Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.
Default Cowboys sign FS Ken Hamlin

Per ESPN bottom line.

Thoughts?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure thats the best move for the Boys. They would have probably been better off with a safety like Reggie Nelson in the draft to pair with Roy.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess that means no Reggie Nelson. It was a good signing. If Hamlin can stay healthy, he's a good player. Plus, with Wade's scheme, you need a ballhawk in the worst way. Hamlin gives them that.

Now Roy Williams has no more excuses. I view him as the most overrated player in football, if he doesn't produce this year, he should be benched like any other player on any other team would be.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow how quick did you see that and type this thread i just saw it

and oooo no reggie nelson
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and the plot thickens....
Old 03-23-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is an improvement, for sure.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Over/Under on how many Cowboy fans will tell us that this move will get them to the SB this year?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Nelson is gonna go to Jacksonville or even Carolina anyhow. Dallas can get a left tackle like Joe Staley or a wideout maybe like Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachum if they wanted to now since their biggest needs now seem to be a starting NT and depth elsewhere.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's intersting that he's been out there so long and that numerous teams chose supposedly inferior talent to him.

Hawks went with Deon Grant and Brian Ruseell over him.

Saints went with Kevin Kasehviaevaknarharn over him.

Anywho, I'm sure it won't hurt. I would guess at this point in the game the contract numbers are reasonable, but you never know.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Over/Under on how many Cowboy fans will tell us that this move will get them to the SB this year?
Over/under figure is set at 26 individual posters.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big fan of Hamlin, he bites on a lot of routes, still not the center fielder they need.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Not exactly the cover safety they need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think Nelson is gonna go to Jacksonville or even Carolina anyhow. Dallas can get a left tackle like Joe Staley or a wideout maybe like Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachum if they wanted to now since their biggest needs now seem to be a starting NT and depth elsewhere.
Totally agree. I would also put a CB in the mix... Glenn will be gone next year, and Henry is turning 32...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of like this move for the Cowboys. Hamlin fits their aggressive, attacking style very nicely. He really does a lot to complete their starting secondary. With the FA market shrinking, Hamlin was probably the BPA in general, and easily the best safety. I like his style of game, and I think he will fit well with Williams. The Cowboys will still be a little weak covering the deep pass, but they will be better than they were before.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-23-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Totally agree. I would also put a CB in the mix... Glenn will be gone next year, and Henry is turning 32...
I was thinking about this and was about to post it, when I saw your post. Good thinking. The Cowboys will look at LT depth, perhaps WR, but CB seems to be a key need. As coincidence would have it, there are a bunch of very good CB's in this draft...

Old 03-23-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Over/under figure is set at 26 individual posters.

SUPER BOWL...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

only 25 more to go...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock6000 View Post
SUPER BOWL...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

only 25 more to go...
This is why therock is one of my favorite posters...

Old 03-23-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mixed feelings on the signing. I like it, but at the same time, it kills my Reggie Nelson man crush. LOL!

The Hammer has always impressed me from afar with his overall game. He's got that dog in him that makes him a highly competitive player who plays with a passion. I like that about him. Great tackler, frequently around the action and he'll make a big play when you need it. I like his range, but I think he could stand to improve in coverage. A sure improvement and a nice complement to Patrick Watkins. This move will allow Watkins to develop behind Hamlin instead of being tossed in the fire or having to compete with another rookie. I like the stability that we've added at the position. Even a rookie would've come in with some question marks.

This surely opens up a whole slew of options in the draft. I would like to see Dwayne Jarrett, but Joe Staley would be good too with Flozell being in the last year of his contract. CB and OLB could be addressed as well.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A decent move ... and an upgrade, but it really isn't a significant difference unless Ken Hamlin mysteriously learns to cover better.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a fan of this move personally... I'm a Pat Watkins guy, and I think Hamlin is not the center fielding safety answer to our problems.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

That has to be the hardest hitting safety tandem in football. It should be interesting to see how they fare in coverage though.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the idea of needing a centerfielding safety is a bit overrated. I also think Roy gets a bad rap. It doesn't matter though. I'm happy with the tandem and expect our secondary to be much improved. With the pass rush attack that Phillips will bring, it should help our secondary... on the other hand, the lack of a pass rush might kill us.

Our #1 priority from the start of the offseason is still not addressed.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this gives Dallas what, 6 LB's on the field at one time when they're in the 3-4? :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I guess that means no Reggie Nelson. It was a good signing. If Hamlin can stay healthy, he's a good player. Plus, with Wade's scheme, you need a ballhawk in the worst way. Hamlin gives them that.

Now Roy Williams has no more excuses. I view him as the most overrated player in football, if he doesn't produce this year, he should be benched like any other player on any other team would be.
Ehh I don't know BBD, I might give that honor the DeAngelo Hall.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
So this gives Dallas what, 6 LB's on the field at one time when they're in the 3-4? :p
At least we should be able to stop the run better! HAHAHA!