Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Texans still have Green and Dayne and they'll get the majority of the carries. I think they'll draft a back on Day 2
i mean for other teams too. If someone like the Lions picks up Carr, then they prolly wont pick quinn at number4 two. If the bills pick up Williams, AP could slip to number 16! Lynch could go in the twenties! this is just crazy. I can understand the cut of david carr, he never really showed up, but they cut Williams, who is great when he is healthy, for a back who gets hurt just as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Domanick Williams when healthy would ALWAY run all over the Titans, i wouln't mind bringing him in to back up White and be the one-two punch we need.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
i mean for other teams too. If someone like the Lions picks up Carr, then they prolly wont pick quinn at number4 two. If the bills pick up Williams, AP could slip to number 16! Lynch could go in the twenties! this is just crazy. I can understand the cut of david carr, he never really showed up, but they cut Williams, who is great when he is healthy, for a back who gets hurt just as much.
Another batch of top QB prospects shouldn't be passed over for the potential of David Carr.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Scott, what was your scouting report for David Carr back in 2002?
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i remember when davis, carr, and johnson were being touted as the next big three, kind of sad how this has turned out.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Williams' career is done. Carr has a future as a Joey Harrington-like back-up.
THANK YOU Shiver. I've asked in two different threads today for somebody to please explain what the hell the difference is between Carr and Harrington, and why people give Carr a free pass but slam Harrington.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:57 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best place for Carr to end up would be the Lions. I think Martz could really make something out of him, and while the Lions offensive line is by no means a top tier unit, they're quite a bit better than the Texans. That was really his problem. I still really like Carr. I wish him the best. Miami would not be a good place for him to go. Too many uncertainties there. There would the the Culpepper/Carr drama, which would end up hurting them both. Still, I wish both of them the best. I thought the Texans really had something in 2004. Andre Johnson has his first 1000 yard year, Domanick had 1600 yards from scrimmage behind a crummy line, and threw for 3500 yards and completed 61 percent of his passes. Behind a good line, that really could have been something. They definitely tried....but the old football adage proved to be true once again; games are won and loss in the trenches. And the Texans just never addressed the line.
Oh, and @yourfavestoner and Shiver...
I really don't think you can compare Carr and Harrington. In Harringtons best year, he threw for 3047 yards, 19 touchdowns, 12 picks, and completed 56% of his passes. His career completion percentage is 55.2%, with a quarterback rating of 68.2
Carr on the other hand, has completed 60% of his passes in 3 out 5 years in the league, and last year had a career high 68.3 completion percentage. The Texans also invested considerably less in their offense over the years. In the past 3 years, the Texans have drafted a defensive player number one over someone who could help on the offensive side of the ball, in fact, in 2004, they spent 5 picks on defense, and didn't draft a single linemen, all the while Carr was getting the crap knocked out of him. They drafted one linemen in 2005, 5th round center Drew Hodgdon, who has started 8 games in two years. Until last year, they 4 linemen in just as many years, despite having massive offensive line issues.....and all the ones they did get have not made much of an impact. So it's not really fair to compare them. Carr isn't the type of person who can take a franchise on his back...but only 3 or 4 quarterbacks in the league are like that. Still, maybe I'm crazy, but I think in the right situation he could be a damned good player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 03-24-2007 at 02:13 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings should be in contact with both. Davis at 75% of what he was is at least as good as Taylor and thus worth a punt.

Carr is flat out better and has more potential than anyone, what he did given his protection is actually really good.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wish people would stop slamming the texans for taking mario williams...if you have a DE who is compared to peppers, and actually times better, and puts up better numbers at the combines, its not stupid or crazy to take that as your #1 pick....

as many said, davis injury was freak, and he was certainly a great back, and carr was still young, showing potential...they had cornerstones on offense, they needed the defense to come around to win some games, and if mario ended up/ends up ala kearse or peppers, it was most definately the smartest decision for them...he's a difference maker on the D line, they had production on offense outside of the line, they were headed in the right direction.....

somehow they ended up backwards in just one years time, and even further back with the schaub trade...sucks for johnson, but lundy is going to be a solid back, they still need one more back, and another WR, but their only a few years away from the playoffs if schaub pans out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Williams is going to end up being a lot like Hakeem was in the NBA. It wont matter how great he is if he cant end up better than Vince, Leinart, Cutler and Reggie because he isnt a big name guy like them.

I have no problem with the pick, Davis' injury was just unlucky or they had their franchise back. Carr has the talent, what they need is an OLine. I think the only guy they truly "passed" on to take Williams was D'Brickashaw. He was the only guy who fitted a need with the talent for the #1 pick, Mario being the other guy and even more talented with a ******** of potential makes him a good pick in my book.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think carr is still promising and wouldn't mind having him battle sexy rexy for the starting job in chi town this year.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Homicide
Rookie

Homicide hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would like to see the Colts pursue Domanick.
Homicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Dominick Davis Williams (whatever he is called at the moment) is finished. He is not a starter anymore. He is a backup at best. Most likely he played his last NFL snap in 2006. Get over it.

Carr will go to a place where he thinks he can start. It won't be Green Bay or Chicago.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote