Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 12-09-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Louis Rams

A lot of these first couple needs will obviously depend on depth in the situations, Rams don't have one glaring need over another, a lot of areas still need improvement

1) Right Defensive End - The Rams are relatively high-ranking in sacks among the league this year but Spags love to have a dominant defense and although the linebackers have been huge this year and a pass-rushing DE on the other side of Chris Long would be huge for this defense.

2) Outside Linebacker (WILL or SAM) - Like I said the first three could be interchangeable so I'll talk about this one next. Right now the Rams have started this entire season with Na'il Diggs and Larry Grant on the outside of James Laurinaitis and while both those guys have showed they are excellent depth players at the position a true impact guy along side Animal Jr. would be a big pick up for the defense.

3) Wide Receiver - With the emergence of guys like Danny Amendola, Mark Clayton (before his knee was torn up), and now even Danario Alexander the WR position might not be the first round need it was a month or so ago but nonetheless there is still not an impact guy within this offense so someone with the size to pair with an injury risk like Alexander (I am a big Mizzou fan and it kills me to say that) would be great alongside the returning deep threats in Donnie Avery and Clayton.

4) Running Back - Steven Jackson is a beast but for years the Rams have needed a solid number 2 guy to spell him about 9-10 plays (and not just passing situations like Darby) and this is the year I hope the Rams actually snag a backup for Jackson.

5) Interior O-Line - The Rams have done a great job solidifying the LT, RT, LG, and C positions but the RG spot has been the big question mark for year. Adam Golberg hasn't been bad this year but some more young depth along the offensive line would be key.

6) Defensive Tackle - Decided to throw in a sixth need here for the Rams. The defensive tackle position hasn't always been the most important for Spags' defense but the Rams showed real interest in Suh and McCoy last year and so I think that shows they recognize that some young talent and depth is needed on the interior d-line.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Patriots:

Outside Linebacker - Jermaine Cunningham looks like a solid starter, but Rob Ninkovich and Tully Banta-Cain aren't anything special. Getting an impact pass rusher would be just what the doctor ordered. New England likes big, physical linebackers who can set the edge in the run game.

Center - Dan Koppen has a ton of experience and knows all the line calls, but New England has had trouble defending against pressure from up the middle this year, and Koppen isn't strong enough to defend against all the nose tackles in the league nowadays.

Offensive Tackle - Matt Light is 32 and in the last year of his contract. Sebastian Vollmer will start on one side of the line for the foreseeable future, but even if Matt Light re-signs, the Patriots will most likely look to start grooming a future replacement for him.

Wide Receiver - Brandon Tate has struggled to find his place in the offense and Taylor Price is a big project. Since trading Randy Moss, New England has lacked a wide receiver who commands special attention and can make plays downfield.

Running Back - BenJarvus Green-Ellis has played better than expected, and Danny Woodhead is a nice back as well, but neither one can be called a top-shelf runner. This team has lacked a feature back ever since Corey Dillon left.

Defensive End - Another position with solid contributors but no stud. This is a deep position with Ty Warren, Gerard Warren, Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick, and Mike Wright, but the team could be tempted to take a strong, two-gap defender who can control running lanes.

Offensive Guard - This is only a need if Logan Mankins doesn't return. Dan Connolly has been perhaps the team's most consistent lineman all year, but next season is Stephen Neal's last and a future starter at the position is needed.
I agree with your assessment but I feel the PATS will deal with the RB issues with FA. There are a lot of RB who will be FA who will move to other teams. BUSH (Oak) Thomas (NO) and Williams (MIA) are three backs that I think the PATS will make plays for.

I don't think the PATS will go for a WR early. They don't need a big WR to stretch a D. They get the ball to a playmaker and let them gain yards after the catch. It is a different philosophy then when they had Moss and I don't think they will try to go back to those days anytime soon. They are explosive this way. WR is not a high priority imo.

Add CB to the list. They will get Bodden back next year and a slew of former starters at other positions but I think that they will take a DE and an OLB with two of the first three picks because they need one of each but also because this is a good draft for those positions.

1. OLB
2. DE
3. CB
4. C-T-G (due to age) BPA
bhyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
gouldo
Rookie

gouldo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Miami need....lots.

Biggest need is a NEW OC.

1. Strong Safety
2. Running back with break away speed.
3. Pass catching TE
4. O Linemen, The only one that is a lock is Jake Long.
5. Middle LB to replace Crowder
6. WR.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
TMS34

1. New Head Coach to see what direction the team is going
2. Franchise QB - Hopefully we grab Luck and he's the face of the franchise. Want Clausen to play better so we can trade him.
3. DT -
4. DE - need a difference maker
5. WR
6. RG - I'd love to see a trade and grab Pouncey for this position
7. TE - Rosario could be good if used more. Will the next coach use this position more?
8. CB

I think the positions we DON'T need are RB, OT, LB and Safety (although if we don't get the #1 pick I'd take Peterson in a heartbeat)
Old 12-16-2010, 07:28 AM    (permalink
search24sc

I would also like some more information regarding this.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Doubja94
Rookie

Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.Doubja94 could make a wolverine purr.

Atlanta Falcons:
1.) DE- Biggest need IMO, Abe's gettin up there in age and we dont have anyone who can create a consistent pass rush opposite him. Bierrman is best as rotational player

Secondary needs(take BPA at anyone of the postions)
2.) LT/RT- Baker has been inconsistent the season(tho better as of late) Tyson Clabo has been a stud this year(just ask clay matthews) but is a free agent after the season
3.) CB- Dunta Robinson has definitly helped the secondary and Brent Grimes has been as good as you can be for being like 5-7. Could stand for an upgrade
4.) WR- Jenkins has been better than expected and Roddy is a god, so its not as high of a need but it never hurts to get Matt Ryan more weapons
5.) OLB- Mike peterson is likely a goner after the year, not sure if Nicholas starts next year in place of him, if so could still use depth
5.) TE- just in case Gonzalez were to retire after this year(I dont think he will)
Doubja94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
thefridge15
Rookie

thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings

1. Quarterback - Favre is done, if Jackson re-signs it will be for the backup spot or for spot starting if we are unable to draft a QB until 2nd or 3rd round.
2. Safety - Too many average guys, some below average, no ballhawks, no hard hitters, just warm bodies out there right now.
3. #1 Cornerback - Winfield is a slot corner and may move to safety, we have decent CB's, but just need a true shutdown guy.
4. DE - Ray Edwards is sure to leave in free agency, if not a first round guy then it would be better to draft one later and Robison would take the LDE.
5. O-Line - upgrade depth at any position
6. OLB - Could upgrade Leber, if not likely draft for depth, Greenway should see his money this offseason
Old 12-20-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins

1.qb
2.wr
3.dline
4.olb
5.interior o line
6.fs/cb

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:22 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team needs:

1. Pass rushing 4-3 DE - Stylez White is average and getting old. Crowder is meh. Kyle Moore is a bum. Michael Bennett is a high motor back up. Alex Magee is more of a LE IMO. We are 31st in the NFL in sacks and 3rd down conversion % allowed. Simply put, we are horrible at putting pressure on the opposing team's QB.

Bowers (2 year starter, All ACC 1st team)
Quinn (2 year starter, 2009 All ACC 1st team)
Kerrigan (Co-Captain, 3 year starter, 2 time All BIG 10 1st team)
Aldon Smith (2 year starter, 2009 All-BIG 12 2nd team)
Jeremy Beal (3 year starter, 2009 All BIG 12 2nd team, 2010 1st team)
Romeus (2 year starter, 2009 All BIG EAST 1st team)

2.4-3 Outside Linebacker - Geno Hayes is still young, but is way too light and inconsistent. Who knows if we can count on him even if he were a better player, because of his off the field issues. Quincy Black has been on the team for awhile and is currently on IR. Not saying that he isn't supposed ot be back to 100% before the season starts, but I think we have seen enough from him to know he is average at best. Hayward is a career special teamer. Would like to see more of what Watson can do in the next 2 games, but still think we should look to upgrade here in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Our run defense is horrible, 29th in yards per game and dead last in yards per rush. UGGHH!!

Akeem Ayers (2 year starter, All PAC 10 1st team)
Bruce Carter (4 year starter, All ACC 2nd team)
Martez Wilson (2 year starter, All Big 10 1st team)
Greg Jones, MLB (4 year starter, 3 time All BIG 10 1st team)
Zach Brown (2 year starter)

3. Safety
- Tanard Jackson has pro bowl talent in a junkie's body. He's supposed to come back after week 2 or 3 next year, but who knows if he can get his crap together and help this team make a playoff run in 2011. Sean Jones has been a nice addition, but he has been caught out of position this year and isn't a ball hawk. Cody Grimm was a very nice diamond in the rough and really helped to improve our run defense. Love his heart, attitude and text book tackling. Corey "Hard Knocks" Lynch is more of a ball hawk than Jones, but is a 3rd stringer and it shows. Larry Asante has yet to be activated to my knowledge so I have no opinion on him, other than what I saw from him at Nebraska. He's supposedly a thumper but brings nothing else to the table. We need a ball hawking, play making free safety to play alongside Grimm in the future Bucs secondary, IMO. Grimm could be special at Strong.

Quenton Carter ( 2 year starter, All BIG 12 1st team)
Rahim Moore (3 year starter, 2 time All PAC 10 1st team)
Eric Hagg (3 year starter, All BIG 12 1st team)
Mark Barron (2 year starter, 2 time All SEC 1st team)
Ahmad Black (3 year starter, All SEC 1st team)

4. Offensive Line (other than LT)
- Lets be honest these guys have been overrated when healthy and now that they have been hit with the injury bug we get to see that we have been doing ok with their backups/rookies filling in. Joseph and Faine are supposed to be the most talented, instead they are the most overrated, IMO. Trueblood lost his spot to James Lee after an early season injury and only got it back after Lee suffered a 2nd quarter injury in the Detroit game. Trueblood looks like he should be a mauling run blocker, exactly what I would expect out of a RT, but he isn't. Larsen and Zuttah are young OL that we have that have done well filling in this year. Not sure about Lee. I could live with any highly rated OL being drafted early.

Gabe Carimi (4 year starter, 2 time All BIG 10 1st team)
John Moffitt (4 year starter, 2 time ALL BIG 10 1st team)
Marcus Cannon (3 year starter, 2 time ALL MWC 1st team)
Nate Solder (3 year starter, All BIG 12 1st team)
Derek Sherrod (3 year starter, All SEC 1st team)
Anthony Castonzo (4 year starter, 2 time All ACC 1st team, 2008 2nd team)

5. Run stopping DE - See above for complete DE analysis. We could very well take 2 DE's this draft, much like how we doubled up on WR and DTs in 2010. If the elite pass rushers are gone by the time our pick comes up (which is very likely) and if we choose not to trade up, I would not be upset if the BPA in the second round was a strong LE. Wouldn't want to draft one in the first, though.

Jared Crick (2 year starter, 2 time All BIG 12 1st team)
J.J. Watt (2 year starter, All BIG 10 1st team)
Pernell McPhee (2 year starter, 2009 All SEC 2nd team and 2010 1st team)

6. Change of pace RB - some speed for our Blount Force Trauma. Don't know if we don't already have that in Kareem Huggins (IR), but if the BPA in the middle to late rounds is a fast, pass catching RB then so be it.

DeMarco Murray
Noel Devine
Kendal Hunter
Shane Vereen

7. Big bruising FB
- Earnest Graham is not a true FB. Pretty sure Blount is bigger. lol

Owen Marecic

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 01-09-2011 at 02:36 AM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My version of the Ravens needs:

1 - DE: We definitely need to upgrade the pass-rush and this is a weaker spot than our CBs. We don't just need a 3-4 DE, but a guy who could play both LE and the 5-technique while being able to get a pass-rush from both spots. A tall order to fill, but if we're going to keep Mattison around we need a player like this so our corners don't have to stay in coverage forever like they are now.

2 - ILB: Other than Lewis our #2 ILB spot has been awful this season. Part of that is because Jameel McClain and Tavares Gooden aren't good and part of that is because Ellerbe has been in Harbaugh's doghouse and hasn't seen the field much. Regardless the spot needs to be upgraded, and somebody that's more in the athletic/coverage mold might be a better fit than somebody who's main strength is taking on blocks.

3 - WR: Boldin has been a great addition to the receivers, but we still need guys to compliment him. Including him we only have three receivers under contract for next season as well (Mason and Reed being the other two), and Houshmanzadeh likely won't be back and Stallworth hasn't shown much either. We need speed on the outside, both in terms of a deep threat and somebody who can quickly separate from a defender. Adding another possession receiver won't help this offense.

4 - CB: This probably gets the most attention for being the Ravens biggest need but if you actually watch a Ravens game you can see the pass-rush is so abysmal that the corners are pretty much screwed. However we do have a need for a guy that can cover other teams #1 receivers, or at least a bigger corner that can play man coverage effectively.

5 - RG/RT: Depending on where we want to use Yanda for the future we will have a need at RG or RT. Either spot will do but a RT is preferred since Yanda is better on the inside, but if he gets a bigger contract I could see us looking for a guard instead (he's not going anywhere, I can assure you of that).

6 - S: Dawan Landry has been pretty awful so far this season and it would be a shame for us to bring him back. We will also need an heir apparent to Reed, although with this safety class I could see us waiting for another year. Zbikowski or Nakamura will probably get the first chance at the SS spot if/when Landry is gone, but if we are in a position to add somebody that could compete with either for the spot I think that's an option. Again, with the weak class I could see us just sticking with what we have and waiting until next year to address either safety spot.

7 - C: Birk will be in his last year of his contract next season and I think it will be hard for us to bring him back with any hope of him holding down the center spot for the next couple of years. He's been alright this season but his age is starting to show and we need a replacement soon. A guy with the strength to take on the NTs we see on a consistent basis in the AFCN would be nice but a great technician similar to Birk isn't out of the question either.

8 - OLB: With the recent reports of Kindle possibly being out next season as well this becomes a need. I think it's just the doctors not wanting to promise anything but with a head injury like Kindle's you never know. Jarrett Johnson has been disappointing this season and we literally have no depth at the position. Suggs has been great but we need a guy opposite of him to really utilize him correctly. Adding LBers that can cover is also a pretty big need.

That seems to be about it, and there isn't a whole lot of separation in the urgency of our needs. BPA at any of the positions I mentioned is likely the route Ozzie will go, after all I listed 8 of them and BPA at a position of need seems to be his way of drafting.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Skins

1.qb
2.wr
3.dline
4.olb
5.interior o line
6.fs/cb
for me its a little different

1. qb
2. dline
2b. oline (all but LT)
4. wr
5. fs/cb
6. olb
Old 12-27-2010, 06:11 AM    (permalink
nikole.957

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I second this.
Center - Dan Koppen has a ton of experience and knows all the line calls, but New England has had trouble defending against pressure from up the middle this year, and Koppen isn't strong enough to defend against all the nose tackles in the league nowadays.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
St. Louis Rams

A lot of these first couple needs will obviously depend on depth in the situations, Rams don't have one glaring need over another, a lot of areas still need improvement

1) Right Defensive End - The Rams are relatively high-ranking in sacks among the league this year but Spags love to have a dominant defense and although the linebackers have been huge this year and a pass-rushing DE on the other side of Chris Long would be huge for this defense.

2) Outside Linebacker (WILL or SAM) - Like I said the first three could be interchangeable so I'll talk about this one next. Right now the Rams have started this entire season with Na'il Diggs and Larry Grant on the outside of James Laurinaitis and while both those guys have showed they are excellent depth players at the position a true impact guy along side Animal Jr. would be a big pick up for the defense.

3) Wide Receiver - With the emergence of guys like Danny Amendola, Mark Clayton (before his knee was torn up), and now even Danario Alexander the WR position might not be the first round need it was a month or so ago but nonetheless there is still not an impact guy within this offense so someone with the size to pair with an injury risk like Alexander (I am a big Mizzou fan and it kills me to say that) would be great alongside the returning deep threats in Donnie Avery and Clayton.

4) Running Back - Steven Jackson is a beast but for years the Rams have needed a solid number 2 guy to spell him about 9-10 plays (and not just passing situations like Darby) and this is the year I hope the Rams actually snag a backup for Jackson.

5) Interior O-Line - The Rams have done a great job solidifying the LT, RT, LG, and C positions but the RG spot has been the big question mark for year. Adam Golberg hasn't been bad this year but some more young depth along the offensive line would be key.

6) Defensive Tackle - Decided to throw in a sixth need here for the Rams. The defensive tackle position hasn't always been the most important for Spags' defense but the Rams showed real interest in Suh and McCoy last year and so I think that shows they recognize that some young talent and depth is needed on the interior d-line.
Perfect analysis! The first three are all equally as important and will give the Rams the oppurtunity to select the BPA.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers (not necessarily in order of highest need) ....

First, let me say that we have game-changers on offense. It's our defense that really needs to be improved.

As it stands now, we have a 1st, 2nd, 3 3rds, & I believe 1 each of 5-7. Two of the 3rds COULD become 2nds, but in reality only one of those (Cromartie) has any chance of that actually occurring. Either way, I'd like to see our 1st 3 picks go towards defense.

OLB - we live & breathe with our LB'ing corps. I have serious doubts about English & Applewhite really suffers with play recognition. We need a stud here. Currently, I really like Akeem ayers for our scheme.

ILB - Butler is a complete unknown here. Not a Cooper fan. This area needs attention as well. Hopefully Burnett stays & Siler continues to develop. I could see a guy like Nate Irving with a 3rd.

DE/DT - Cesaire could well be gone. Castillo is made of glass. Travis Johnson really hasn't shown much & has been injured a fair amount. This is definitely an area of need. Garay played quite well in 2010 but is on the back side of 30. Not a big Cam Thomas fan, Martin is still learning the NFL. Guys I like? Dareus, Kendrick Ellis, Ryan Kerrigan, Marvin Austin, maybe Bailey. I'd really prefer someone who weighs in excess of 300 lbs., is at least 6-4 (for a DE), & has a motor & attitude.

Safety - Weddle is a decent safety. Stuckey is a question mark. Frankly, I think the time has come to move Jammer to safety which means (dare I say it??) we'd be looking to AJ Smith to draft a DB again. Not a prospect I like to imagine.

ROT - Clary could be gone & could definitely be upgraded. Haven't done much homework here yet so I don't really have a prospect list. I think we can rest assured that this are won't be addressed before the 3rd at the earliest. That's just AJ Smith's mindset.

Slot WR/KR - Sproles is likely gone unless he negotiates a reasonable salary. Don't see it happening. I'd like to see Crayton remain a Charger & bring someone in to learn from him & Joiner. I believe that somehow a deal will get worked out with Jackson. If not, we'll be looking for more than one receiver.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Detroit Lions
1. Outside linebacker
2. Interior offensive line
3. Cornerback
4. Defensive end
5. Offensive Tackle
6. Running Back
I'd like to revise the Lions needs based on more recent developments:

1. Cornerback
2. Outside Linebacker
3. Right Guard
4. Strong Safety
5. Running Back
6. Defensive End
7. Slot Receiver
8. Offensive Tackle
Old 12-30-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers

1) QB
2) CB
3) FS
4) DE
5) RG
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts
LT
DT
S
OLB
RT
CB

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
dolfan
Rookie

dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Miami Dolphins

1) QB: Enough said.

2) RB: SPEED, CAT BACK RB

3) WR: 2nd option WR so BESS can play the slot.

4) TE: PASS catching TE.

5) OG: LG is a giant ?, the oline needs depth badly.

6) RT: vernon carey has become sluggish and rather slow.

7) NT: depth.. if paul solai isnt resigned.

funny how all of our major glaring needs are on offense..
dolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan View Post
1) QB: Enough said.

2) RB: SPEED, CAT BACK RB

3) WR: 2nd option WR so BESS can play the slot.

4) TE: PASS catching TE.

5) OG: LG is a giant ?, the oline needs depth badly.

6) RT: vernon carey has become sluggish and rather slow.

7) NT: depth.. if paul solai isnt resigned.

funny how all of our major glaring needs are on offense..
You guys get someone across from Marshall and I really think Bess will put up disgusting numbers from the slot.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
dolfan
Rookie

dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes sir i agree.. leonard hankerson will be a baller here if he came, i know he started out shakey at miami but with good coaching he tore it up, now with the dolphins and some real coaching, he will be the next great U wr
dolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
sdobbers
Rookie

sdobbers hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

EDIT:

2011 RAMS TEAM NEEDS

1a. Wide Receiver: As the whole nation could see on national TV last week, our WR corps needs an upgrade. While I do believe we have some solid pieces in place (Clayton, Amendola), we also have some question marks (Alexander, Avery, Gibson) and no true #1 WR that defenses have to account for. Most of our receivers are smaller, so what we really need to bring in is a bigger WR. We also need a receiver that has some speed seeing as our only receiver with any amount of speed is Avery, and you can pretty much count on him being on the IR by week 5 of any given season. Any receiver that we draft must also have pretty good hands [note: see how many drops we had vs. Seattle...we had to deal with that all year].

So what we need is a big, fast receiver with reliable hands.

1b. Weakside Linebacker: Really we need both a SAM and WILL linebacker, but more so a WILL linebacker. This season we weren't able to match up on opposing teams TE's and slot receivers at all and it cost us dearly. When Mr. Irrelevant is your starting WLB you know you have problems.

1c. Right Guard: For the most part, our offensive line is set. We have two young bookends (Saffold, Smith) and a solid center (Jason Brown). Our LG, Jacob Bell, is adequate and we could use him for another season or so. However, our RG's have been atrocious this year. We need a guard who is a mauler and can get some decent push in the run game.

2a. Running Back: Jackson is a workhorse, pure and simple. He won't last forever though, and its about time we start looking for a backup for him. Whatever running back we draft needs to be good at pass-protection, and needs to be a speedy, change of pace back.

2b. Right Defensive End: Long has the LDE position on lock-down for the next decade or so, we just need a long term solution across from him. Right now we have James Hall playing there, and he's been outstanding this year but he's not getting any younger. If we don't end up signing someone like Kiwi this off-season, this is going to be a big priority for us.

3. Strong Safety: We have our play-making FS in Atogwe, but we don't quite have a solid starter for the Strong Safety position. We've been rotating in Craig Dahl and James Butler (who? … exactly). They've been getting burned for big-plays all season, so we need to get someone in here who knows how to cover some people.

4. Tight End: Our only consistent blocking TE has been Bajema, but even he could use an upgrade. I'd be surprised if we brought back Fells. While Hoomanawanui has shown flashes of promise, being one of King Sam's favorite targets, he still needs to show that he can stay healthy. Also, at this point we're not quite sure what we have in Fendi Onobun.

5. Defensive Tackle: Fred Robbins has been huge for us this year, but we definitely need to start looking for his replacement. If we can we should bring in Cofield as a FA signing and then draft another guy.

6. Nickel Cornerback: Can never have too many CB's. Spags likes physical, press cornerbacks (Fletcher, Murphy) so expect him to pick up another one if he can in the later rounds...unless an absolute can-not-pass-on shut-down corner falls to us early.

Last edited by sdobbers : 01-08-2011 at 02:00 PM.
sdobbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB is the BIGGEST need for the SF team right now its not even funny any more.Please either draft Locker or go later round QB.We got our coach Hargbaugh now we need a QB
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it'd be nice if people actually read these... but alas they never do.

ATL's ACTUAL NEEDS:
WR - need a big possesion guy with some speed.
TE - need another TG type.
OT - need a guy to battle at LT
DE - need a pure pass rusher
RB - need a good Change of Pace with a better injury history (meaning no injuries)

STOP GIVING US
CB - Grimes, Robinson and our group of nickels don't need to be replaced.
S - We have 4 very good S. no need to add more
OG - we have 4 very good OG's, no need to add more, just keep what we have.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
fatmosh
Rookie

fatmosh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Team needs:

1. Pass rushing 4-3 DE - Stylez White is average and getting old. Crowder is meh. Kyle Moore is a bum. Michael Bennett is a high motor back up. Alex Magee is more of a LE IMO. We are 31st in the NFL in sacks and 3rd down conversion % allowed. Simply put, we are horrible at putting pressure on the opposing team's QB.

Bowers (2 year starter, All ACC 1st team)
Quinn (2 year starter, 2009 All ACC 1st team)
Kerrigan (Co-Captain, 3 year starter, 2 time All BIG 10 1st team)
Aldon Smith (2 year starter, 2009 All-BIG 12 2nd team)
Jeremy Beal (3 year starter, 2009 All BIG 12 2nd team, 2010 1st team)
Romeus (2 year starter, 2009 All BIG EAST 1st team)

2.4-3 Outside Linebacker - Geno Hayes is still young, but is way too light and inconsistent. Who knows if we can count on him even if he were a better player, because of his off the field issues. Quincy Black has been on the team for awhile and is currently on IR. Not saying that he isn't supposed ot be back to 100% before the season starts, but I think we have seen enough from him to know he is average at best. Hayward is a career special teamer. Would like to see more of what Watson can do in the next 2 games, but still think we should look to upgrade here in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Our run defense is horrible, 29th in yards per game and dead last in yards per rush. UGGHH!!

Akeem Ayers (2 year starter, All PAC 10 1st team)
Bruce Carter (4 year starter, All ACC 2nd team)
Martez Wilson (2 year starter, All Big 10 1st team)
Greg Jones, MLB (4 year starter, 3 time All BIG 10 1st team)
Zach Brown (2 year starter)

3. Safety
- Tanard Jackson has pro bowl talent in a junkie's body. He's supposed to come back after week 2 or 3 next year, but who knows if he can get his crap together and help this team make a playoff run in 2011. Sean Jones has been a nice addition, but he has been caught out of position this year and isn't a ball hawk. Cody Grimm was a very nice diamond in the rough and really helped to improve our run defense. Love his heart, attitude and text book tackling. Corey "Hard Knocks" Lynch is more of a ball hawk than Jones, but is a 3rd stringer and it shows. Larry Asante has yet to be activated to my knowledge so I have no opinion on him, other than what I saw from him at Nebraska. He's supposedly a thumper but brings nothing else to the table. We need a ball hawking, play making free safety to play alongside Grimm in the future Bucs secondary, IMO. Grimm could be special at Strong.

Quenton Carter ( 2 year starter, All BIG 12 1st team)
Rahim Moore (3 year starter, 2 time All PAC 10 1st team)
Eric Hagg (3 year starter, All BIG 12 1st team)
Mark Barron (2 year starter, 2 time All SEC 1st team)
Ahmad Black (3 year starter, All SEC 1st team)

4. Offensive Line (other than LT)
- Lets be honest these guys have been overrated when healthy and now that they have been hit with the injury bug we get to see that we have been doing ok with their backups/rookies filling in. Joseph and Faine are supposed to be the most talented, instead they are the most overrated, IMO. Trueblood lost his spot to James Lee after an early season injury and only got it back after Lee suffered a 2nd quarter injury in the Detroit game. Trueblood looks like he should be a mauling run blocker, exactly what I would expect out of a RT, but he isn't. Larsen and Zuttah are young OL that we have that have done well filling in this year. Not sure about Lee. I could live with any highly rated OL being drafted early.

Gabe Carimi (4 year starter, 2 time All BIG 10 1st team)
John Moffitt (4 year starter, 2 time ALL BIG 10 1st team)
Marcus Cannon (3 year starter, 2 time ALL MWC 1st team)
Nate Solder (3 year starter, All BIG 12 1st team)
Derek Sherrod (3 year starter, All SEC 1st team)
Anthony Castonzo (4 year starter, 2 time All ACC 1st team, 2008 2nd team)

5. Run stopping DE - See above for complete DE analysis. We could very well take 2 DE's this draft, much like how we doubled up on WR and DTs in 2010. If the elite pass rushers are gone by the time our pick comes up (which is very likely) and if we choose not to trade up, I would not be upset if the BPA in the second round was a strong LE. Wouldn't want to draft one in the first, though.

Jared Crick (2 year starter, 2 time All BIG 12 1st team)
J.J. Watt (2 year starter, All BIG 10 1st team)
Pernell McPhee (2 year starter, 2009 All SEC 2nd team and 2010 1st team)

6. Change of pace RB - some speed for our Blount Force Trauma. Don't know if we don't already have that in Kareem Huggins (IR), but if the BPA in the middle to late rounds is a fast, pass catching RB then so be it.

DeMarco Murray
Noel Devine
Kendal Hunter
Shane Vereen

7. Big bruising FB
- Earnest Graham is not a true FB. Pretty sure Blount is bigger. lol

Owen Marecic
A good list, but my take is a bit different...

1) RDE
2) LDE
3) RT
4) LG

Simply put, we have huge gaping holes in our lines that need to be fixed.

I'm under the opinion that, due to the CBA, there will be very little free agent movement this year. Because of that, I expect most of our FAs to return.

I'm not ready to throw out OLBs under the bus yet. Give Hayes and Black another year to prove their worth, then toss them out if they don't excel.

What I DO know is that we don't have an NFL-caliber starting DE on the roster and that Dominik just said that rushing the passer is a priority.

Safety depth will be handled by Grimm and Jackson's probable return.

I believe Huggins and/or Lumpkin will be our change of pace guy.

And yes, we do need a true FB.
fatmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas needs:

1) CB -- Newman is a goner unless they want to pay him $9M in 2011
2) Pure Center -- Gurode was a converted OG, move him back there to replace Leonard Davis, protecting Romo is a top priority when you realize how the offense plummeted w/out him, note that an A-gap rush broke his collarbone vs. the Giants
3) DE -- Spears is history too, unless Bowen wows new DC Rob Ryan he like Hatcher will remain a backup, Olshansky didn't set the woods on fire last yr. either
3a) NT -- If Ryan wants Ratliff moved to DE
4) PK -- Yeah it's this important, no faith in Buehler whatsoever, FA kickers have been awful in Dallas lately, better to draft one
5) Backup QB -- Kitna is 38
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote