Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
At least we should be able to stop the run better! HAHAHA!
ha, I sure hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Oh and it is only a 1 year deal, which means we could still draft Reggie Nelson.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Oh and it is only a 1 year deal, which means we could still draft Reggie Nelson.
Don't count on it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's worth noting that San Diego never had good safties during Wade's tenure there either. Unless you really like Marlon McCree.

What they need is a pass rush. How good their pass rush is will dictate how much their safties inability to cover will get exploited.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
DonWoods33
Rookie

DonWoods33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Over/Under on how many Cowboy fans will tell us that this move will get them to the SB this year?
Oh about 91.6%, followed by how he is the next Kenny Easley.
DonWoods33 is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 year deal? He's not old or anything. Hmmm...there has to be something fishy that none of us know about. Why only one year?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

I think they want to develop Watkins, and it is a stop gap. Maybe there is a 2nd year option....
Old 03-23-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a 1 year deal due to past injury issues and the presence of Pat Watkins, who had some good moments at FS last season. Hamlin likes the deal because he gets guaranteed income and exposure in a good defense on a contending team. He will sign another FA contract next season. The Cowboys have roster flexibility and can continue to develop Watkins.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh oh, TNew and I just agreed on something independently. Is my face melting? hahaha j/k

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-23-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

LOL, its like we read each others minds....

Jerry said he likes Watkins, so this is probably just a stop gap for this season and then Watkins won't make rookie mistakes in 2 seasons.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
LOL, its like we read each others minds....
Never... EVER say that again... haha.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

OK. :(

Anyway, Watkins has all the talent in the world, he is just not very mentally tough, but he will be after this season. I remember Parcells saying that everytime he got beat in practice he looked like he was going to cry.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

TNew, I wish I knew how to quit you...

Watkins has a lot of talent, but he is a big guy. Asking him to be a center fielder-type safety and get back and cover over the top is a lot for a guy of his size. As he ages, he will have less and less agility and speed, which will hurt him.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would've liked a 2 year deal, but Hamlin's camp probably forced the 1 year thing. Since Jerry probably didn't want to dole out a lot of cash. But hey... Contract year players always overachieve!

If he performs well, I don't doubt that Dallas will bring him back. Similar to Gurode's deal last year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post

Watkins has a lot of talent, but he is a big guy. Asking him to be a center fielder-type safety and get back and cover over the top is a lot for a guy of his size. As he ages, he will have less and less agility and speed, which will hurt him.
Watkins is better suited for SS. I think he matches up very well with TEs with his length, and he can be a good TE coverage player as a SS. He is also physical and willing to get in there to stop the run. When he started, he led the Cowboys in tackles.

I think while many Cowboy fans love Roy, I would seriously bench him for Watkins at SS....thats if he continues to play like crap. I just never understood how people can say "Roy needs to just cover the flats, play in the box and blitz". He's a friggin safety. If thats all he's supposed to do, why not bring an extra LB on the field?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with a 1 year deal if you know you have the cap to resign the guy. Dallas can always reup him mid-year if they wanted to. Lots of teams will make midseason deals with players. I know for a fact that the Eagles make a practice of doing it.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post

As he ages? Dude, he is 24.....There is a LONG time before he loses a step. DBs don't usually lose a step until they are 32-33.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I never said he would lose it quickly. I'm just saying you can't count on him to be the long term answer at FS for Dallas. Long term to me is 7+ years.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Yea, and he is 24. He has about 10 more years of his prime left. Brian Dawkins is 34 for cryin out loud. Hamlin is a stop gap, Watkins will take over. He is definitly a FS, not a SS. He is tall, so what?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yea, and he is 24. He has about 10 more years of his prime left. Brian Dawkins is 34 for cryin out loud. Hamlin is a stop gap, Watkins will take over. He is definitly a FS, not a SS. He is tall, so what?

Meaning he doesn't have fluid hips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-year deal doesn't mean jack regarding the draft. They are NOT gonna take a safety with that 22nd pick by any means, and probably not a CB either. I wonder which direction Jones goes next month there, OT? WR?
Old 03-23-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Over/Under on how many Cowboy fans will tell us that this move will get them to the SB this year?
it will still be less than the number of times BBD calls roy williams overrated or preaches the virtues of BP ;)

and cowboys were going to the super bowl without him, this just soldifies them winning it :D
Old 03-23-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing for the Cowboys, but we'll see just how good once they actually start to play. Dallas will be succeptible to the big play next year if you ask me. They will need to improve their pass rush a lot if they want to at least have a chance of limiting big passing plays.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
it will still be less than the number of times BBD calls roy williams overrated or preaches the virtues of BP ;)

and cowboys were going to the super bowl without him, this just soldifies them winning it :D
got me there
Old 03-23-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

My money is that we take a WR, actually. Robert Meachum, to be exact.

Oh, and if there was any question, Jerry stated Hamlin will be a FS:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...600533EB45290C

Right in the beginning of the Press Conference.