Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-14-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He did, for the most part, do nothing. He was a body. His sacks came on plays when the pocket collapsed from the other side and the quarterback drifted his way. Most people would have gotten those. He never "generated pressure" by beating his man or anything of that nature. The expectations set were him were fairly modest. Nobody thought he would have the 16 sack season he had in Oakland, but he wasn't even useful at times. Inconsistent, and team ran it RIGHT at him last year and he did nothing about it. Hurt this team way more than he helped it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK... Watch the games again. I did and I was surprised. It is what it is - but it's not what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What part of it? Being decimated against the run(him and Tully)? The inability to get off blocks? If we didn't resign him, he wouldn't have a contract for an NFL team this year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-16-2010, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 9ers are shopping Kentwan Balmer. Should we have any interest in him? Although he's been under the radar he's been really solid at DE for them, and we could use some help there. He was a first round pick a few years back, byt we might be able to pick him up for a third rounder and a conditional draft pick I guess.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Balmer's got a lot of talent but I haven't heard much of him since he's been drafted, we definitely could use another body at end though. Having a talented young guy to develop would be a big plus.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:57 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Mike Reiss has listed the players who are FAs after this season. I've bolded the players I think should be handed a new contract. Names in italic are players who could be nice to keep, but are not necessary and can be replaced quite easily:

CB Kyle Arrington
S Josh Barrett
RB Kevin Faulk

K Shayne Graham
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
OL Matt Light
S Bret Lockett
OL Logan Mankins
S Brandon McGowan
RB Sammy Morris
OL Quinn Ojinnaka
S Jarrad Page
DL Darryl Richard
RB Fred Taylor
DL Gerard Warren
OL Ryan Wendell
LB Tracy White

Quote:

Last edited by Razor : 12-23-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Forgot Jarrad Page
Old 12-23-2010, 07:04 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Mike Reiss has listed the players who are FAs after this season. I've bolded the players I think should be handed a new contract. Names in italic are players who could be nice to keep, but are not necessary and can be replaced quite easily:

CB Kyle Arrington
S Josh Barrett
RB Kevin Faulk

K Shayne Graham
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
OL Matt Light
S Bret Lockett
OL Logan Mankins
S Brandon McGowan
RB Sammy Morris
OL Quinn Ojinnaka
S Jarrad Page
DL Darryl Richard
RB Fred Taylor
DL Gerard Warren
OL Ryan Wendell
LB Tracy White
I would put Matt Light in bold until we have a definite replacement for him. Worst case scenario he is a very good back up next year.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I would put Matt Light in bold until we have a definite replacement for him. Worst case scenario he is a very good back up next year.
I agree. I think some of you are way to hard on him. I'm not sure I'm ready to turn the reigns over to a rookie OT without a guy like Light in the fold to ensure there's a high level of talent + experience.

With that said, it totally depends on what he's looking for in a contract. Several years at his current rate (4.5M this year) is out of the question.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't want to keep Light. We already have a replacement in Vollmer, who outperformed him for an extended stretch at the same position last year and continues to be the better of the two at RT. I'm comfortable starting a rookie RT next year. That's a fairly easy position to slip into and make an impact.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-23-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, with Light, I think it all depends on what kind of deal he's looking for.
If he's willing to take backup role with the pay... then I'd welcome him back

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

If he'll be a backup, sure. But I doubt he would settle for that. Despite his struggles, you can do a lot worse than Matt Light and other teams around the league know that and would be willing to pay him to start, possibly at RT.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-23-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then thanks for your services! Fair well!

Old 12-23-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id rather have light start next year and have the new guy come in and get some experience for a year. that way, you protect yourself from rookie mistakes and injury...... no love for kevin faulk? i think he will retire personally, but do u think woodhead has completely replaced him moving forward?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
id rather have light start next year and have the new guy come in and get some experience for a year. that way, you protect yourself from rookie mistakes and injury...... no love for kevin faulk? i think he will retire personally, but do u think woodhead has completely replaced him moving forward?
Yes and no. Woodhead can do all the things Faulk was doing (not quite as well in the little things yet), but there's still a place for Faulk with Woodhead.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

CB Kyle Arrington
S Josh Barrett
RB Kevin Faulk

K Shayne Graham
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
OL Matt Light
S Bret Lockett
OL Logan Mankins
S Brandon McGowan
RB Sammy Morris
OL Quinn Ojinnaka
S Jarrad Page
DL Darryl Richard
RB Fred Taylor
DL Gerard Warren
OL Ryan Wendell
LB Tracy White
pass on Gerard Warren. Ty Warren will be starting at one end, Wilfork on the Nose, Pryor and Wright in the Nickel. That's 4 of the 6 or 7 DL that NE will carry. I think they'll keep Brace and probably Deaderick. Then I really think they will draft a high pick to come play in NE at the other starting DE.

Warren may get another contract, but I would expect him to be released in training camp.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yes and no. Woodhead can do all the things Faulk was doing (not quite as well in the little things yet), but there's still a place for Faulk with Woodhead.
I'm fine with moving ahead with woodhead, hes proven hes more then capable of taking on the role and then some. I don't remeber the last time we had Faulk in on first and second downs just to run and get the yardage Woodhead does. That kid just can squeeze through holes and plow ahead. The kid is already a fan favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still want to see Kevin Faulk in a Patriots uniform. It's just too hard for me to fathom him not in one, yet.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I can't fathom Faulk NOT in a Pats uni.
Then again, like Jvig said, Woody can play every down. I love that about him.
When Faulk was in, 90% of the time it was a pass

Old 01-02-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking Eric Moore has solved some of the questions at OLB... He's been an absolute beast.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm thinking Eric Moore has solved some of the questions at OLB... He's been an absolute beast.
Yeah... I worry quite a lot about that. If BB thinks he has a starter in Moore he might opt note to draft an OLB yet again. No matter how impressive Moore's been we need talent at OLB. Ninko's also played very well this year, but none of them has shown that they can be the terror on the outside that we need so bad. If our OLBs were Cunningham, Kerrigan, Moore and Ninko next year I'd feel a lot better about this defense, although it is showing a lot of sign that they're evolving into an elite unit. I'm very excited about our defense and Moore, but I still want a stud OLB.

Quote:
Old 01-02-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
He actually lines up more as a DE in nickel situations, but the point is largely the same. He's been really, really good. Got consistent penetration today. Still more of a useful rotational guy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know everyone loves Kerrigan, but I'm just as high on Ayers, either way I hope we grab one of them.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Eh. Eh. Ehhhhhhhh. Ayers confuses me. He's been hurt this year, but for a guy with his triangle numbers he doesn't play near as hard as you expect. "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" is never a good label for a linebacker. Not physical enough for my liking or polished as a pass rusher.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-05-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh. Eh. Ehhhhhhhh. Ayers confuses me. He's been hurt this year, but for a guy with his triangle numbers he doesn't play near as hard as you expect. "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" is never a good label for a linebacker. Not physical enough for my liking or polished as a pass rusher.
ayers would be interesting. if you want your two olbs to have different skills, then ayers would be a better fit than kerrigan. cunningham is a guy who doesnt play too much in space and his forte is rushing the passer. ayers is the more athletic guy who would be decent in pass coverage. but he does have the versatility to rush the passer, but not even close to as good as kerrigan. its interesting how BB would choose between the two... i think it comes down to what you u want ur OLB opposite to cunningham to do better: pass coverage or pass rushing

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ayers is talented but I couldn't see us taking him because he plays pretty soft. His versatility and talent would be great in our scheme, I just don't think he is physical or tough enough.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote