Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-19-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I also know we can beat any team in the NFC, and after this game maybe the NFL. If we can get in I think we can go somewhere. Even with the injuries we have a really good team. Fans are way too down on the Packers. I know it's been a couple of tough losses in a row (again), but it's not time to throw in the towel.
the Pats had multiple injuries to their front 7 and Spikes wasn't active and the o-line still had their share of meltdowns. Could the Packers win, sure any team could. Is the team better right now this season than they were at this point in time last year, no.

Too many injuries are hurting this team. Clay is no longer dominate because teams are doubling him; he was the team's major pass rush. If Arizona did their damage to our healthy defense a season ago in the first game, imagine the pain we'll go through whoever the team faces first.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I also know we can beat any team in the NFC, and after this game maybe the NFL. If we can get in I think we can go somewhere. Even with the injuries we have a really good team. Fans are way too down on the Packers. I know it's been a couple of tough losses in a row (again), but it's not time to throw in the towel.
Exactally. If we played up to our potential, even with all our injuries, I feel like we should've been undefeated coming into tonight and quite possibly still be undefeated after tonight. We aren't a bad team we haven't been able to put everything together for entire games.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ******* god.... its either a blowout win or a heartbreak loss. Theres no goddamn middleground.

My heart cant take this ****!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Clay is no longer dominate because teams are doubling him; he was the team's major pass rush.
Just because he isn't getting sacks doesn't mean he hasn't been dominant. Like you said teams are doubling him which shows respect for him. Its opened up things for Bishop, Hawk, and Zombo.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Agreed. There was a lot of pessimism in this thread tonight considering it was a very close loss to the best team in the NFL with a first time starter. Obviously, I'm frustrated with the game's end and was screaming at the TV as I watched it, but all things considered, we played a very impressive game.
And I think we're clearly better than the Giants and the Bears. We should be able to take care of those games, and even though we lost tonight's game should give the team some confidence.

Quote:
Too many injuries are hurting this team. Clay is no longer dominate because teams are doubling him; he was the team's major pass rush. If Arizona did their damage to our healthy defense a season ago in the first game, imagine the pain we'll go through whoever the team faces first.
Our pass defense is much better than it was a year ago, and we won't be facing a trio of Fitz/Boldin/Breaston. In the first round we'd likely play the Bears. I'm not overly concerned about Johnny Knox and Earl Bennett. The Saints and Eagles are the only teams who's receivers could be a problem and we wouldn't see them until the championship game.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Exactally. If we played up to our potential, even with all our injuries, I feel like we should've been undefeated coming into tonight and quite possibly still be undefeated after tonight. We aren't a bad team we haven't been able to put everything together for entire games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
My ******* god.... its either a blowout win or a heartbreak loss. Theres no goddamn middleground.

My heart cant take this ****!

Of our 6 losses, 4 have been by 3 points, 2 have been by 4 points. Every single game this season we've been in it until the final drive.
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks alot ST . . I hate you

What is going on at the end of that game. I heard collinsworth ( i think it was him) say "this is where the inexperience is going to show" or somthin like that in reference to flynn. I cant help but think if rodgers is in it doesnt go any differently. you have to blame that one on the coaching staff. There should have been two plays sent in, that cost us the game. If the packers line up and snap it and get a first down, we get one, maybe two more shots at the endzone. that shits jus frustrating.

Flynn just increased his value significantly, not just in the trade market, but to the packers. He is a good backup qb, something i might not have said before the season.

Raji is a beast. Is he acting like he is eating something in the sack celebration? I think he is, but cant really tell.

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN (woke up my brother yelling this..twice)

I had this chalked up as a loss for gb but was pleasantly suprised to watch a good game. This gives me alot of confidence in GB moving forward. we can make some noise in the playoffs if we finsh strong and get in.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm down on McCarthy because his teams are 2-14 in close games like this. I wasn't expecting a win, and I'm not even that upset over a loss tonight(considerng how well they played) but time and time again they just find ways to NOT seal the deal at the end. I wish that would change

in any case....hoping the Vikes can somehow steal a game tomorrow. Packers control their destiny either way, and thats all that matters. It's on them now. 2 home games to finish it out. They need to treat each as a playoff game
Old 12-19-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And I think we're clearly better than the Giants and the Bears. We should be able to take care of those games, and even though we lost tonight's game should give the team some confidence.

Our pass defense is much better than it was a year ago, and we won't be facing a trio of Fitz/Boldin/Breaston. In the first round we'd likely play the Bears. I'm not overly concerned about Johnny Knox and Earl Bennett. The Saints and Eagles are the only teams who's receivers could be a problem and we wouldn't see them until the championship game.
ugh, eagles...playoffs...every year
Old 12-19-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the team is getting tired as the season goes on and the injuries continue to pile. There isn't any position, other than WR, where we have the needed depth to make a playoff run. If the Packers actually get into the Playoffs, I could easily see them getting eliminated the first game
Just like we did last year, going in hotter than hell.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm down on McCarthy because his teams are 2-14 in close games like this. I wasn't expecting a win, and I'm not even that upset over a loss tonight(considerng how well they played) but time and time again they just find ways to NOT seal the deal at the end. I wish that would change

in any case....hoping the Vikes can somehow steal a game tomorrow. Packers control their destiny either way, and thats all that matters. It's on them now. 2 home games to finish it out. They need to treat each as a playoff game
Ok, so who do you want coaching this team then?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Ok, so who do you want coaching this team then?
Don't know who is available. I wouldn't want Gruden. Cowher would be nice but that's a pipedream. Give me some time to research a bit more, I'm buzzed and venting. GIve me a break lol

I think McCarthy gets another year(justified) but I just worry that his teams just cant win the big one. They've had 6 close defeats this year....and if you want to go back, their last 8 losses have all been nailbiters, starting with the last second loss to Pitt last year

just hate that at the end of games, I have all this hope, but in the back of my mind I'm expecting them to somehow blow it.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I don't want McCarthy to be fired, but if anyone were to replace him I'd want it to be Capers. We'd have to find a real offensive coordinator though. Joe Philbin isn't going to cut it.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Don't know who is available. I wouldn't want Gruden. Cowher would be nice but that's a pipedream. Give me some time to research a bit more, I'm buzzed and venting. GIve me a break lol

I think McCarthy gets another year(justified) but I just worry that his teams just cant win the big one. They've had 6 close defeats this year....and if you want to go back, their last 8 losses have all been nailbiters, starting with the last second loss to Pitt last year

just hate that at the end of games, I have all this hope, but in the back of my mind I'm expecting them to somehow blow it.
Fair enough, and i understand because im pissed too. I just don't think firing MM helps the Packers and more importantly, the development of Aaron Rodgers.

I look at the Miami game as a very disappointing loss and even last week because that was det and it was in the NFC but injuries have really just gutted this team and seemingly MM and his entire staff deserve alot of credit for even having this team in contention.

By no means is MM perfect and i question his play calling sometimes but when you look at what Aaron has become under him and the fact that he hired Dom Mike is a very solid football coach.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our kick units once again were -7 net for us, just like the Bears game, and the Falcons game.

Against good teams, special teams often makes a difference.

When was the last time that was a + one for us against a good team?
1997 Super Bowl?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Oh, no doubt, McCarthy definitely is great at developing QB's. We saw what he did with Aaron Brooks during his time in New Orleans, and no doubt he's been a huge help to the development of Rodgers and now, obviously Flynn. No question about that

TBH, I think McCarthy would be a better overall coach if he got some help with the playcalling. It seems with him calling th eplays, he can't really focus on the other aspects, like motivating the team from the sideline, clock management, and challenges, etc. I'd like to see what he and this team can do if he had a a O Coordinator calling the plays for him, so he can focus on the other aspects
Old 12-19-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Our kick units once again were -7 . . .
When was the last time that was a + one for us against a good team?
1997 Super Bowl?
I think you are being sarcastic but iirc it was last year against detroit tramon returned a punt.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Only The Packers

-Last night was THE FIRST time in the NFL season that a team has had less than 20 minutes of time of possession, and still won the game.

-The kick return by Dan Conelly was the longest in NFL HISTORY by any offensive lineman.

-On that play, Diryal Briggs and Quinn Johnson took themselves out of the play early, and Charlie Peprah missed the tackle on the lumbering 315-pounder, and cost the team about 30 more yards.

-Tom Brady has at least one horse shoe up his rectum. He has still not thrown an Int for weeks, even though he hit Woodson right in the hands, had another one go through a linebackers hands, and had one tipped up into the air late in the game, but find some green turf instead of Packer hands.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

We are 8-6, and 4 of those 6 losses can be attributed to one special teams failure.

#1- The loss to the Bears where they allowed Hester's first PR for a TD in a few years. True, the zebra's did let them get away with one blatant illegal block in the back against Hawk on the play, and another ticky-tacky one against Quarless. True, there were 3 other bad calls by refs, one on a TD to Jermichael they called back and 2 on game-winning Ints by us. But still, the special teams cost us 7 points in that 3 point loss.

#2- Miami, which is a bad team that we should never lose to, at home especially. Again, the refs banged us on this one when they called Francois for being less than a yard away from their long snapper, even though he was the same spot on other punts and even though he didn't immediately bull rush him as the rule states. A bad call, but nonetheless, that call was as big as a turnover, and the Dolphins got their game-winning points after that. Another 3 point, OT loss.

#3- Atlanta... after Rodgers comes up Joe Montana-Super Bowl clutch, the kick return unit allows a huge return to get into FG range almost which costs us the game on another FG loss at the end.

#4- Last night, we allow an NFL ALL TIME record to a slow white offensive lineman, where 2 of our guys take each other out, and then Peprah allows the guy to get an extra 30 yards.

In all of those 4 games, our special teams lost points in a close game.
None of those games, or any close wins, did our special teams MAKE A PLAY that provided positive points and helped us win.

Our draft in April and any FA signings, and COACHING moves, 100% of the focus needs to be on injecting value to special teams. Start with a new ST coach.

We lose close games all the time, and that 3rd phase always costs us!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

i really think dan connoly is faster than roethlisberger. . . big ben looks SO slow, and he runs straight up and down. Maybe if he leaned forward a bit he could pick up some steam

On Andrew Luck
Quote: