Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Smith said "I never really liked you as a quarterback" to Delhomme, a video of which can be easily found with a Google search. That's different than calling Jake "my QB". When, over your career, you've called out multiple quarterbacks (Clausen yesterday) and beat up multiple teammates, leading to an arrest and a team-imposed suspension, you're a potential problem in the locker room. The Patriots team right now is built around a strong locker room, not a locker room filled with people punching out their teammates. I'm not saying he couldn't be successful somewhere else next year, but I don't want him around here, and I don't think the Patriots will either.
You can't tell a joke?
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11152089
even wikipedia knows that was a joke man.

He didn't call out Clausen, and he hasn't called out multiple QBs so just stop.
Quote:
After Carolina’s 31-10 loss to the Falcons, Clausen sought out linebacker Jon Beason to apologize for his poor play. Smith was asked what he thought of the matter:

“I’m the last guy to tell anybody to be apologizing, but if you’re going to apologize, you know, you should apologize to the people in the huddle with you,” Smith said via Steve Reed of CarolinaGrowl.com. “He ain’t at Notre Dame anymore, that’s for sure.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-dame-anymore/
Where did he say anything wrong? Is it unreasonable to be a bit frustrated when you have one win?

Smith isn't spotless but neither are the Patriots. There isn't a single locker room without players that have issues. Smith isn't a villain, just like Randy Moss and Corey Dillon weren't. It is pretty clear you don't know that much detail about Steve Smith, just some general information. A lot has to do with how quiet he actually is as well as the small market he plays in. So because he didn't get that typical ESPN segment that proclaims he is a changed man apparently there are still a great deal of misinformed people that think he just walks around the locker room taking swings.

He probably won't go to the Patriots, had this happened sooner I think that the chances are very high it does happen. But because the Patriots are on a roll and stacked with receiving talent I don't see it happening.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
They should trade DeAngelo Williams also and just go into rebuild mode.
Too bad his contract is up. They'd have to franchise tag him. That is if there is a tag.