Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default TE Wiggins agrees with Jags

Quote:
Unrestricted free agent tight end Jermaine Wiggins, who flourished as a receiver under Mike Tice in Minnesota, will have the chance to play again for his former coach.

Cut loose earlier in the offseason by the Vikings, where he asked to be released because he felt he was a poor fit in the offense designed by coach Brad Childress, Wiggins has reached agreement with the Jacksonville Jaguars on a one-year, $1 million contract. The deal reunites him with his former head coach Tice, currently the Jaguars' assistant head coach for offense.
Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I knew they would sign somebody after loosing Kyle Brady.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a good signing. Kyle Brady left, and George Wrighster recently had more surgery on his back. I think it's a signing more for Wrighster than Brady, as Wiggins is more of a pass-catcher than blocker, when Kyle Brady was here for his blocking.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't read too much into it. They gain some pass catching, lose some run blocking. It leaves them roughly in the same offensive vicinity they were last year.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wouldn't read too much into it. They gain some pass catching, lose some run blocking. It leaves them roughly in the same offensive vicinity they were last year.
It's not supposed to be a key-signing anyways. It's a bottom-dollar deal for an experienced back-up with a good history with his former head coach now his new position coach.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 03-23-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
It's not supposed to be a key-signing anyways. It's a bottom-dollar deal for an experienced back-up with a good history with his former head coach now his new position coach.
Yeah, I agree. It was a good signing. Im a big fan of cheap FA aquisitions. I hate the top tier FA signings, they usually don't pan out.

I think keeping Tice as your Assistant HC/OC is gonna be important. He's an underrated offensive mind. And he's a diehard Giant fan. Sounds like a good guy if you ask me.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhh wiggins. The man that looks like he shouldn't even be able to walk to the fridge to get a beer, but yet he can hurdle linebackers on the football feild. He may very well be the only Viking I ever admired.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah, I agree. It was a good signing. Im a big fan of cheap FA aquisitions. I hate the top tier FA signings, they usually don't pan out.

I think keeping Tice as your Assistant HC/OC is gonna be important. He's an underrated offensive mind. And he's a diehard Giant fan. Sounds like a good guy if you ask me.
I implied this in my previous comment, but he's now also the TE's coach. With what he's done with TEs in the past, that only bodes well for the Jags offense. It showed last year a bit with Wrighster, who kinda came out of nowhere, albeit it was because he then got an opportunity.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 03-23-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be a pretty good TE combo with Merecedes Lewis and Wiggins.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a replacement; he won't make that big of an impact

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

will lewis start or will wiggins
Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

I suppose Lewis would. He's knows the system good TE all around.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 03-23-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
will lewis start or will wiggins
Lewis and Wrighster will probably battle it out for the starting tight end job. Wiggins is pretty much the number two tight end by default. The odd man out will just rotate in as a situational pass catcher in passing situations.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With what he's done with TEs in the past, that only bodes well for the Jags offense.
Tell me, what exactly has he done with TEs in the past?

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Tice always has a pencil in his ear. This is a clear sign that he he's a deep thinker. Or has aspirations to be a junior high shop teacher.

I wanted the Bears to sign him as a backup, although I knew they wouldn't.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Tell me, what exactly has he done with TEs in the past?
They've had successful TEs in Minnesota, no? Tight ends that were once
"nobodies" that becaming viable receiving options.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 03-23-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Ahhh wiggins. The man that looks like he shouldn't even be able to walk to the fridge to get a beer, but yet he can hurdle linebackers on the football feild. He may very well be the only Viking I ever admired.
Jermaine Wiggins is the man.
He's actually a pretty solid tight end. He was great three years ago, but that had a lot to due with playing with a healthy, mobile Culpepper who threw to him on check downs. He's very good at finding a way to get loose in zone coverage for short gains. I don't think he'll beat out Lewis, but I think he'll be productive when he sees the field for you guys. Good signing.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

He's a big TE, I wanted Oakland to sign him.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 03-23-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Mike Tice always has a pencil in his ear. This is a clear sign that he he's a deep thinker. Or has aspirations to be a junior high shop teacher.

I wanted the Bears to sign him as a backup, although I knew they wouldn't.
DO you know the reason Tuce puts that pencil behind his ear?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good sign, how dare you bad mouth the Jermaine "the body" wiggins

Last edited by georgiafan : 03-23-2007 at 03:10 PM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They've had successful TEs in Minnesota, no? Tight ends that were once
"nobodies" that becaming viable receiving options.
Define successful. And what nobodies are you talking about? Byron Chamberlain, 2nd round pick Jim Kleinsasser...?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Define successful. And what nobodies are you talking about? Byron Chamberlain, 2nd round pick Jim Kleinsasser...?
Lots of catches.

What's your point?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 03-23-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was probably brought in as a #2 or #3 TE. I think Lewis will win the starting job and Wiggins will have to batlle it out with Wrightster.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
SPQRBucs
Rookie

SPQRBucs hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is a good signing for the Jags, who FINALLY seem to be doing something with the money they've got. With a lack of a #1 WR in JAX, I expect this guy to catch at least 50 passes this year.
SPQRBucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Lots of catches.

What's your point?
My point is that you made a false statement. Not once did he turn anyone from off the radar to producer at TE.