Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dareus hardly fits the prototype for what we look for in 3-4 ends, but he is a stud. Freakish talent with experience in the 3-4, the height could be an issue but I do think he is a better fit for the one-gap 3-4's. I do think he could play in our defense though, it just may not be his best fit. Heyward is the best fit for a 3-4 end in our defense out of this class, would love to get him here.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ Watt is my guy for the 3-4 DE. There's concerns about him translating as he plays 4-3 DE right now, but it's really not all that hard to see for me. He's strong enough at the point of attack and has the ideal body for it. Willing to get he has some of the longer arms in the draft. Plays a bit tall, but that actually plays pretty well into controlling two gaps.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Watt is a 4-3 guy personally. Could he play in a 3-4? Probably, but I don't think it is a great fit. My guys right now are Heyward and Crick, they both have everything we look for at end in our defense if you ask me.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crick is another guy I really like. Gun to my head, I'm picking him at this point. I came away extremely impressed with him after the Oklahoma game. Again, a guy with extremely long arms and height, which is important for us. Only concern with him is that he really gets pushed back at times. He's going to have to get stronger and add some weight to play for us.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-15-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think dareous will be a stud at the next level. i think heyward/crick would be the best fits. id love dareous on our team though, he would have a crazy impact.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Dareus bc he could stay on the field in our base D (not his best fit) and our nickel sub packages.
It's in the sub packages I think he would BEAST! He'd take M.Wright's spot as a pass rusher from the DLine. That would be amazing.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I just feel like Dareus is made for a Wade Phillips 3-4 as opposed to the BB version of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

No doubt that is his best fit, and honestly I think Heyward would be a better player here, but it would be hard to pass on a talent like Dareus especially when you consider the position is a need and the BB-Saban ties.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys don't think Dareus would beast in the M.Wright role in our D?

Old 12-16-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
You guys don't think Dareus would beast in the M.Wright role in our D?
I do, but we have a perfectly competent Mike Wright and I wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on a situational player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-16-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Well, I think he would be a major upgrade. Like you said, he's competent. I believe Dareus would BEAST. To go along with how much we play our subpackages, he'd essentially be like a starter.
He can play in that role as he learns slowly how to play in our base D.
Instant upgrade... I hate to simply rely on Wright too bc when he got injured this year, our pas rush suffered terribly

Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

OLB, DE, CB, T, G, C, WR

Positions I would take over a UT/Penetrator in the first/second round.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I agree on OLB/OL. I'm okay with taking Dareus only bc he'll play UT/Penetrator and then will be groomed as a starting DE
So he fits that bill.

Again, this is only bc we have so many picks. If BB thinks that he can grab an OLB and some OL help with the next three picks... I'm all for Dareus

Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I just can't see us going for Dareus. He's an electric talent for such a big guy, but he's the exact opposite in what we look for in a DE. Relatively short arms, squat build, not good at holding his ground and eating space. I suppose it boils down to the fact I just don't think he'll ever be a starter in a BB 3-4, at least not an effective one. In a 1 Gap 3-4, he's a top ten pick, but I just don't see the value in taking a part time player with the type of draft pick it will require to take him. Especially with the positions we need to upgrade on offensive and our defensive needs.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-16-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with your assessment of Dareus. Sure, he's a couple inches shorter than what they prefer, but he does an amazing job holding blocks and containing plays. Just watch the Auburn game. They put him in charge of spying Cam Newton, and he single-handedly did a better job at keeping Cam Newton in check than any entire team this season. Dareus can do anything and everything in this defense. He does what he's asked to do. He can be a dominant 3-4 DE, and has the stockiness to do a lot of things at NT as well. He reminds me of Haloti Ngata. Incredibly athletic DL who can do everything.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

We'll see. I know there's a lot of varying opinions on him and I have personally gone up and down on him a lot. I think at this juncture of the process I would prefer Crick, Watt, Heyward, or Jordan at this point just because I feel like they're safer system wise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau