Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The "Evolution" of College Football In Florida

1. Miami

2. Florida State

3. Florida

Growing in the late 90's and early 2000's, far far away in a land called Connecticut, I watched the aforementioned powerhouses dominate college football. Nowadays, it seems as if the state of Florida is growing more and more irrelevant. With Urban Meyer leaving Florida today, it seems as if things have never been worse.

What has happened since? Can someone from Florida, or someone who has followed Florida college football en masse explain to me why there's been such a large shift in power? Why have Miami and Florida State lost their dominance? Why did FSU beat Jacksonville State by a slim margin of 19-9? And why are teams like USF emerging? I wouldn't be surprised in 15-20 years if USF is the best team in the state, based on what I've seen over the last 5 years.

I guess the main question is, where do you see Florida college football in 10 years, and why is this happening? Don't these kids want to go to Miami and FSU anymore? If they still are nabbing great recruiting classes, is the why aren't they developing into elite talents, and why aren't they winning? Obviously, the talent pool of high school kids isn't shrinking, but it seems to me that the kids are migrating to other states for their ball, or they're just dispersing themselves more evenly to USF Will Miami and FSU ever return to dominance?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote