Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Ehhh, I don't know, Jerry says they could sign him to a long term deal after this year....
Old 03-23-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
My money is that we take a WR, actually. Robert Meachum, to be exact.

Oh, and if there was any question, Jerry stated Hamlin will be a FS:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multime...600533EB45290C

Right in the beginning of the Press Conference.
I'm really excited about this signing! I just had a revelation! This is gonna be shhhhweeeet!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Ehhh, I don't know, Jerry says they could sign him to a long term deal after this year....
I'm pretty sure, we'll lock him up before FA starts next year.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really understand this signing for Dallas. They already have a hard hitting safety with coverage issues in Roy, so they sign another hard hitting safety with coverage issues in Hamlin? I think their pass defense is going to live and die with their pass rush like a few others have mentioned because those guys won't be able to cover anything.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suprised they didn't go draft with safety but they must have felt that this was their best option.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I don't really understand this signing for Dallas. They already have a hard hitting safety with coverage issues in Roy, so they sign another hard hitting safety with coverage issues in Hamlin? I think their pass defense is going to live and die with their pass rush like a few others have mentioned because those guys won't be able to cover anything.
I think Hamlin's ability to deliver hits leaves impressions in people's minds that he can't cover. Seriously, I think that's true. He's not Ed Reed, but then again... there is only 1 Ed Reed. If you look around the league, there aren't many elite cover safeties. Hamlin is certainly one of the better FS's around and he's a young guy hitting his prime.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Suprised they didn't go draft with safety but they must have felt that this was their best option.
I'll take Hamlin and the ability to draft something other than Safety over Michael Griffin. Reggie Nelson falling to 22 was becoming a hopeless wish.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

The key to this move is the contract. Jerry Jones did not give up big money for Hamlin, which gives the team room to develop, or even start Watkins if need be. Either way, Hamlin provides a valuable veteran presence in the secondary. If he doesn't pan out, it's not a huge hit.

This should also rid us of any rumors of Anthony Henry moving to safety.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Nice financial move...$2.5 million, right?

I was courting the Giants to sign this kid since the day FA opened. I question him and Roy playing together but nonetheless, there is no long term committment here and I assume this will be a one year showcase for him to earn big bucks next year, which always brings the best out in players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was probably the most sought after FA in the fantasy offseason.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The Cowboys #1 going into FA is still the #1 need. Unfortunately there were no available players at the position worth considering.

Nose Tackle.

We have to make a move up for Branch or move down and take Tyler.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The Cowboys #1 going into FA is still the #1 need. Unfortunately there were no available players at the position worth considering.

Nose Tackle.

We have to make a move up for Branch or move down and take Tyler.
I question Branch as a 3-4 NT. He'd be a beast at DE for you though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I question Branch as a 3-4 NT. He'd be a beast at DE for you though.
A lot of people question it because of his height. What's he gonna do??? Get pushed back??? hahahahahaha! yeah... right!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A lot of people question it because of his height. What's he gonna do??? Get pushed back??? hahahahahaha! yeah... right!
That's how I feel about Branch, too. Generally, you don't want your nose to be to tall, cause they lose the leverage battle. However, Branch reminds me a lot of John Henderson in that, even though they're tall, they're simply too big and too powerful to get pushed around.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping he would sign with the Titans, but instead we signed Bran Scott....... :(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's intersting that he's been out there so long and that numerous teams chose supposedly inferior talent to him.

Hawks went with Deon Grant and Brian Ruseell over him.

Saints went with Kevin Kasehviaevaknarharn over him.

Anywho, I'm sure it won't hurt. I would guess at this point in the game the contract numbers are reasonable, but you never know.
regardless of their decision who do you think the better safety is out of hamlin, and all those players?

maybe he wanted more then what those players did, who knows...but i know it enables us to grab a different position first rd to fill an impact position and im happy about it....either way, hamlin is a solid safety, a VERY big upgrade over watkins, in an area which was a big weakness for us...

and for all the haters, how many people honestly think nelson would be around by the time we actually pick? its alot of teams who need a safety before we do, and as soon as it gets to around pick #15 he's probably BPA at that point, so why are people acting like we chose him over nelson....its no chance he's there, ill almost go on record as to saying thats a sure thing

its a good move, i trust hamlin over watkins or any rookie safety that would bee available, it lets watkins be a backup and continue to learn, so we can go after another need first rd....

jus for the record, id love the aaron ross pick right there, boost the secondary as a whole, which was our main weakness....and grab an impact D lineman 2nd rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Our secondary wasn;t a weakness at all, it was our pass rush, and now with Wade Phillips, thats fixed. Henry is staying at CB, and when healthy he is one of the best #2's in the league. We shouldn't even think about a CB till round 3. NT is our only moderate need now. If we get a Nose Tackle of the future for when Fergy leaves, our team is pretty much great, and anything below the NFC Title game would be a dissapointment.

Oh and to those who don't think Hamlin can cover, stop be a hater just because he is a Cowboy now. He has atleast above average coverage skills, and is better than anything we had before, plus he was dirt cheap, so please tell me how this signing was not GREAT?