Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-19-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Have you guys started listing your own big board's yet for players you like for your own team in Round 1?
I don't really focus on college football. If I helped it would be based on this site and other draft sites, and who is projected to go round 1. I am interested to see, in real life, who we may be focusing in on.

I think we may need more OL men, and perhaps more toys in the form of a RB, WR, and/or TE.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you guys started listing your own big board's yet for players you like for your own team in Round 1?
I certainly have and there are really a lot of ways we could go.

Much will depend on how the Gmen perform down the stretch and what happens in free agency, there are a lot of key players coming off contract.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An interesting tidbit I realized about Jerry Reese. He's not successful in the 4th round, it's been his Achilles heal.

So far, our 4th rounds under the Jerry Reese consist of:

Zak DeOssie - bust as a LB, full time long snapper now

Bryan Kehl - cut

Andre Brown - cut

Phillip Dillard - most likely a career backup at MIKE. has potential but won't be much more than a solid depth guy IMO.

Not exactly the best 4th rounds. I understand some of those 4th round picks were real late and more similar to 5th rounders, but still, the 4th round is still an area where you can get quality guys, and so far we've missed in our 4th rounds each year under Reese.

I'm not complaining, Reese is one of the best in the business, I just thought this was interesting.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO be fair I've loved each one of those picks before Dillard. DeOzzie was a guy we all wanted, Kehl was universally regarded as a steal and had Andre Brown never had that injury we may have our starting RB OTF. We should've just drafted James Starks this year...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
TO be fair I've loved each one of those picks before Dillard. DeOzzie was a guy we all wanted, Kehl was universally regarded as a steal and had Andre Brown never had that injury we may have our starting RB OTF. We should've just drafted James Starks this year...
I agree. I was thrilled with the DeOssie pick. I wanted him or Stewart Bradley in the 3rd, but I felt at the time we got better value with DeOssie in the 4th. I'm very disappointed in him. So soft and had no desire to be a good player.

I was ok with the Kehl pick, didn't know much about him at the time and I sort of felt he got shafted here. But still, the proof is in the pudding, and Kehl just didn't play up to his capabilities. He was soft.

I loved the Andre Brown pick. I won't fault Reese at all for that one, it's just a shame he got hurt. That was a good pick.

I wanted Geno Atkins so bad! Aaaah, I won't ever let that one go. We couldve gotten Geno, we couldve gotten Aaron Hernandez. Lots of guys. We messed that pick up.

I feel like the front office got a LB just to get an LB at that point. Which was a mistake.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So I checked out the Oklahoma Nebraska game on Saturday (one of the rare times I actually watch college football) and I saw 2 guys that I am interested in.

This Prince Akamura, I think he's a stud. He has ideal size and speed, good technique, I'd LOVE to have him on the Giants. I think he can be a shut down corner, especially in a press man coverage defense.

I'm guessing by looking at him play, he's probably going to be a top 10 pick, so he's probably out of the picture for us. But man, I like him. He's going to be a nice consolation prize at CB for a team who can't get Patrick Peterson.

The other guy was DeMarco Murray. I don't know how he will grade out. He looked like a 2nd/3rd round RB to me based on several factors:

1. He doesn't have elite top end speed
2. His vision isn't as good enough to be viewed as an elite back to me
3. He is strong, but he can't overpower people like Turner/Greene can

For those reasons, I'd view him based on my first glimpse as a 2nd or 3rd round back. But I like him in our system. He can run inside and outside, he possesses a good lookin RB body on him, and he can catch it and run great routes.

He almost looks like a thick WR playing RB. I think with a FB and a run blocking scheme like we possess, he can be an Arian Foster like back for us. I wouldn't mind taking him either.

Thoughts?

I'm curious to know what you guys think, bc you watch a lot more college football than I do.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone have any thoughts on DeMarco Murray?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him but he already has a lot of wear and tear since he's been playing at Oklahoma forever. I like Leshoure on Illinois better though. I'm really not concerned with RB though I don't think we even need to take one in this draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So I checked out the Oklahoma Nebraska game on Saturday (one of the rare times I actually watch college football) and I saw 2 guys that I am interested in.

This Prince Akamura, I think he's a stud. He has ideal size and speed, good technique, I'd LOVE to have him on the Giants. I think he can be a shut down corner, especially in a press man coverage defense.

I'm guessing by looking at him play, he's probably going to be a top 10 pick, so he's probably out of the picture for us. But man, I like him. He's going to be a nice consolation prize at CB for a team who can't get Patrick Peterson.

The other guy was DeMarco Murray. I don't know how he will grade out. He looked like a 2nd/3rd round RB to me based on several factors:

1. He doesn't have elite top end speed
2. His vision isn't as good enough to be viewed as an elite back to me
3. He is strong, but he can't overpower people like Turner/Greene can

For those reasons, I'd view him based on my first glimpse as a 2nd or 3rd round back. But I like him in our system. He can run inside and outside, he possesses a good lookin RB body on him, and he can catch it and run great routes.

He almost looks like a thick WR playing RB. I think with a FB and a run blocking scheme like we possess, he can be an Arian Foster like back for us. I wouldn't mind taking him either.

Thoughts?

I'm curious to know what you guys think, bc you watch a lot more college football than I do.
I'm working on a short mock that I can't ever seem to finish for some reason or another. I hate when work gets in the way of play. lol. Anyways, I have you guys taking Justin Blackmon. Thoughts? Ironically, he pretty much had his way with Amakumara. I came away thinking Prince might actually be a little overrated.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I like him but he already has a lot of wear and tear since he's been playing at Oklahoma forever. I like Leshoure on Illinois better though. I'm really not concerned with RB though I don't think we even need to take one in this draft.
I think we could use another RB. I just don't want to spend anything in the 1st round, preferably not in the 2nd either.

I like Murray. He can catch it very well, he can run routes very well, and he looks like he has speed and power. He can cut, he's decisive, he kind of reminds me of McFadden's running style. LonghornLegends compared him to Clinton Portis, and that's actually a very good comparison.

If his stock falls bc of durability concerns plus mileage, I'd definitely take him in the 3rd.

Quote:
I'm working on a short mock that I can't ever seem to finish for some reason or another. I hate when work gets in the way of play. lol. Anyways, I have you guys taking Justin Blackmon. Thoughts? Ironically, he pretty much had his way with Amakumara. I came away thinking Prince might actually be a little overrated.
If he's BPA, I'd have no problem with it. I came away very impressed with Blackmon when watching those highlights. But it would be a luxury pick. And if we did go WR, I think we'd go after more of a speed guy than a big body guy, bc we already have that.

I like Prince. Everybody gets beat once in awhile. I think he didnt play that bad. He got burned once, and the other time he bit on a flea flicker. The rest of the game, he held him in check.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think we could use another RB. I just don't want to spend anything in the 1st round, preferably not in the 2nd either.

I like Murray. He can catch it very well, he can run routes very well, and he looks like he has speed and power. He can cut, he's decisive, he kind of reminds me of McFadden's running style. LonghornLegends compared him to Clinton Portis, and that's actually a very good comparison.

If his stock falls bc of durability concerns plus mileage, I'd definitely take him in the 3rd.

If he's BPA, I'd have no problem with it. I came away very impressed with Blackmon when watching those highlights. But it would be a luxury pick. And if we did go WR, I think we'd go after more of a speed guy than a big body guy, bc we already have that.

I like Prince. Everybody gets beat once in awhile. I think he didnt play that bad. He got burned once, and the other time he bit on a flea flicker. The rest of the game, he held him in check.
I got the RB for you BBD!

Alex Green, RB, Hawaii - 6'2", 232 pounds.

Comes from the Run 'N Shoot so going to the G-Men would be like graduate school! Probably the best receiving back prospect in the draft. Might be the best blocking back too, if not then probably the most experienced, considering how many times Hawaii steps back to pass. Not a shifty back, but he breaks arm tackles and has a nose for the endzone.

Look what he did this season:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=480922
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually do like Murray I'm just afraid about his injury concerns. Leshoure has a lot of the same qualities as Murray.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Hmmm, interesting. I gotta scout both of those guys. I'm still not in scouting mode yet, so bear with me.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im weary of Alex Green, but he does look like a guy that could be lookin to knock some DB's out of the game once he gets into the secondary.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bradshaw is resigned (as I expect he will be), then RB will not be a major need with both Bradshaw and Jacobs under contract.

Oline may not be a huge need either

We will have our starters under contract, plus we extended Koets as a backup centre and both Andrews, Beatty under contract, Petrus will be better. Even Meredith is at least as good a developmental LT prospect as most of the draft prospects.

The only one of our Oline off contract is Boothe and there is a reasonable chance he could be back.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
If Bradshaw is resigned (as I expect he will be), then RB will not be a major need with both Bradshaw and Jacobs under contract.

Oline may not be a huge need either

We will have our starters under contract, plus we extended Koets as a backup centre and both Andrews, Beatty under contract, Petrus will be better. Even Meredith is at least as good a developmental LT prospect as most of the draft prospects.

The only one of our Oline off contract is Boothe and there is a reasonable chance he could be back.
Here's something to ponder:

What if Bradshaw would ask for roughly the same amount of money as DeAngelo Williams?

Do we go after DWill instead? I personally LOVE DWill and think he'd be a beast on our team. If the pricetag was right, I'd welcome him in Giant blue.

Personally, I hate signing any RB past his rookie contract and I'm a big believer in finding mid round guys and plug and chug, but I wouldn't be against DWill at all bc I do like his game quit a bit.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the world of Dwill, but he's got an incredible amount of miles on his tires. Remember he carried the load in college for all four years and despite sharing duties with Stewart in Carolina he's ran the ball a **** ton there to. I'd be very hesitent to sign him to a big deal over Bradshaw unless the cost is roughly the same, which I seriously doubt with this being Bradshaw's lone year as the number one guy and funmble problems.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAngelo has insane vision, but he looked like he lost a step this season at least to me. Maybe he played injured, but another thing to look at is the 4 backs on Carolina that have had success, their OL is pretty damn good at run blocking.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-13-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I do think we will be looking for a mid-late round RB to replace Ware.

I think Bradshaw could be resigned for a lot less than DeAngelo Williams, but if Williams is available he is worth a look, he would be an awesome complement to Jacobs.

There are plenty of other decent RBs off contract as well including
James Harrison
Ronnie Brown
Leon Washington
etc

Last edited by Big_Pete : 12-13-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Needs: SLB/MLB, C, RB, OT, CB, TE, FB, DT

SLB/MLB- Bulluck doesn't look great out there, he's old, he is coming off an injury in the offseason that made the titans weary of his future, he was a stopgap this year, but the real question is: Sintim.

At MLB, Goff has done a valiant job this year, my praises go out to him for how well he's performed, but he is only an ok starter, the MLB in a team that plays aggressive defense should be more than just ok. He definitely doesn't give Fewell flexibility within the scheme.

C- O'Hara is looking like garbage, he's old, he's not getting a push in the run game, and experience isn't a great enough factor for him to keep his job. Seubert/Koets did a good enough job when they were given time, but do we want to settle for that? This draft has at least 2 prospects that could step in and be just as effective, with potential for more.

OT- Not even sure if this is a need, with Andrews emerging as a possible LT for us, and a good one, we could move Diehl in to Guard, where he performed well for a game(think only once this season). RT is definitely a possibility, but Beatty also played well, but well enough for a start?

CB- Also a question if we need one here, Aaron Ross has stepped up and im very happy with his performances in recent games. He is not really fit for a nickelback position, but has held very close coverage and nearly jumped a route twice. Can he take this a step further?

TE- I hate to say it, but im envious of the Jet's, Dustin Keller is a consistent and impressive TE who may not be great at blocking, about equal to boss, but surely provides a security blanket for his QB while still being a threat to the defense. Travis Beckum could be that kind of guy, they are very similar, but he hasn't shown much at all with Gilbride's system

FB- Hedgecock out, Pascoe in, except Pascoe is still only an average blocker. With guys like Leonard weaver or Vonta Leach out there, why can't we land one? It would greatly help the run game, there was a huge difference even with pascoe, and give us 11 useful players on the field. Pascoe is sufficient though.

DT- Cofield could leave us, and the depth behind him, Canty, Joseph, and Bernard, is not enough.

1. (*trade back into 2nd gain 3rd) Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State

2. Travis Lewis SLB/MLB Oklahoma

*3a. Noel Devine RB West Virginia

3b. Ben Ijalana RT/OG Villanova

4. Brandon Hogan CB West Virginia/Charles Brown CB North Carolina

6. Corbin Bryant DT/DE Northwestern

7. Derrick Locke RS

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 12-28-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I know it's early, but I'm starting to check out some prospects. So far the ones that intrigue me are:

Greg Jones - We desperately need a MIKE who can give us range in the middle of the field and defend the middle. We need more speed at linebacker and he has all the characteristics, but his lack of size concerns me. I'll continue to keep an eye on him and evaluate him as I learn more about him.

Nick Fairley - We need a presence at DT. Fairley is the best DT available, but probably out of our reach. I need to see more of him, something about him scares me. I see a little bit of bust potential in this guy so far and I can't figure out why.

Akeem Ayers - OLB that has good tools. We need more speed and toughness at linebacker, both inside and outside.

Aaron Williams - We need more depth at CB with Ross most likely leaving soon. CBs need a year to adjust, getting 1 a year early would be a good idea. Plus like DEs, you can never have enough CBs.

Brandon Harris - See Aaron Williams

Bruce Carter - Has the speed, but so far I've noticed he doesn't wrap up well and takes bad angles. But we need more speed at linebacker, so he's an option for now.

Gabe Carimi - RT prospect. McKenzie is old and I'd prefer to stick Diehl at LG instead of RT if we have that option.

Drake Nevis - Great penetrator and can be the interior pass rusher we're looking for.

Cameron Heyward - Can be what Canty was supposed to be. I think he's tremendous value and I'd love to have him. He can play inside for us, he can play outside in run heavy sets, and he also offers us 34 versatility in the future. The more multiple you can be in your fronts, the better. And I think Heyward is good enough that he'll be a great 34 DE or 43 DT/DE hybrid.

I'll try to check out some Centers as well. Basically, I feel like BPA is probably the best route to go since once again, our needs don't line up with our draft position.

I'd say C, OT, ILB, OLB, DT, CB, TE, and S are areas of concern. Of course we won't get someone in each position, but getting BPA from one of those positions wouldn't be terrible.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 01-01-2011 at 08:19 AM.
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good list. I'm a big Harris fan myself if he decides to enter the draft. Nevis I'm very high on as well. Fairley is going to be a stud though. He's absurdly good. He's not at Suh's level, because few are, but he is a damn fine DT prospect which we sadly will have no chance at.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Good list. I'm a big Harris fan myself if he decides to enter the draft. Nevis I'm very high on as well. Fairley is going to be a stud though. He's absurdly good. He's not at Suh's level, because few are, but he is a damn fine DT prospect which we sadly will have no chance at.
What do you think of Heyward? I'm really warming up to the idea of grabbing him.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

You guys forgot to list Travis Lewis. He's going to be a stud MLB/WLB in the NFL and I could easily see the Giants grabbing him in the first round.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
You guys forgot to list Travis Lewis. He's going to be a stud MLB/WLB in the NFL and I could easily see the Giants grabbing him in the first round.
Is he going to declare? If he does, I'd definitely be interested, he looks very good from the few Oklahoma games I've seen.