Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
According to the value chart, a trade down in the first, and an extra third, has the value of a high second. I could, hypothetically, see a team doing this to obtain Turner's rights to lock him up long term, rather than compete with a myriad of teams next year in a bidding war. Besides, Green Bay needs a strong runner this year, not next year. This year's draft doesn't look very strong for second round backs, if that's what GB is targeting.
I dunno what chart you're using but I have a late 1st.

Either way, runningbacks are not like quarterbacks. Nobody is that concerned with "locking up his rights" when you can just sign somebody else or draft another guy in the 3rd or 4th round that could likely get you the same type of production.

GM's regard most runningbacks like they do washcloths nowadays.

I realize that you're a Chargers fan and you want to get as much as you can, I just don't see it happening.

I would say a mid 2nd is possible (or the swapping of the two 1sts). Anything more than that is stupid. But...it only takes one stupid GM (see Houston) so you are correct in saying that it potentially could happen.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote