Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-11-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default College Gameday Thread: Bowl Games

Discuss all bowl and playoff games here.

Bowl games start next Saturday so I figured we could get this started.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ntype/3/week/1

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets talk about the Harris vs Floyd matchup

Who gets the best of who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nova has slowed. Need more Szczur.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Nova has slowed. Need more Szczur.
Don't get it.

But 'Nova would do better than 35% of the teams in bowl games this year ;D
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are sooooo many fumbles in the Army/Navy game. Don't think I've seen a first half with more...

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-11-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe that fumble on the goalline by the Army QB. That just lost them the game.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Win or loss, WVU should fire Bill Stewart.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
And go after who? Mike Leach? Rich Rod?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing worth seeing for awhile. I know I won't be watching a game until Boise/Utah at the earliest.

Can't wait for the big bowls to start. Always a fun first week of the trimester to drink every day.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is SWDC having a Bowl Predicting pool or something?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
If WVU loses its very possible the Big East will go 0-4 in bowls against other BCS conferences.

And they get advantages with having two of their top teams, Pitt and WVU, playing lower teams in other conferences, NC State and Kentucky.

The Big East is truly terrible this year. Worst I've ever seen it by far.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Carter out for North Carolina.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-15-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Nothing worth seeing for awhile. I know I won't be watching a game until Boise/Utah at the earliest.

Can't wait for the big bowls to start. Always a fun first week of the trimester to drink every day.
The Hummanitarian Bowl might actually be pretty good. Northern Illinois has put up a lot of points this season. It has potential to be a high-scoring match. In games that don't matter that's what I like to see.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Anybody else watching Nova EWU? Szcur just had a big fumble on a return.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-18-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta say... **** you if you don't like Bowl games. We've got some really cool match-ups this year.

Penn State-Florida
Florida State-South Carolina
Mississippi State-Michigan
Alabama-Michigan State
LSU-Texas A&M
Northwestern-Texas Tech
Mizzou-Iowa
Notre Dame-Miami
North Carolina-Tennessee
Oklahoma State-Arizona
West Virginia-NC State
Boise State-Utah

and that's not including the BCS games or the smaller games like Louisville-Southern Miss, N. Illinois-Fresno State, G Tech-Air Force, and Hawaii-Tulsa...

Tons of great match-ups. Can't wait...
Old 12-18-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The Hummanitarian Bowl might actually be pretty good. Northern Illinois has put up a lot of points this season. It has potential to be a high-scoring match. In games that don't matter that's what I like to see.
I don't care about scoring alot of points or a close game really. I like watching quality defense be played, and I like watching big programs that I actually have a reason to care about. I enjoy watching games where I actually have a reason to root for an outcome.

Yet Im sitting here watching BYU and UTEP and I'm sure I'll watch whateve game comes on next.

God damn it. Why at Boise? I hate that annoying field.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 12-18-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooo hooo I actually had BYU in Bowl predictions. Don't usually start off too well. I had 12 confidence points on BYU. Got Fresno St. in this game cuz I thought UNI would be messed up due to the coaching changes. But only go 4points on it.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care about scoring alot of points or a close game really. I like watching quality defense be played, and I like watching big programs that I actually have a reason to care about. I enjoy watching games where I actually have a reason to root for an outcome.

Yet Im sitting here watching BYU and UTEP and I'm sure I'll watch whateve game comes on next.

God damn it. Why at Boise? I hate that annoying field.
But if OSU ever got the red field they have wanted for several years im sure you would love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A red field would be gross. It would give a bloody heat vibe. I like the blue turf. It looks especially cool in the night games.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

The red field in the game last night was ******* awful.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-18-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
But if OSU ever got the red field they have wanted for several years im sure you would love that.
I would ******* hate that. It would look completely ********.

And I've never seen anyone say anything about a red field. But I havnt been an osu fan for long, so I'd love to see a link. Honestly most osu fans love tradition so much I can't see them going for this.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would ******* hate that. It would look completely ********.

And I've never seen anyone say anything about a red field. But I havnt been an osu fan for long, so I'd love to see a link. Honestly most osu fans love tradition so much I can't see them going for this.
Ill have to look for it, but there were some talks of the idea, and whether it was just OSU fans with just out of this world thinking or if it was real, i did read about it.

Im close to Cheney and ive watched games at Eastern Washington and its pretty ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I saw that field when Espn did a little thing on the different colored fields. I like real grass fields so anything other than green just seems lame and gimmicky.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Robinson has the fastest release in college football. That kid can really sling it. Troy is dirt-rolling Ohio, bit Jernigan and Robinson are fun to watch. It's like they are playing against air.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
Corey Robinson has the fastest release in college football. That kid can really sling it. Troy is dirt-rolling Ohio, bit Jernigan and Robinson are fun to watch. It's like they are playing against air.
Robinson is going to be a good one I think. No NFL potential obviously, but he's going to break some of Levi Brown's records.

R.I.P. Junior Seau