Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-23-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I got excited at first when I saw Lewis-Clark State University because I know a few guys from my HS that went to Lewis & Clark College in Portland but then I realized they were two different places...
Yeah its really weird because we are so close, and both schools mascot is the warriors haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Ive lived in Idaho much longer than i lived in Cali, so i guess you could consider us Idahoans....but the winter hasnt been too bad the last couple years, but could get brutal at any given moment.
Word. I definitely want to visit there... in the summer :)
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Word. I definitely want to visit there... in the summer :)
Come on down. Take ya out on the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is true. I can't believe that collectively all of the slave states have been whooping up on OSU all of these years. Ya'll must be so proud.

Yeah we get tired of beating up on each other all the time in the SEC. Every now and then the Yanks from up north deserve a dose of good ol' fashion country boy a** whoopin'.

On the bright side, OSU has the opportunity to make it an even 0-10 in few weeks ;)
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you want a good laugh:

http://sportsrings.net/home.php

The other two teams on there shouldn't be surprising either.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
If you want a good laugh:

http://sportsrings.net/home.php

The other two teams on there shouldn't be surprising either.
Meh, if I was a bench player and was going on to some entry-level position I'd sell that ****. What am I going to do? Wear it around? "WOW, YOU WERE ON THE TIDE?! WERE YOU GOOD?!" "Well, I rode the bench but my moral support was really the key."

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Yeah we get tired of beating up on each other all the time in the SEC. Every now and then the Yanks from up north deserve a dose of good ol' fashion country boy a** whoopin'.

On the bright side, OSU has the opportunity to make it an even 0-10 in few weeks ;)
Joking aside, I think 0-10 will happen, regardless of suspensions. I also think it's BS that they aren't suspended for the SB. I hope JT mulls it over and does it. Integrity means a lot. At the end of the day he's just a football coach, no matter what pedestal people in Ohio put him on.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joking aside, I think 0-10 will happen, regardless of suspensions. I also think it's BS that they aren't suspended for the SB. I hope JT mulls it over and does it. Integrity means a lot. At the end of the day he's just a football coach, no matter what pedestal people in Ohio put him on.

Can't disagree with you there, it just doesn't make much sense from where I'm standing either. Either way, it's still peanuts compared to what's going on at Aubarn.

Bias aside, I can only in good conscience favor one Big-10 team in the bowl matchups with the SEC. I think Penn St. beats Florida.

Other than that, I like the SEC in all the other matchups with Big-10 teams... if I was a betting man, of course. o-O
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only they had chosen to steal laptops instead of sell their own property in order to make money they wouldn't be suspended.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should've gotten Cecil Newton to sell their gear for them.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:00 AM    (permalink
BlockO22
Rookie

BlockO22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

as of right now, none of Pryor, Posey, Adams, or Herron are going to go pro

obviously things could change, but they have told people on the team and close to OSU football they will return and make up for this. None of them want to go out like this or be remembered for this.
BlockO22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...t.html?sid=101

Quote:
Julie Posey is grateful that her son DeVier has an athletic scholarship to Ohio State.

A widow with four children, she appreciates that the scholarship provides for tuition, books and room and board. But she also is fully aware of what an athletic scholarship does not cover, which is virtually everything else.

It is a gap that she estimates costs her thousands of dollars per year in miscellaneous living expenses.

blah blah blah...

Julie Posey said the NCAA - not her son and not Ohio State - is the real guilty party.

"The NCAA is amazing," she said. "Every time you turn around, they come up with something new to ensure that the young men that have poured their hearts and souls and energy and intellect into their craft are continually kept at a disadvantage when everybody else around them is running to the bank."
What a ******* twat.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Pretty much. Also a sad indication of the state of American society today. Entitlement and it's always somebody else's fault.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, you mean she only has to pay a few thousand each year for her son to attend Ohio State? You mean that room and board & tuition and fees, which runs to about 20k a year (sauce) only costs you a few thousand? **** you, lady.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...pat&id=5951832

Pat Forde:

NCAA ruling defies common sense

A few clips:

Quote:
Newton said he didn't know that his father attempted to sell Cam's services to Mississippi State for $180,000. That deniability has kept Newton on the field as the Tigers have marched into the BCS National Championship Game.
Quote:
Thursday at Ohio State, we learned that five players didn't know it was a no-no to sell championship rings, game gear and personal awards for cash. Why didn't they know? According to the NCAA release, the players "did not receive adequate rules education" from the school at the time of the transgressions, which occurred in 2009. That deniability will allow all five to play in the Buckeyes' Sugar Bowl showdown with Arkansas on Jan. 4.
Quote:
So there you have it, future NCAA rules breakers of America (and your parents). Go for the gold. When you get caught, shrug and say, "Why, I had no idea." Blame it on your dad and/or a negligent compliance staff at your university.
Quote:
The NCAA has done it again, producing a ruling that defies common sense and provokes suspicions about ulterior motives.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, can anyone explain to me the difference between these 2 high profile QB's cases and that of Rhett Bomar a few years back at Oklahoma?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should have given everything to their parents as gifts. Then the parents should have turned around and solid it. When the NCAA comes questioning to the athletes play the idiot card.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bad form! Mama Posey is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
bad form! Mama Posey is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
Apparently, also one of the dumbest. Looks like the apple doesn't fall from the tree in that case.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think biased is a better word than dumb here.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Wait, you mean she only has to pay a few thousand each year for her son to attend Ohio State? You mean that room and board & tuition and fees, which runs to about 20k a year (sauce) only costs you a few thousand? **** you, lady.
Mines 30k a year. IDK if Posey is in state or out, but out of state is over 30k now.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Apparently, also one of the dumbest. Looks like the apple doesn't fall from the tree in that case.
She knows whats shes talking about here. Its definitely not a dumb argument, whether or not you agree with it. These college players are given very little compared to the money that everyone else in college football is making. And rules about selling their own personal property are ********.

And at the same time, I'm sure Posey only sold things when he was in a desperate need of money to buy lifes necesities. Like tattoos.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Mines 30k a year. IDK if Posey is in state or out, but out of state is over 30k now.
Posey is from Cincy, so he's in-state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
She knows whats shes talking about here.
No, she doesn't.

Quote:
Its definitely not a dumb argument, whether or not you agree with it. These college players are given very little compared to the money that everyone else in college football is making.
Yeah, I feel just so bad for the kids who have their education, books, housing, injuries and training table meals paid for. I'll weep for them the next time I write out my check for my student loans. Oh, wait, there's a ******* concept. If you're so strapped for cash (hint: they're not), get a ******* loan. Work a job in the summer. Get the **** out of here with that ****. Great, Ohio State football makes money. Most D-1 programs don't. Plus, thanks to Title IX, if you want to pay Terrelle Pryor, you also pay the backup libero on the women's volleyball team. Posey and everyone else get plenty.

College football players get the most of any student and ***** the most of any student. If a kid tears their ACL and needs surgery, who pays for it? Right, the school. I hear the Woody Hayes Athletic Center is quite the workout facility for the Buckeye athletes. I wonder how the school pays for it. Oh, right, all of the money that apparently goes to the "evil NCAA". By all accounts, Texas has a weight room that would probably make most S&C coaches (oh hey, there's someone else who gets paid because of football's profit) fall to their knees and cry tears of joy. I wonder how they paid for it.

The Buckeyes' beloved coach and his multi-million dollar salary? Paid for by the team's profits. But yeah, let's ***** and cry about this "travesty". I'll switch positions with DeVier Posey. He can have my student loans and I'll take the free education. I bet you I can make enough money to survive.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And they do get paid. The Pell Grant is out there. The money for books is double what ANYONE would spend on books. When I was an RA for some of the football players, one kid bought his books then used the rest of the cash to buy new tennis shoes.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

You list all the people that get paid because of OSU players, but the players aren't among that group. When it comes down to it Posey as the example is going to end up with about 60k if he stays all for years. Nice pay day certainly, but nothing outrageous or even comparble to what the others involved in college football are making.

I don't think they should be paid, but players certainly should be able to sell their own property to anyone thats willing to buy it.