Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-23-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I don't know about Herron, but I definitely think Pryor, Posey and Adams will bolt now. I think Mike has the most to gain here, he's the only first rounder out of the 3 IMO.
Adams has not had a great season, I think he'd be a late rounder at best if he declared now. Herron was already in heavy consideration of leaving, so we will see.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Adams has not had a great season, I think he'd be a late rounder at best if he declared now. Herron was already in heavy consideration of leaving, so we will see.
Didn't he get first-team All-Big 10?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
UN******BELIEVABLE!!
What apologists.... again, this shows they're more concerned with the BS BCS bowl crap games than anything else, especially fairness and rules.

They did bad enough that they're suspended for 5 games right? But the excuse is these fools didn't receive adequate education on these things? Really?

Now I will be rooting for the SEC once again against the Buckeyes!

They're only 0-9 against the SEC in bowl games anyway... they could use a little support ya know...
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
They're only 0-9 against the SEC in bowl games anyway... they could use a little support ya know...
Incorrecto. Penn State beat LSU last year.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Incorrecto. Penn State beat LSU last year.
Lol... I was talking about Ohio Tate...
Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ah, I thought you meant Big 10 vs. SEC last year or something. My mistake.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, the Big10 is 6-5 vs the SEC in bowl games since 2002. HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM CHERRY PICKED NUMBAS?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
wow....this just made my day.
Cool. Now go find some other team to add to your front runner list. Oregon is pretty hot now and west coast so you should like them.

USC AND BSU AND OREGON OMG ITZ DA GIBBLZ
Old 12-23-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Didn't he get first-team All-Big 10?
Shane = Buckeye Eeyore
Old 12-23-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Yeah, the Big10 is 6-5 vs the SEC in bowl games since 2002. HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM CHERRY PICKED NUMBAS?
Not quite as impressive as the 0-9... but they'll do..
Old 12-23-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

********. I find it hilarious and ironic he's getting suspended for selling his sportsmanship award.

I like the crackdown by the NCAA on violations. They really need to start cleaning things like this up to bring some of the credibility back. But then things like Cam Newton getting the Heisman destroy the credibility. Everyone just accepts that these things happen at every school, and the crackdown lately should make programs look into putting a stop to it. I don't think selling your own things is wrong, but its against the rules so until they are changed, they should be enforced. Their bowl game excuse is lame as hell, and 5 games for this kind of violation is pretty rough. Akron, Toledo, Miami, Colorado, and Michigan State will be the games missed, so theres at least 2 losses penciled in there.

Dissapointing, but its whatever. I'd expect atleast Posey and Herron to declare for the draft now. Adams is a possibility, and I can see Pryor letting his ego get the better of him and deciding that he can go pro. I highly doubt he'll want to come back and play without the possibility of getting a Heisman, and likely with no hope of going undefeated and playing for a title.

Really puts OSU in a bind next year offensivly. If these guys all declare, we'll be losing Pryor, Herron, Saine, Posey, and Sanz. Thats a ton of the offensive production. Judging from past performances, I think Guiton will get the start of the season over Bauserman, and either Braxton Miller will get a shot at some point later, or Pryor can take over if he stays around. A ton of the offense is going to rely a ton on a combination of Jordan Hall and Jamal Berry, with a new QB and no receivers that have proven anything.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 12-23-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Not quite as impressive as the 0-9... but they'll do..
This is true. I can't believe that collectively all of the slave states have been whooping up on OSU all of these years. Ya'll must be so proud.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a real shame they are gonna go 0-5 against the murderer's row of Akron, Toledo, []_[], Colorado and Sparty
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Cool. Now go find some other team to add to your front runner list. Oregon is pretty hot now and west coast so you should like them.

USC AND BSU AND OREGON OMG ITZ DA GIBBLZ
My front runner list? the list that consists of the teams from LA.....where i am from...BSU from idaho...where i currently live.

Hmmm, sounds really out of this world i know.

shut the **** up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Why isn't OSU losing games retroactively for playing ineligible players?
Answer: It's Ohio State.

Mark May and the boys on ESPN College Football Today just CRUCIFIED the double-standard, hypocritical BCS and NCAA, Big Ten in general.
Hope everyone in the public eye does.

Where's by E Gordon Gee thread again?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Where's by E Gordon Gee thread again?
Don't get me started on that douchebag again....

And did you hear their AD talking on ESPN? He was saying about how they're going to submit "mitigating circumstances" to the NCAA or some other BS to try and get the suspensions reduced.

WTF!! Jesus H. Christ I hate Ohio ******* State. You think your above the ******* law. Your players sold **** they shouldn't have been selling....what the **** mitigating circumstances can there possibly be?

Translation: "We're going to remind the NCAA that we are Ohio State and get them to let our players off."

**** you Ohio State. You can burn in hell.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Don't get me started on that douchebag again....

And did you hear their AD talking on ESPN? He was saying about how they're going to submit "mitigating circumstances" to the NCAA or some other BS to try and get the suspensions reduced.

WTF!! Jesus H. Christ I hate Ohio ******* State. You think your above the ******* law. Your players sold **** they shouldn't have been selling....what the **** mitigating circumstances can there possibly be?

Translation: "We're going to remind the NCAA that we are Ohio State and get them to let our players off."

**** you Ohio State. You can burn in hell.
Yea, **** Ohio State and your self reporting wrong doing ****. Stupid honesty. Be like Auburn and pray no one finds out instead. Bastards.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Georgia's A.J. Green was suspended for 4 games for selling his jersey so there is a precedent for these type of circumstances. The only problem I have with the punishment is that they should sit out for the bowl game instead of still being allowed to play.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-23-2010 at 04:06 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Them playing the bowl game is ridiculous, and simply proves the NCAA and the BCS are nothing more than a money grab. Making the suspensions half of next season seems long, but then again im guessing many of thm will just choose to go pro and avoid it anyway.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Yea, **** Ohio State and your self reporting wrong doing ****. Stupid honesty. Be like Auburn and pray no one finds out instead. Bastards.
As soon as it was said that they will seek reduced suspensions, ANY good they might have done in this situation went out the window.

In fact, if you want to set an incredible precedent, self impose a suspension of those players for the bowl game as well.

Any illusion of the NCAA "maintaining the integrity of the game" went out the window when they weren't suspended for the bowl game. Absolute BS.

If Tressell really does care about the thing she says he does, he should suspend these players himself for the bowl game. Clearly team and unity and integrity and all of the other "rights things" he is saying mean nothing in the end.

And Auburn is a completely different situation, doesn't even compare. They investigated, and I still think they are letting Newton play because of the money involved. A few months from now, it'll probably come out that he is going to be in trouble as well, his Heisman will eventually be stripped and Auburn will lose the wins from this season...

...but not after the schools and NCAA squeeze every damn penny out of the situation.

The NCAA has become greedy and corrupt. The integrity of the game no longer matters to them so long as they get their money....it's going to take someone from within to ever change anything.

I'm hoping the SEC "secedes" from the NCAA...start their own college athletics association. They could probably convince Texas to join them and really threaten the NCAA.

I hope it happens. I hate the NCAA. I hate the BCS. And I hate that any sort of integrity the game could possess is now tarnished beyond all recognition.

/rant.

Last edited by BeerBaron : 12-23-2010 at 04:13 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Them playing the bowl game is ridiculous, and simply proves the NCAA and the BCS are nothing more than a money grab. Making the suspensions half of next season seems long, but then again im guessing many of thm will just choose to go pro and avoid it anyway.
Exactly, and if they do that then they come out unscathed. They should sit for the bowl game. I know that would make the bowl game less desirable to watch but that's just tough titty.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

calling BS on the "not informed" quote. There is literally 20 pages of documents every NCAA Student-Athlete has to sign and i'm pretty sure this is in there. Also, you have to attend a couple required presentations about NCAA rules, this being one of them.

these 5 guys can go off themselves for making the required compliance meetings another 10 minutes longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Exactly, and if they do that then they come out unscathed. They should sit for the bowl game. I know that would make the bowl game less desirable to watch but that's just tough titty.
Like I said, Tressell should suspend them himself. He is saying all the "right things" now, about how these aren't the values that he teaches and blah blah blah.....team team team, values values values...

Suspend them yourself. You have the power. Don't play them. SHOW that these are the values you teach and believe in.

But he won't. He knows he needs them to win. My respect for anything Ohio State related continues to ebb away.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I think its very comparable to the Auburn and Newton situation. The NCAA let Newton play because they made a ton of money off of him, and theyre going to do the same thing with the Buckeyes players for the bowl games.

And I definitely think its the right thing for the school to both turn in the violation, and fight for it to be reduced. Ethically, they should turn themselves in, but no one does. And at the same time, these are their players. Of course they're going to fight for a shorter suspension. I mean why not? It never hurts to ask. The worst thing the NCAA can do is say no.

5 games seems like a lot for something like this. But the rules are the rules, and everyone knew them. Its up to the program, coaches, and other players to police themselves against things like this. I think the rules like this need reevaluated, but as of now it is what it is.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I think its very comparable to the Auburn and Newton situation. The NCAA let Newton play because they made a ton of money off of him, and theyre going to do the same thing with the Buckeyes players for the bowl games.
exactly. If they declare him ineligible now, do they forfeit every game he played in? it's too messy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote