-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sort of like how Santa Barbara has the highest murder rate we've seen in years?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

At least they solve cases and don't have about 800 different insane serial killers, despite the show being a parody.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I would also like to point out that the Miami police department is the dumbest and most incompetent department in the history of the world and any medium ever.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to put my fist through the monitor. The site I relied on for Dexter decided all of a sudden to do the stupid survey ****.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Survey **** > Dexter finale.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-14-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna miss Robo Cop, and I'm sooooo glad Mr. speech impediment and Mawia WaGeuwta made up!!!!1 That finale seemed so rushed and they tried to wrap up too many loose ends for one episode to handle.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.