Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If we somehow convince Shannahan to take Corey Webster and William Joseph for Wilson, I will laugh for 3 straight days non stop.

As for Tuck, he's a good player with lots of promise...IF he can stay healthy. He's had durability concerns his whole career. Strahan has helped mold him into a good player though, and if he can stay on the field, he'll be a solid LE.
This is the Broncos, not the Raiders. The Broncos rarely make stupid trades for other teams reject, malcontents.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
This is the Broncos, not the Raiders. The Broncos rarely make stupid trades for other teams reject, malcontents.
But the one thing they can't scout is D-lineman. Hell they have signed all the Cleveland Browns rejects. Why not take Willie Joe.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dre Bly
Al Wilson

for

William Joseph
Justin Tuck
RW McQuarters
4th round pick

That's all i'd give up.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Dre Bly
Al Wilson

for

William Joseph
Justin Tuck
RW McQuarters
4th round pick

That's all i'd give up.

Thats never gonna happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Denver Broncos signing free agents this offseason such as Travis Henry and Patrick Ramsey, they have gotten into salary cap trouble and rumors are circulating that Al Wilson may be on the trading block. Interested teams include the Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions, and the frontrunner, the New York Giants, who would move him to WLB. Trade rumors with the Giants currently have the Giants and Broncos swapping 2007 first round picks, in addition to the Giants sending DE Justin Tuck and a 2007 4th round pick to Denver in return for Al Wilson.

if we could swap picks that might be different
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think if Al Wilson were to go to the Giants, he would put the Giants on the map for on of the top LB cores. I don't think the Broncos would get rid of one of their best defensive men and leaders. He's been there forever and he has continued to put up good numbers. The Broncos would ask for alot out of him, and I don't think the Ginats would give up a whole lot for him.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we swap picks, I will drive to East Rutherford and punch Jerry Reese in the face.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Giants best chance to compete would be to get Wilson and Bly in the deal. But what would we have to give up? If they are interested in Tuck you can start with him, add Webster as a young corner who could use a change of scenery. Then you start adding draft picks, it'd probably be switch firsts and a 3rd to make it reasonable, maybe more. It might make us better next year, but down the line not really.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we swap picks, I will drive to East Rutherford and punch Jerry Reese in the face.
Agreed. That would then be the equivalent of a really high 3rd round pick, our 4th, and Tuck. Too much.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster's change of scenery involves working as a bagger at Shoprite. He has no NFL career, he's a bumb.

The problem I have with this trade is, its going against alot of things Reese was doing, in particular, getting younger. Why force the hand? We're better off building via the draft.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Webster's change of scenery involves working as a bagger at Shoprite. He has no NFL career, he's a bumb.

The problem I have with this trade is, its going against alot of things Reese was doing, in particular, getting younger. Why force the hand? We're better off building via the draft.
Webster is still young, can't write him off yet.

From what Reese has shown so far I doubt we make the trade unless he think it really benefits us.

Remember, the Giants have been involved in nearly every trade rumor this offseason, its good that he doesn't leave any stone unturned, but he knows value and has shown he'll only make a trade if it doesn't lose us anything important (Carter)
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Webster is still young, can't write him off yet.

From what Reese has shown so far I doubt we make the trade unless he think it really benefits us.

Remember, the Giants have been involved in nearly every trade rumor this offseason, its good that he doesn't leave any stone unturned, but he knows value and has shown he'll only make a trade if it doesn't lose us anything important (Carter)
Webster is nothing important. I might be able to play a better corner than him at 230lbs and on an extremely lucky day break a 5.0 wind aided 40.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I don't understand why you guys think swapping 1sts with the Broncos is such a big deal. You do know they have the 21st pick right?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-23-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I don't understand why you guys think swapping 1sts with the Broncos is such a big deal. You do know they have the 21st pick right?
Whoops, didn't know that.

I still don't like the trade in the long term, unless somehow we trick him to take Joseph + Webster + swap picks for Wilson. I don't want to lose Tuck.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Webster is nothing important. I might be able to play a better corner than him at 230lbs and on an extremely lucky day break a 5.0 wind aided 40.
Honestly, Ive thought about this myself, and I honestly think I can play CB better than Webster. Ive played some CB in my day, and I can probably run a 5.2 40 now that I don't keep in shape anymore, which is approximately 2 seconds faster than Webster's 40 time. Its not even his speed, its his complete lack of body awareness that pisses me off. How did he ever become a CB?

Reggie Ball has a better chance of surviving the NFL than Corey Webster.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Whoops, didn't know that.

I still don't like the trade in the long term, unless somehow we trick him to take Joseph + Webster + swap picks for Wilson. I don't want to lose Tuck.
Yeah I didn't know that either. I thought they had 31 for some reason which doesn't make sense since they didn't make the Super Bowl.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Muckluck

If the Giants or Eagles won't send a first round pick I think the Lions will.

What is the absolute lowest offer the Broncos would even consider for Al Wilson?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckluck View Post
If the Giants or Eagles won't send a first round pick I think the Lions will.

What is the absolute lowest offer the Broncos would even consider for Al Wilson?
No one is sending a first round pick for a 30 year old LBer. Actually maybe Matt Millen would.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Wilson is in NY right now going through an extensive physical.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-23-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Wilson is in NY right now going through an extensive physical.
That must mean its official? He wouldn't be here unless both sides agreed on something.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That must mean its official? He wouldn't be here unless both sides agreed on something.
Not necessarily....Giants may want to see how his neck is before they agree on anything.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-23-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Not necessarily....Giants may want to see how his neck is before they agree on anything.
Ugh, I hope this doesn't happen. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but we need to draft guys and let our in house talent develop. Enough is enough with these wholesale LB solutions.

And I like Tuck too.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

I'd love Wilson here.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-23-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't mind Wilson, but only at a fair price. Wilson has been solid for most of his career. He's not wowing, but he's very solid. He'd be a good addition at SLB, but i'll be ticked off if we overpay. We didn't want to give up a first day pick for McGahee, we better not give one up for a 30 year old linebacker.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'd love Wilson here.
At what price though? Thats what I wanna know. I could either love this or hate this depending on the price