Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Turner to the Packers?

Quote:
RUMORS FLY OF TURNER TO PACKERS
We continue to hear rumors from media sources of a possible trade of Chargers running back to the Green Bay Packers.
Turner, a restricted free agent, has been tendered at the highest possible level. Signing him to an offer sheet would subject his team to the sacrifice of a first-round pick and a third-round pick in next month's draft. Earlier this week, Falcons quarterback Matt Schaub, who had carried the same restriction as Turner, was traded to the Texans.
The Packers definitely have a need at the tailback position, given the departure of Ahman Green, who like Schaub will play in 2007 for Houston. The only other running backs with experience on the roster are Vernand Morency and Noah Herron.
Turner is a highly-regarded backup to NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson. But the reality for the Chargers is that, if he plays for the team in 2007, he'll be completely unrestricted in 2008.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

From PFT so take it for what its worth
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I wouldn't mind that at all. A chance at either Nelson or Landry would be great

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
I wouldn't mind that at all. A chance at either Nelson or Landry would be great
Where do you get anywhere from there that they would give their first for him?

Don't get me wrong, as a Bears fan I would **** my pants if the Packers were stupid enough to give up a 1st for Turner, but I think that's wishful thinking.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I don't really see what the Packers would give up to get Turner. They don't have much ammunition on the roster and they more than likely don't want to get rid of draft picks.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've seen I really like Turner, but whether I like the trade or not depends on what we would have to give up.

How do those of you who have seen Turner play alot think he'll fit in a zone blocking scheme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone in the Packers thread posted a rumor that they would swap firsts and thirds.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they gave up a 1st and a 3rd for Turner alone that would be a BIG time mistake by Green Bay

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I don't really see what the Packers would give up to get Turner. They don't have much ammunition on the roster and they more than likely don't want to get rid of draft picks.
Not for a 1st and a 3rd. That's ridiculous for Turner. If SD changes their demands, maybe.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Where do you get anywhere from there that they would give their first for him?

Don't get me wrong, as a Bears fan I would **** my pants if the Packers were stupid enough to give up a 1st for Turner, but I think that's wishful thinking.
If TT values Turner more than say, Marshawn Lynch, it could be a possibilty, though definitely not our 1st and 3rd. That said, I don't know enough about Turner to think that he'd be valued that high. I would think a 2nd rounder or higher may be a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They won't give up a first they will work some thing else out if the deal goes done.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I can't see Ted Thompson trading draft picks. He would rather build through the draft.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely don't want to give up our 1st for him. that would be terrible. Swapping 1st and 3rds would be alright but I'm still not too big on the idea.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I can't see Ted Thompson trading draft picks. He would rather build through the draft.
Right on!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I meant that we would give Turner to the Packers along with the #30 pick for the #16

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In AJ's first offseason press conference, he wasn't committed to saying Turner will be a Charger in 07 and mentioned all the different ways they could go with him. If it was for #16 and a third, with Turner and #30 to GB, that puts the Chargers in range for Reggie Nelson and all the players in the mix for the #2 WR, be that Meachem, Bowe or Ginn. The Chargers would also have a second and a three thirds. It seems like more draft picks than the team really needs, so the team can move up higher in the second round, or perhaps back into the first, to get whoever they covet (say it was Nelson in the first, it could be Hill in the 2nd, or if it was Ginn in the first, it could be Merriweather or Weddle in the 2nd). Sounds good to me, but I still think AJ would lean more towards keeping Turner than trading him at this moment.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Not for a 1st and a 3rd. That's ridiculous for Turner. If SD changes their demands, maybe.
That isn't there demands, it is just the RFA tender. What the Packers are offering was never mentioned in that post. I could see them swapping 1st rounders or GB sending over their 2nd. Turner is better than all the 2nd round backs and not much older.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
In AJ's first offseason press conference, he wasn't committed to saying Turner will be a Charger in 07 and mentioned all the different ways they could go with him. If it was for #16 and a third, with Turner and #30 to GB, that puts the Chargers in range for Reggie Nelson and all the players in the mix for the #2 WR, be that Meachem, Bowe or Ginn. The Chargers would also have a second and a three thirds. It seems like more draft picks than the team really needs, so the team can move up higher in the second round, or perhaps back into the first, to get whoever they covet (say it was Nelson in the first, it could be Hill in the 2nd, or if it was Ginn in the first, it could be Merriweather or Weddle in the 2nd). Sounds good to me, but I still think AJ would lean more towards keeping Turner than trading him at this moment.
Nobody is going to make that trade.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nobody is going to make that trade.
What is Turner worth then? If his value is much less, it's not worth the Chargers time.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
What is Turner worth then? If his value is much less, it's not worth the Chargers time.
He has one more year on the team. You're asking for the value of a 1st round pick for a backup runningback that you're going to have for one more year.

Granted the Falcons fleeced the Texans but there are a few differences.

1)The Packers (unfortunately) aren't that stupid.
2)Teams take chances on QB's all the time. Runningbacks aren't worth nearly as much.
3)While Turner is a hot name, I would argue that the buzz around Schaub was even higher (albeit unjustifiably)

Old 03-23-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the situation similar to the Schaub (minus the positional different between the two). I'm guessing Turner's value is less.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no no no no no nooooo please no

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He has one more year on the team. You're asking for the value of a 1st round pick for a backup runningback that you're going to have for one more year.

Granted the Falcons fleeced the Texans but there are a few differences.

1)The Packers (unfortunately) aren't that stupid.
2)Teams take chances on QB's all the time. Runningbacks aren't worth nearly as much.
3)While Turner is a hot name, I would argue that the buzz around Schaub was even higher (albeit unjustifiably)

According to the value chart, a trade down in the first, and an extra third, has the value of a high second. I could, hypothetically, see a team doing this to obtain Turner's rights to lock him up long term, rather than compete with a myriad of teams next year in a bidding war. Besides, Green Bay needs a strong runner this year, not next year. This year's draft doesn't look very strong for second round backs, if that's what GB is targeting.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Is the situation similar to the Schaub (minus the positional different between the two). I'm guessing Turner's value is less.
That would be valid.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody's gonna give you anything more than a round 2 pick for a RB that will be a FA in a year anyway. Nobody is that dumb. You'll be lucky to even get a 3rd for him. Shaun Alexander didn't go for a 2nd, what makes you think Turner will with only 1 year left on his contract? Not happening.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont wanna see him on such a boring team like green bay.. i'd rather see him on a team like Tennessee or sumn but i guess noone else needs an RB

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote